The Super Dooper Rumor thread

stashua123

Is this the threads for all threads of this concept of this discussion?

Yes

We already have an entire area for that....

Yeah - it seems lately that some posters are trying to create a broad thread for wide ranging topics. It was done by Gordon (and rightly so in my opinion) for SoB because that SBNO coaster has a history on his website of generating many overlapping and hard to moderate discussions.

Since then, we've seen it proposed for Soak City, Rumors, Down Rides, and a couple of individual rides. This, unfortunately reminds me of the TPR super topic approach (where all KI is in one thread) - not the path I'd like to see KIC take.

With a touch or irony, I'd suggest that those of us who aren't moderators (and/or acting in that capacity with the support of the moderators like Gordon) should probably just focus on adding to existing topics or creating a new one if we have a unique enough topic to start and a search doesn't show the same topic already being discussed.

• Like 5

Is this the threads for all threads of this concept of this discussion?

Yes

We already have an entire area for that....

Yeah - it seems lately that some posters are trying to create a broad thread for wide ranging topics. It was done by Gordon (and rightly so in my opinion) for SoB because that SBNO coaster has a history on his website of generating many overlapping and hard to moderate discussions.

Since then, we've seen it proposed for Soak City, Rumors, Down Rides, and a couple of individual rides. This, unfortunately reminds me of the TPR super topic approach (where all KI is in one thread) - not the path I'd like to see KIC take.

With a touch or irony, I'd suggest that those of us who aren't moderators (and/or acting in that capacity with the support of the moderators like Gordon) should probably just focus on adding to existing topics or creating a new one if we have a unique enough topic to start and a search doesn't show the same topic already being discussed.

Finally, I couldn't agree more. I've only been on here a year and a half and it seems this forum has spiraled out of control. Veteran members have left, and expert, all-knowing theme park engineers have came in. They seem to know all the rumors, everything the parks are getting next year and so much more. Most of the threads are not thread-worthy. I love new members joining, don't get me wrong, but they need to learn how to navigate the forum before making new threads that are either reposts or generic blubber.

• Like 9

I rode Dominator at KD and it kicked some serious ass.

Sounds painful. My ride on Dominator or Batman Knight Flight did anything to my behind. :P

Bizarro (SFGAd), Batman (SFNE), Scream, Hydra all seem more or less similar experience to Inverted coasters such as Afterburn or Raptor. This is not a bad thing but nowhere near the thrill I get from Leviathan, Diamondback or Intimidator.

Who know. This may be a launch 4D winged stand up coaster. :rolleyes: