question about king cobra

jesusfreak

yea.. i still think they could've had some parts made by someone else but in truth the ride was old and pretty ghetto looking. PKI just didn't wanna turn into SFKK i guess. though without KC gone we wouldn't have Delirium!!! i mean i miss KC but hopefully it'll find a new home that can love it as much as PKI did (and give it new trains!)

All that and the fact that the ridership was much lower than in its prime. It was just time for it to go.

I don't remember ridership being low on King Cobra, even during the last season "2001". And the arugment about not being able to get parts doesn't make any since to me either. Keep in mind, they are still 2 other TOGO stand up's still in operation at 2 other Paramount Parks. Skyrider at Canada's Wonderland opened just 1 year after Cobra, in 1985. You also have Shockwave which opened at Kings Dominion in 1986. So if parts were hard to come by, why are these 2 still in operation?

King Cobra was removed for two reasons. One was because of its shelf life was over. Second, it was not up to the quality standards that Paramount wanted to make the Action Zone to be. Remember when you first walk into Adventure Villege and you look to the right and there was a big ugly fence that whenever KC went through the helix was loud as hell? Well thats not good.

So now in the Action Zone, you look right you see a Huss Giant Frisbee with people screaming nearly upsided down, intead of a big ugly fence.

All that and the fact that the ridership was much lower than in its prime. It was just time for it to go.

I don't remember ridership being low on King Cobra, even during the last season "2001". And the arugment about not being able to get parts doesn't make any since to me either. Keep in mind, they are still 2 other TOGO stand up's still in operation at 2 other Paramount Parks. Skyrider at Canada's Wonderland opened just 1 year after Cobra, in 1985. You also have Shockwave which opened at Kings Dominion in 1986. So if parts were hard to come by, why are these 2 still in operation?

Where do you think there getting the parts from laugh.gif .

King Cobra was the prototype and the others are production models. Things may have changed greatly between KC and the others. Parts for KC may have been used that are not used on the others.

Wrong. The fence was wooden. Now whats the problem with that you ask? Well you can't see through it. People like to see whats going on. It gets them excited to ride the ride.

Look at FACE/OFF. The que line weaves in and out of the track above it. Why? It is because that design is the way to get people most excited for it. Seeing others above them freaking out and screaming. Now the wooden fence was there to protect people on the midway from crap falling off of people in the tight helix.

I'll step off my soapbox.

Wrong. The fence was wooden. Now whats the problem with that you ask? Well you can't see through it. People like to see whats going on. It gets them excited to ride the ride.

Look at FACE/OFF. The que line weaves in and out of the track above it. Why? It is because that design is the way to get people most excited for it. Seeing others above them freaking out and screaming. Now the wooden fence was there to protect people on the midway from crap falling off of people in the tight helix.

I'll step off my soapbox.

Yes the fence was wooden at one time, all around Cobra. But in '99 when the Action Zone opened, the fence was replaced with a chain link fence. Just like all the other chain link fences in Action Zone. The black and red ones.

It was named king cobra it didnt fit the new Action Zone themeing at all. It was falling apart costing lots of money to run. Making the park looking bad because of all the many repairs. etc Would you rather have a cheap ride that looks hundred times better, fits the themeing, is open a whole lot or something that is just going to get worse and worse.

well they could've renamed it. and um..the reason F/O's queue is that way is because you pretty much have to either enter or exit while walking under the track. there's not many other ways to do it wink.gif . and i remember KC's fence being metal when i rode it. and like i said above, the fence could've always been changed had it still been wooden.

ok so we know they COULD'VE fixed the ride up if they wanted but PKI decided to give us Delirium instead which is fine.

Either way its a lose and a gain in my opinion. If KC was still here we wouldn't have Delerium which is an awesome ride. Or we lose a great ride in KC and put in another great ride in Delerium. You win some you lose some life goes on

Keep in mind, they are still 2 other TOGO stand up's still in operation at 2 other Paramount Parks. Skyrider at Canada's Wonderland opened just 1 year after Cobra, in 1985. You also have Shockwave which opened at Kings Dominion in 1986. So if parts were hard to come by, why are these 2 still in operation?

Who knows? You may see both torn down in a couple of years. It was that the parts are too expensive (not really sure if they were hard to get). The cost was just not justified in their minds. Once a certain style of coaster fades away, then after a while, the manufacturers quit making parts for them any more. Look at really old wooden coasters. Many have the old hand brake style to them. Like the one at Astroland in New York called the Cyclone. I saw a special on this park on tv and they were explaining how they have to have custom parts made to maintain the ride.

Either way its a lose and a gain in my opinion. If KC was still here we wouldn't have Delerium which is an awesome ride. Or we lose a great ride in KC and put in another great ride in Delerium.

They may have bought Delirium anyway without removing Kobra and just placed it somewhere else. You can't say definitively that without the removal of KC, PKI would not have installed Delirium.