The Beach Waterpark Redesign Thread

The new managers of The Beach Waterpark will want to improve attendance while keeping expenses to a minimum.

According to the following video... "We're going to spend over a million dollars of new improvements. Four new slides, a new kids' area, a new wave pool. So, by the time someone walks back in the park, it will be completely refurbished."

http://www.wlwt.com/news/local-news/news-warren-county/Beach-Waterpark-to-reopen-under-new-name-management/-/13602148/15701846/-/10ahqbu/-/index.html

What do you think of these current plans? What course of action do you believe would be most effective?

I'll give my ideas after others have had their say... (If others, indeed, have anything to say.)

Edit: Left out the video! Fixed.

I just think that Adventure Holdings is getting in over their head. They own FEC's not Waterparks. The one waterpark they have has like 2 slides and a wave pool. Now if they plan to use some of that acreage off water park dr they could build a FEC that would supplement the operating cost. The Mini Golf between Bob's and Skyline failed there so best of luck.

Cedar Fair stepped up and built Soak City and they don't intend to let The Beach get those $$'s back.

I just hope they don't use The Beach opening to make SC a separate gate to get water park only guest.

a mini golf place and a water park isn't exactly an apple's to apple's comparison.

It will be nice for the Beach to get some "new-ness" to it. I'm not sure when the last new attraction added was. My family and I went there last summer and.... it was getting a bit, shall we say, stale. there were some areas of the park that smelled that way too.

I think Adventure Holdings made a "class" move by saying they'd honor the 2012 season passes... i can't help but think that may hurt them significantly financially in the first year though.

Guest TombraiderTy

I think Adventure Holdings made a "class" move by saying they'd honor the 2012 season passes... i can't help but think that may hurt them significantly financially in the first year though.

There were a lot of upset people who purchased 2012 season passes and, had The Beach not honored them for the '13 season, would probably never had returned. It is highly unlikely they'd have purchased passes for next year, but if given them free, they'll hopefully visit and spend on food, merchandise, and the like.

• Like 2

Guest TombraiderTy

If the Soak City expansion was a $10 million investment, I don't expect much from a mere $1 million at The Beach.

It is nearing the end of summer and Watson's should be having their close out sale on in ground pools. Tell them we have $1 Million to spend and we want you to build us a pool that will have huge waves. I am sure Watson's can do it for the dollars they have to spend. As for the huge waves, they can do that on the cheap. Just hire a bunch of super heavy weight wrestlers and have them do belly flops into the pool. That should cause some waves. :)

• Like 1