The Crypt being demolished?

XjoshhyX

Guest KingsIslandPR

As we've previously stated, the Crypt building will be used for a new Haunt experience for this year and beyond.

• Like 17

Agreed. But if they dont keep adding on to the haunt it may "lose its spark" for some/most of the guests. And that wouldnt be good for their profits. I bet we're more excited about KI than some of the people who actually manage KI who are all in for the profits. :(

Is it weird that, all things considered, I'm kind of okay with this use of it? The only part I'm not wowed by is the fact that it's standing there, useless, for the first 4/5ths of the season, but at least they see some portion of the potential that ride had as The Crypt.

I do find myself missing 2011's Crypt from time to time, particularly due to the clever use of the Inception score, but what it was was a joke compared to Tomb Raider. Combined with its HUSSiness*, I can't say I blame them at this point for removing the top spin. Considering the point during the off-season at which they decided and/or announced the removal, I think their only options were this or creating the most plain, uninteresting grassy area in the park. Between keeping what's there and further stripping Rivertown of any type of charm, I think I'd rather they kept the building. Add in the price of removal, and I'd probably have made the same decision if I was in charge.

Hauntwise, I'm still stoked to find out what they're going to do with it--particularly with the ride chamber. It'd never happen, but a (seemingly) rickety bridge stretching from one side of the chamber to the other could be fun. One of the best Haunt thrills I've had was having to cross the first bridge on Tombstone Terror-tory after seeing this ominous figure back into the cloud of fog and completely disappear upon our approach. (As I was unwillingly made the group leader by the pack of chickens I got paired up with, we all had a little chat afterwards. :lol: )

Realistically, I don't have my hopes up that the Crypt Haunt will enter the ride chamber. I'm more expecting them to use the current outside queue as the queue and divide into groups at the building entrance. I predict that the house will run the length of the former inside queue until the preshow room, where it will turn right into the employee backroom and exit out the old "Rendezvous Point." Perhaps it will continue down the exit path, but with all the noise of Diamondback overhead, I'm not so sure. (I'd love it if they did use the ride chamber, but I just don't know how they'd do it.)

*Friendly reminder so it doesn't sound like I'm calling the ride an impudent female: HUSS is pronounced "hoos." :P

Guest KingsIslandPR

Yes a haunt, but could be turned into a Dark ride maybe????

The building will be used for a Haunt experience this year and beyond.

• Like 1

I agree that it will be a Haunt attraction buy I disagree that's it's going to last more than 1 season. They're not just going to have a big haunted attraction there during the regular season. It would kinda be the same situation as sob except they would have the option to take down the building. They wouldn't be able to remove the crypt area from the park map like sob.

I actually really like the idea, the building may not be used during the whole season (as far as we know), but I think a haunt attraction would be a great use of the building in fall. And to be honest I don't really care what the building looks like there, I think it's fine.

I agree that it will be a Haunt attraction buy I disagree that's it's going to last more than 1 season. They're not just going to have a big haunted attraction there during the regular season. It would kinda be the same situation as sob except they would have the option to take down the building. They wouldn't be able to remove the crypt area from the park map like sob.

Thanks for making me laugh,i needed it!

Dude you are disagreeing with the KI official spokesperson about what KI plans to do with an area of KI.

Do you also disagree with what flavor Graeters ice cream offers each month?

• Like 2

^^ What has the park deceived you about since 2009?

A better question would be "What has Cedar Fair deceived you about since they denied that they were closing Geauga Lake?"

--Beatle, who enjoys the advertised "unlimited entry" to Halloween Haunt as long as he limits his entries to one per day....

• Like 1