Kings Dominion Trip Report

dudecoasterman

LONG VERSION

Last week my family and my friend Aaron took a relaxing trip to the Outer Banks,North Carolina and on the way home we took a day trip to the beautiful Kings Dominion. Sorry that I don't have pictures, my camera is broken at the moment and I don't have the money to fix it.

We left for the park from our hotel in Richmond around 9:30 and got to the park just in time for opening. As we entered the park the first thing that I noticed was that Kings Dominion has much more mature trees than Kings Island, I also noticed that the royal fountains didn't have the large vase-like structures for the fountains like the fountains at KI do. The first thing that our group did was wander around the park to admire the scenery and rides and I have to say that even on a cloudy and rainy day Kings Dominion makes KI look like a bald old man. At Kings Dominion they have lots of large trees, bushes, and landscape designs and KI they have concrete paths, dead grass, and a few large landscaped areas but it is very lacking in comparison. After we walked around and admired the park we decided to head over to the Congo section of the park and rode The Crypt which was amazing. I loved the effects, scenery, and the ride cycle. 8/10. Next, we hopped into the line of the legendary Volcano:The Blast Coaster and waited for about 10 minutes, my mom and I rode in the 3rd row and had no idea what to expect, we were both blown away by both the ride it's self and the way it interacts with the mountain scenery. 9.5/10. Then the group noticed that Anaconda was walk-on so we headed for that, Aaron and I rode in the front seat and had a blast, but I still like Vortex better. 6/10. After Anaconda we all headed for Shockwave(an ALMOST clone of King Cobra). We all waited for about 15-20 minutes and spent almost that long loading the train because of some technical issues but the problem was solved and we all got to ride what I thought was the roughest ride in the park. 5/10. When we were done with that our group decided to split up so Aaron and I could go at our own pace. With the group split up Aaron and I headed over to FoF and while it has the same layout as KI's it isn't even close to being as smooth.6/10. After that, we headed to my new all time favorite roller coaster INTIMIDATOR 305 we waited for about 5 minutes, the ride has insane airtime, insane banking and it is very intense and well paced.15/10. We rode it 1 more time before heading to KD's version of Flying Eagles and I finally figured out why so many people miss KI's. 9/10. Next, we rode Grizzly twice in the front seat and loved it. 8/10. We got off of Grizzly and headed toward Hurler and stopped at WindSeeker on the way. The views on WindSeeker are amazing and we got to see Intimidator running in the clouds. 7/10. As I said we were heading for Hurler and we rode it in the front seat, it was TERRIBLE, the ride was rough, had very little airtime and I hated the pacing. 4/10. We got off of that ride very disappointed and headed for Rebel Yell(KD's version of The Racer) it was very smooth and jam packed with airtime. 8/10. When we were done with the wooden coasters we met up with my parents and headed to Trail's End Grill in the Congo section of the park and I was very impressed with the food. I would rate the food 7/10. When we finished we headed to Backlot Stunt Coaster and walked on to that, it was pretty much the same as KI's but this one was a thematic disaster. 5/10. Our next ride was a re-visit to Volcano and my friend and I rode in the front seat and the ride was even better. 10/10. Then when we got off of Volcano we headed over to Avalanche which had finally open and we rode that. 6/10. The next thing that we did was head over to INTIMIDATOR 305 and we marathoned on that for 7 times, all of them were amazing. 105/70. Our next stop was Berserker because Dominator was closed all day :(. It was forceless and painful. 2/10. Then our aching bodies headed over to INTIMIDATOR 305 so my mom could ride it and so we could get more than 10 rides in on the best coaster in the park(and the world). 15/10. Before we left Aaron and I went up in the Eiffel Tower to see the views. 7/10. Around 8 we left the park and drove back to the hotel after a very good day at Kings Dominion. 10/10 for the day.

ADHD/SHORT VERSION

Good day at Kings Dominion, Rode most of the rides. INTIMIDATOR 305 is my new favorite,15/10.

• Like 3