Soak City July 21 2012 "Chair Wars 2012"

BB1

Today I went to the Soak City. We got there at the GP opening of SC, and got our chairs. First was the Rendezvous Run, which had no wait, and the water was cooler, making the ride very enjoyable. Second was the Thunder Falls, we rode it a couple of times, having no line all the times we rode it. After we went to the Zoom Flume, which had a line, but it was smaller than usual. After we rode Paradise Run, and the Splash River, both having a short line, but was worth the wait. So after we go to the Breakers Bay where we stayed for about 30 minutes. After we went to the Splash River again, which there a group of foreigners were told to not cut, but cut anyways, which they must know english to even get a ticket, which brung outroar of the crowd, but no stopping the rule breakers. We went around about 2 times. We returned to our chairs, to find that many wanted the chairs we had, with only a friend to keep them away she told us about many people trying to grab our chairs. 3 People tried, this just disgusts me, why would you go for a chair thats taken? Are you that much of a low life? Anyways back to the TR, we went out for lunch at the neighborhood Mcalisters, then returned to the waterpark. We went out and went to the Breakers Bay once. We then left after that, now with my incidents I must ask, 1. What incidents have you had with chairs? 2. Whats your worst incident with line cutters? Like always thanks for reading, BB1.

Today I went to the Soak City. We got there at the GP opening of SC, and got our chairs. First was the Rendezvous Run, which had no wait, and the water was cooler, making the ride very enjoyable. Second was the Thunder Falls, we rode it a couple of times, having no line all the times we rode it. After we went to the Zoom Flume, which had a line, but it was smaller than usual. After we rode Paradise Run, and the Splash River, both having a short line, but was worth the wait. So after we go to the Breakers Bay where we stayed for about 30 minutes. After we went to the Splash River again, which there a group of foreigners were told to not cut, but cut anyways, which they must know english to even get a ticket, which brung outroar of the crowd, but no stopping the rule breakers. We went around about 2 times. We returned to our chairs, to find that many wanted the chairs we had, with only a friend to keep them away she told us about many people trying to grab our chairs. 3 People tried, this just disgusts me, why would you go for a chair thats taken? Are you that much of a low life? Anyways back to the TR, we went out for lunch at the neighborhood Mcalisters, then returned to the waterpark. We went out and went to the Breakers Bay once. We then left after that, now with my incidents I must ask, 1. What incidents have you had with chairs? 2. Whats your worst incident with line cutters? Like always thanks for reading, BB1.

I have gone as far as calling the park police to either stop line jumpers or see about having them kicked out of the park. I know at the old Geauga Lake ride side, i seen a line jumper think it was ok to run on the bars that keep the lines at bay so he can get to the ride station faster. I seen no line other then at the station, but he got kicked out because me and a bunch of other people were going up to the station. What made it worse was after he was caught doing that by the superviser, he tried to lie about it. The guy could of got hurt or hurt someone else.

I think if you are going to put a towel on a chair to reserve it at the wave pool, then enjoy the wave pool and afterwards, come back to enjoy the sun and do it again. But to just put a towel on it and go off at the water park and ride the water slides is also not right. On these very hot days, I want to be enjoying the water at the wave pool and keeping myself cooled off rather than waiting in lines to ride a 10 second water slide. I will enjoy the water slides, then go to the wave pool and put my towel on an available chair. With large crowds, how will you feel if you wanted a chair but only found empty chairs with towels on them that were not being sat in for a long while? If you want a chair, then sit in them and enjoy the water in the wave pool and then return to them.

As far as I am concerned, if I put my belongings on a chair, that means "hands off." If you want a chair, then get to the water park early as I do. That being said, I have to agree that it is ridiculous for families with kids to reserve a bunch a chairs that their kids won't sit in any way.

Absolutely, if we go as a family, we "reserve" only 1 or 2 chairs with towels. Nothing more frustrating than the bank of 10 chairs that hold towels only all but 10 minutes of a day.

It would be nice to have a better system, because there are more than enough chairs for the number of people using them at any given point in time, but I sure as heck can't seem to come up with one.

Absolutely, if we go as a family, we "reserve" only 1 or 2 chairs with towels. Nothing more frustrating than the bank of 10 chairs that hold towels only all but 10 minutes of a day.

It would be nice to have a better system, because there are more than enough chairs for the number of people using them at any given point in time, but I sure as heck can't seem to come up with one.

When we go to a water park we reserve 2 chairs for the 4 of us. It works out better. Because if someone sees just a towel on 6 chairs in a row 99% sure someone is going to move it. I have never had a incedint with chairs. But I hate how people reserve 1 chair per family member. If they put more chairs out, then people will reserve more chairs. It is not an easy situation.

Oh so let me get this straight....

You were off enjoying all these water slides while your towel soaked up some sun with your 1 friend guarding 3-5 chairs that just have a towel on them?

BB1, you're very lucky that anyone wanting those chairs didn't get a park attendant. In fact I'll tell you a little story.

Once at KI, Me and 5 of my friends were at the SC(making a grand total of 6 of us) We like to lay out and enjoy the nice Ohio weather and then we go into the wavepool for less than 10mins and come back and layout again(some of us would go in pairs some solo, just when ever we would get too hot, so most of the time 3-4 of us were at our chair section)

Well we get to the park and oh looky here there are 8 chairs with 8 towels on them, but *gasp* only one person in one chair!

Theres a golden rule that must be followed "towels on chairs don't reserve them, people do"

So I ask this lady if she knew who all these towels belong too, of course it belongs to her family that 2 of them are riding whitewater canyon and the rest are in line for slides. I ask her if she minds giving up 2 chairs. Well as you know the 2 people on WWC need them so badly for when they get back.

Me and my friends went into the wavepool, decided to watch the chairs(i guess at this point we could of found 6 chairs but i like to stand up to bullies and selfish people) we gave it a time limit of 30mins. 30mins go by and *gasp* no one has even came back to fill these chairs up. What happens? we take 6 of them and fold up the towels and put them on the remaining chairs. Now this lady throws a fit. Park attendant comes over, I explain the story. Park attendant ask where the remaining family is....Well the lady trys calling the 2 that are allegedly riding WWC. No answer. She then tells the park attendant (and by now security) that the others will be back soon. Well 15mins pass by and man what do you know, family still no where in sight. We can keep the chairs! So the lady huffs and puffs but eventually quiets down. Family comes back(45mins later) asking where are the chairs? Well lets just say we got a nice tan and a family got kicked out of the park that day.

Hope you enjoyed my story. Don't put towels on chairs if you don't plan on being there for more than 15 minutes.

• Like 2

When I see a person holding several chairs for people that are off riding water slides or rides in the dry park, that is just like someone holding a place in line while waiting to ride Diamondback, which is against the rules. If you want a chair, then stay in the wave pool area where the chairs are located at and not out riding water slides. If you want to hold a chair or chairs while riding the water slides, then rent a cabana for the day for the family. Then you can come and go as you please. When I go to enjoy the wave pool, I might stay in it for 2 or 3 hours at the most and then leave and not the entire day. That is how long I need a chair for. But if I go on water slides, then I put my stuff in a locker where I do not have to worry about my towel. I leave all my valuables either in my car or put in a locker. I do not carry hardly anything that I do not need. I just put my work ID, credit card, license, some cash into a water proof plastic case that I wear around my neck or in my trunk's pocket. I only carry that along with my towel. But like I said, to hold a bunch of chairs while the rest are off riding the rides is paramount to holding a person's place in line.