Kings Island July 21 2012

TheBEASTunchained

I went to Kings Island yesterday, without turning on the radio to check the traffic accidents. But as I approached the "Kings Automall" sign, Lots and Lots of brake lights were coming on and we were stuck in traffic because of a Bad wreck, So we took the exit and decided to take the Columbia Rd. route. We ended up making it to KI at 12:00 instead of 10:30. We still stayed positive and made our way to the gates.

Our first ride was Firehawk, and the wait time said 60 minutes. Little did we know, we would be in line for 2 1/2 hours but when we actually got through all the que's and were about to get buckled into the yellow train, The red train got stuck at the top of the hill and the ride-op's started to panic. They were frantically running around, one went dashing out of the x-base and I don't know where he went? But a few were making calls to management and mechanics. Some of the ride attendants walked up the side and were talking to the passengers on Firehawk. The mechanic quickly rushed behind Firehawk and started fixing and taking things apart. Meanwhile, KI management was making there way to the loading platform to await the Red train riders when they came down. 24 cups of cold water were sitting at the platform for the sun-burned guests to drink. Then they were all given little red cards? We finally got to ride Firehawk after all that and it was as good as I expected. 8.9/10

Next we headed to the Longest wooden roller coaster on the planet, The Beast. The wait was about 2 hours, and we kept getting cut off by the Fast Laner's and couldn't ride for even longer because of them. When we did get on, It earned its spot to me again as the Best wooden roller coaster ever built. 105/100

Delirium was still down, and there was men on top of it fixing it, I guess and there was a large crane (for construction, not a bird) sitting next to the ride. Not sure how long it might be down.

I headed for Viking Fury, but it had a 2 hour wait which is unusually long for its line. So I decided to go up in the Eiffel Tower and get some pictures. There was about 4 people in line for the Eiffel elevator when I walked up, so I got on the next time. We went up and heard the usual thing from the elevator attendant about how old the tower is and how tall and things like that. Once we got off at the top, there was a bunch of kids running and screaming but I was glad to know that they were getting on the next ride down :D. I took my fair share of videos and pictures and got in the line to go down. Then I was approached by an attendant at the top whom was questioning my shoes. He liked them and wanted to know where I had got them from. So we had a long conversation because the elevator was acting strange at the bottom. He said he has been working at the park for 5 years and this is his sixth year. I decided to ask him a question about Son of Beast. I'm not sure how reliable he was but I asked him "Will Son of Beast ever reopen?" and he said "I'm not sure whats going to happen with it but I can tell you that an announcement will be made about the plans for the ride at the end of the month." And with that I left the Eiffel Tower, wondering whether I should believe him or not?

Our final ride was Flight Deck and we were ready to leave after that. The wait was about an hour. and we enjoyed the ride. 9/10

Sorry it was such a long post. :)

-TheBEASTunchained

• Like 3

Guest TombraiderTy

Two hour wait for Viking Fury? Wow I never even seen the line that long even on Bring a friend free day.

Doubtful... Even with a full platform and queue house (since only half the queue house is used now, thanks to Fast Lane), Viking Fury can still hold upwards of 50 people each cycle and can easily get all those guests (and then some) on in less than 30 minutes.

• Like 2

You should visit Kings Automall, I heard it shows you what you want. Also the old K'rogers is a toyota, its actually larger than what you would think. So hold on, now there is the elevator guy? He must be going "up" in the rankings to work the ET and get information like that! Thanks for posting!

Or...it was a coincidence.

Just because A says B is going to happen, then B happened, does not necessarily mean A knew B was going to happen. A may have, may have been speculating or even guessing, or could have even been wrong when the statement about B was made, but plans could have changed.

Terp, who has taught logic in the past, but like most of us, can himself be illogical.

Or...it was a coincidence.

Just because A says B is going to happen, then B happened, does not necessarily mean A knew B was going to happen. A may have, may have been speculating or even guessing, or could have even been wrong when the statement about B was made, but plans could have changed.

Terp, who has taught logic in the past, but like most of us, can himself be illogical.

Coincidence? Yes that could be very true terpy.

• Like 1