KI 7-26-12 PTR

ohiocolts

Yes. But music licensing is very different. By paying the proper fees, music can generally be played for commercial use in a public place.

I believe Holiday World plays themes from various Paramount movies.

Provided things are still there, I doubt you will see Durga illuminated because she was part of a former story-line on a ride that doesn't exist anymore. As for everything else, you have to account for safety and egress locations. If they plan on using the main show building, there are certain things to think about. The Heart of the Tomb was not meant to have people walking around in it. It was built to provide the show environment for a large ride. Things have to change in order to accommodate a walk-through Haunt attraction.

As I understand it, the bottom of the warehouse is just a concrete slab. It might have been ripped up when removing the a frame arms from the Giant TopSpin, but new concrete could have been poured.

As far as the goddess, the goddess herself isn't copyrighted, but the prop. Can't they pull a SDatHC and put glowing red LED's over her eyes at least? Or just illuminate the eyes herself.

What I fail to understand is how a Durga is still under protection by the patent when the thing patented no longer exists (the ride). I've never seen Tomb Raider, but does Durga even appear in it? If not, then how can it be tied to the movie?

Kind of related, FUN now owns the rights to Flight of Fear's soundtrack. Does that mean that they own Tomb Raider's? Or was Tomb Raider's soundtrack a packaged deal with the whole shabang of rights? Or possibly, does Tomb Raider's soundtrack(s) abide by the seperate music licensing terms?