Son of Beast roller coaster to be removed

Guest KingsIslandPR

Son of Beast used to be one of my favorites. I knew it would never realistically give another ride, but I'm still sad to see it go.

I wonder if they're going to build something there right away or if it's going to take so long to disassemble that the new expansion begins for the 2014 season.

• Like 1

Glad that they announced the decision. A little surprised it is a generic "future park expansion" that goes along with it instead of something a little more specific - guess I was expecting something along the lines of "exciting new experience in 2014"

i think i'm going to fall over from that surprise.

Honestly. If you didn't expect this you were obviously on another planet with your fingers in your ears, eyes closed, and facing the opposite direction.

It was going to stand until park officials had a plan. Look for another announcement regarding said future expansion... let's start a thread on that!

I wouldn't say just because both parks in Ohio are now owned by Cedar Fair, not to except anything big at KI. KI and CP are in two different markets, and besides KI beats CP in Attendance. I bet we will see the next 300 foot B&M in SOB's spot in 2014.

Who was wrong? MCCARTHYSNERD! Sorry, just had to say it...

I am so happy that there has been a decision. For better or for worse, it had to go, and now it is. Thank you, Don. I'm glad you shared the information with us. I patiently await awaiting plans. :)

Although I am very glad that a desicion was made, I am also somewhat saddened by this news. This was my first "scary" coaster that I rode when I was young. As soon as I got off of it, I knew I could ride just about anything. It's just kind of sentimental to me. And for some reason, I legitimately enjoyed this coaster alot.

But in the other light, I'm also very excited to see something new. Something we can get excited about. I'm ready for Kings Island to get something big.

• Like 2

I think it would be cool if they offered a chance for a last tour of SOB before it is gone for good.

I had not road it since they took the loop out. Actually, my family came to the park the day that they had the huge accident. We had no clue what was going on, we just saw the park ambulance from the water park heading over towards SOB (along with some of the lifeguards who were not needed). We also saw some of the Mason ambulances coming in as well. We got to the park right after it happened (we went to Soak City with the kids and not the main park).

A last chance to get a few photos would be great.

• Like 3