PKI's only "new" ride for 2004 closing

teenageninja

This is so stupid, the only good movie they've had since the ride has ever been there they take out. I know that all the management at Kings Island reads these posts and i must say that that is a really bad move. Secreats of the lost temple, Smash Factory, heck even Meteor attack at least stayed till the end of the summer.

I doubt it will be replaced by anything. But even though this is sad news, I can kinda see why. When I was in the park on June 5th no one was riding it. So they see it as a waste of employees to operate it if no one is wanting to ride it. Think of how much money the park will save from payroll, and from not running the ride. But this is sad news. We could all send PKI an e-mail and letting them know we are disapointed that it's closed.

Yea PKI did such a great job advertising the ride. Even if it is old they could have advertised it in some way instead of having it back in a corner. Did they try? I haven't been to the park since and was wondering. How can they close something they've never tried to promote to get the ridership?

I still think we should all complain about this. PKI did no promotion of this at all. The only way people actually knew if Days of Thunder was back if they actually went to Action Theater. Why didn't PKI promote this. I think if they promoted this, more people who have rode it.

I was at PKI the first week of June and I was hoping to ride Days of Thunder. To my surprise it was closed.. so I went to Carowinds the next week to ride it & they had it running. I got to ride it once and hardly anyone was riding it there either! So if they took it out of PKI they probably took it out of Carowinds as well & perhaps other Paramount Parks that had it. I really liked Days of Thunder! It was the only reason I made the special trek to Action Theater... otherwise I skip it because I don't care much for it.

This is tragic! I was going to ride Days of Thunder again on my next trip to PKI! mad.gif

Even though I was able to get 3 rides on it, I am sad. I really enjoyed riding it. I say close Spongebob! I hate that movie anyway, and on one day I was there it had as long of a line as DoT! I don't get people who don't see a good ride when it's right in front of them...

Yeah, I went up to PKI the first week of June on Friday, hoping to ride it(I've ridden every FX Theater ride except this one)and to my dissapointment, it was closed. Maybe we can persuade them to let us ride it at Beastbuzz laugh.gif .

I rode DOT a few weeks ago and loved it but when i was waiting in que there were proubly only a dozen or so pepole waiting to ride and the wait for sponge bob was close to a 45 min wait I think they did a poor job of advertizing that it was even back and with no advertizement means no riders Pki brought this one on themselves how many kids now days even know what DOT was I thought it would be around all season expecially with the nascar craze that is going on sorry to see it go