Kings Island or Kings Dominion?

TheBEASTunchained

Hmmm...... I would say a tie if SOB was open, but I have to give it to KD because of Intimidator 305. Two very nice parks. The number 2, 3, or 4 parks in the Cedar Fair chain, depending of how you rate Canada's Wonderland, which I have yet to visit. Overall you can't go wrong with either.

Scenery- KD

Rides- KD

Park layout- KI

Themed areas- KI

Food- KI

Water park- KI

Kids area- KD

Kings Dominion has some kick ass foliage, architecture (both go in scenery), along with their rides and coasters. Kings Island easily has the best park layout and themed area flow, along with food. Soak City is much better than Water Works, and the kids area stuff at Kings Dominion looks a lot more family friendly.

I've been to both parks, and overall I would say they tie. They both have things that the other doesn't, and some things in common. In a sense of trip planning for a thrill seeker, I would choose KD over KI. Though if you want more family oriented stuff (quanity over ambience) go to Kings Island.

Well, let's see...

KD holds a special place in my heart. It was the place I took my first coaster ride - on the Scooby Doo.

KI holds a special place in my heart. It was the place that generated my fascination with parks and coasters.

I have a deeper connection to KI because of the vast amount of time I have spent there. I still get "THE" feeling when I walk in.

I have an eternal connection to KD because I visited the park in it's infantile days and I experienced all the original rides and attractions firsthand.

When measured up, I think KD has the edge on a rides package, but KI has the edge on feel and layout.

HOWEVER...

KD lost MAJOR brownie points when they removed the train for Waynes World - the largest mis-step in the parks history IMO.

KI lost MAJOR brownie points when they removed the Antiques and Eagles for IJST - the largest mis-step in the parks history IMO.

KI was the original - but KD was built on the lessons learned from KI.

In conclusion, I have to tip my hat to Canada's Wonderland as the winner. That park has chugged on and on for years like the little engine that could to become the star in the chain. Wonderland was built on the lessons learned from BOTH KI and KD and it combines the best features from both parks. It is, quite frankly, a far superior park to either KI or KD. And it pains me to say that ;-)

• Like 3

Why does it matter if he has been or not? He was just asking a question to start conversation about the two original Taft parks.

Zach all I was doing was asking him has he been to KD I see no harm in asking if someone if they been to a park :) and to answer your question The Beast unchained park wise I choose KD but operations wise KI!!!

Kings Dominion has more rides that suit my likes (KI has NOTHING remotely comparable to I305), they got the GOOD coaster from GL (that should still be there) in the Dominator vs Firehawk battle, my personal thought is that KD has better Guest Relations and general employee attitude (granted, this was last year pre-Ouimet, and Ive heard rave reviews about the employees at KI this year), and the general look of KD is leaps and bounds above the appearance of KI, due to the more wooded nature of KD. Given the choice, I would personally far prefer to live 2 hours from KD than from KI like I do now.

• Like 2

I would defend Kings Island by saying we have Flight of Fear; but oh wait...

Then I would say we have Diamondback...oh wait...

Lastly I would say we have had a really great themed Giant Top Spin! Oh wait...

I haven't even been to Kings Dominion but it looks better!

Yes, I thought about Volcano after I posted, that is a great ride! I understand that was likely a play on words on your part, but the point still stands that its a great ride IMHO.

In regards to the "If it was still there, it wouldnt operate" comment.... wisely dont get me started on GL.

Kings Island. Because

we have Flight of Fear; but oh wait...

Then I would say we have Diamondback...oh wait...

Lastly I would say we had a really great themed Giant Top Spin! wonderful Crypt! Oh wait...

Fixed. :)

Oh..yeah...that's what I meant to say...hehe...

• Like 1