Coming in 2013: The Beach at Adventure Landing

Good news for fans of The Beach...

http://www.fox19.com/story/19111547/company-to-lease-the-beach-in-2013

MASON, OH (FOX19) -

The Beach today announced it has identified an operator for the park.

The Beach will be operated by Adventure Holdings LLC, the parent company of Adventure Landing.

A bit more info is at the link above. Will be interesting to see where things go from here.

• Like 5

Official press release from The Beach's website:

The Beach Announces Operator

Season passes to be honored during 2013 season

MASON, Ohio, July 25, 2012 – The Beach today announced it has identified an operator for the park. Parties have signed a lease with an option to purchase. The operator expects to make a significant investment in the park to open for the 2013 season. 2012 season passes to the park will be honored in the 2013 season.

“As a past employee and new General Manager of The Beach, I am excited to welcome Adventure Holdings LLC to the Greater Cincinnati area,” said Ralph Vilardo Jr. “The Beach has provided the community with years of entertainment and memories and I am proud to see its legacy continue.”

The Beach will be operated by Adventure Holdings LLC, the parent company of Adventure Landing. Adventure Holdings LLC operates a group of 17 family entertainment centers located in Florida, Kansas, Missouri, New York, North Carolina, Ohio and Texas. Hank Woodburn, the founder and president of Adventure Landing, plans to rename the park The Beach at Adventure Landing.

“Today is a major milestone in the Adventure Holdings LLC story,” said Woodburn. “I look forward to welcoming back the dedicated supporters of The Beach in 2013 and hope they enjoy the upgrades and enhancements we plan to make to the park.”

This year’s season pass holders will be contacted by the new operator with details regarding season pass redemption prior to the opening of the 2013 season. In the meantime, pass holders can visit www.adventurelanding.com for ongoing announcements and updates.

About The Beach Waterpark

The Beach Waterpark opened in 1985 and is situated on 35 acres in Mason, Ohio, near Cincinnati and Dayton, Ohio. A tropical themed park, The Beach Waterpark offered more than 50 rides and attractions to visitors.

About Adventure Landing

Adventure Landing and NRP Holdings is headquartered in Jacksonville Beach and consists of seventeen family entertainment centers around the country. The entertainment parks offer a combination of family fun attractions including waterpark, video games, go-karts, laser tag, miniature golf courses, batting cages, birthday parties, corporate team building and group events.

Visit Adventure Landing’s website for more details, www.adventurelanding.com.

Consumer questions or concerns may be directed to thebeachwaterpark@northlich.com.

• Like 2

Well that blows the new BB at the Beach waterpark idea out of the water <_< .(Pun intended) On another note this is a great thing to hear! I may go back to the Beach if its any better than it was last year!

This is the same company that operates the Magic Mountain Fun Centers in Columbus, if any of you are famiiar with them. I only know about them because there's one that sits right along 71 that I drive by when ever I'm heading up to NE Ohio.

http://www.adventure...er-fun-centers/

Good luck to them!

That's very cool! I used to go to Magic Mountain all the time!

Its long term financial success depends on the attendance, what type of deals it might had made with the former creditors, especially Cincinnati Water Works, the line of credit it had arranged with the banks and how much are the investors are willing to spend in the long term among other things. As far as new attractions it will depend on the attendance figures and what it profit and loss statement looks like. It should try to market it self different than in the past and not try to compete directly with Kings Island, that has far more resources than it does. It will be interesting to see just how it markets itself in the coming months.

Yep. Still, money must be expended, so I'll be curious to see what kind of investments the new owners plan to make, but a rising tide lifts all ships!

Looking more into this, I'm actually quite a bit skeptical. Maybe it's not totally comparable to the Bluegrass Boardwalk situation, but some recent posts have made me see why you made that comparison.

Maybe I missed something, but where did management state they would add four water slides and a new wave pool? That seems awfully lofty of an investment for a company on contract to operate for one year with an option to buy. Not to mention, with negotiating this deal where would they have found the time to draw up plans for this expansion?

Anyone remember when Bluegrass Boardwalk kept dropping hints of opening the entire park and then their "experts" came in and "evaluated" and things were scaled way back?

Not saying these new folks would scale back or face the same exact challenges, but that's pretty lofty goal to start preaching.

Here's to hoping it all works out though, The Beach can really attract a demographic KI misses out on and can do just fine right next door.

Also, did anyone else notice the "new" manager is also the "former" manager?

I just heard the 4 slides and wave pool on News 5 tonight. Perhaps they were just making it up? I'm not sure!

Oh, no, I'm not doubting you, just didn't know if there was an article I missed or one I read over too quickly. It wouldn't surprise at all if they made some kind of promise like that. For all I know, maybe that's their plan. If I've learned anything in the past ten years it's that press releases (whether in the amusement industry or otherwise) should always be taken with a grain of salt.

Regardless, I'm hopeful that they prevail in reopening it. I'd hate to see it become another Surf Cincinnati (not that I didn't enjoy Surf Cincinnati after it closed):

surf_0002.jpg

The video accompanying the story on Channel 5's website does include the general manager of the park saying that they're going to make the improvements others have mentioned here.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/local-news/news-warren-county/Beach-Waterpark-to-reopen-under-new-name-management/-/13602148/15701846/-/10ahqbu/-/index.html

Over a million dollars in improvements, 4 new slides, a new kids' area and a new wave pool. Seems really ambitious to me, but, knowing The Beach, this could simply mean an overhaul of some key attractions with new names (like what they did with the previous "new" kids area recently).

Miracles do happen, great for the Capitol of Ohio fun. http://www.adventurelanding.com/ I just hope the upgrades are great, if I was KI I would be worried a bit, as its a real national operator , that is a water park operator. This is great news, for the Mason, Ohio, and tristate area.

I don't think they would be too worried, Cedar Fair is also a real national operator, and they operate quite a few waterparks. If this plan does come to fruition I could see it being good competition for both waterparks leading to improvements for both. Of course, Boomerang Bay coasted by with no improvements from 2004-2011 and did fine so we will see.