New Funperks Features

khaoskat

The last two posts demonstrate what I consider to be the single largest problem with the current implementation of FUN Perks. The current implementation forces you to select your reward based solely on a three- or four-word description, and only AFTER you make that irrevocable choice are you shown the full details and fine print on the voucher. I understand that the program is still being tested and modified, but this IMO needs to be fixed ASAP. They need to ensure that people can know exactly what they are getting before they make a choice that can't be undone. To not do so is deceptive at best.

• Like 8

Has anyone redeemed and printed (I assume none have been used yet) a reward for $x off a 2013 pass? I have one at $10 for a level 2 reward, and another at $20 for a level 3, and assume there will be another option at level 4 if/when I get there.

My question is, can I print off both the $20 and the $10 reward and use both? I'll have to purchass multiple passes, so I suspect I can use one on one pass, and the other on another, or perhaps I'd have to do them in seperate orders, but they reward voucher might limit your options.

Knowing their system, I doubt it would allow you to combine both vouchers into one pass, but they would be able to be used on two separate passes.

Does anyone know if FunPerks will carry through Haunt or will they expire on Labor Day Weekend? Thank you. That is all.

Yes. Someone knows.

More seriously, ask the park. There's a dedicated contact form for FUN Perks here. You could also ask at the FUN Perks information booth at the front of the park.

Does anyone know if FunPerks will carry through Haunt or will they expire on Labor Day Weekend? Thank you. That is all.

You can contact the park and ask, but the FAQ on the FunPerks site states

All rewards must be redeemed by the end of the 2012 operating season (October 28). Rewards will not carry over to 2013.

Here's the link: http://www.visitkingsisland.com/fun-perks-tips-help

Interesting. My previous perks at level 2 did not include $10 off a pass for next year. Today they now have that as an option...

As you progress through the level, the list of rewards available to you at that level expands at the same time that you get a second choice at that level. The $10 off season pass is one of those that does not show up until then.

If they still have the $69.99 renewal next year, would I be able to use the $20 off with that? A $49.99 pass would be pretty cool!

Like the 50% off admission, I am sure the discount will only apply to the "regular" price.

Here's hoping it's not though!

If they still have the $69.99 renewal next year, would I be able to use the $20 off with that? A $49.99 pass would be pretty cool!

Like the 50% off admission, I am sure the discount will only apply to the "regular" price.

Here's hoping it's not though!

I got my 2012 pass for $49.99.

As for 2013, if it is a $69.99 renewal, with a $20 buyout day discount and a $20 Funperks discount - my new target price for 2013 would be $29.99

Yeah, not thinking it'll happen.

I imagine if you renew, your account will carry over. If you get a new pass, you would probably have to renew.

The only people who have the true answer to that question is the park.

That was a good question! I thought about it the other day, then thought of the reason above.

I imagine if you renew, your account will carry over. If you get a new pass, you would probably have to renew.

The only people who have the true answer to that question is the park.

That was a good question! I thought about it the other day, then thought of the reason above.

While I'm pretty sure our individual accounts will cary over, wether or not the earning and rewards part of it does, the park has a lot of potential to improve on the system next year. So I feel that it will work well next year wether we do or do not get to keep out star status.

This time, I know for certain something about FUN Perks! ;) The rewards do not carry over. On the current FUN Perks offer redemption tickets, they say, and I quote: "Certificate valid ONLY during the 2012 Kings Island park season."

Well that was easy to figure out haha! Thanks

I feel certain that FUN Perks will be around next year. I know I've made an effort to buy a ton of merchandise for my benefit as well as the park's. If I am not mistaken, we have seen a revenue increase this year from FUN, and I do not doubt FUN Perks was a contributing factor.

I would expect to see it rolled out to a few other selective parks next year.

But I do see it from your perspective, The Interpreter. Anything's possible, I suppose (well, maybe not stapling liquid water to a tree).

Fun Perks is a test program.

It may or may not exist next year. Even if the park says today that it will, that is subject to change. Decisions change, plans change, tests succeed, or don't.

They seem pretty confiden in the program. They heavily advertise it throughout the park with banners, signs, and a small building dedicated JUST for the program. I think they plan on keeping it around for a while. And on a side note, does anyone else laugh every time you see that crazy girl on the signs?!

• 2 weeks later...

If it is rolled out to more parks, as seems likely, I would imagine that perks and levels will be separate for each park. (i.e. a visit to Cedar Point probably isn't going to help you level up at Kings Island)

Each park has its own prices, potential "perks", guest spending habits, season pass visit frequency, etc.

• Like 1