Son of Beast roller coaster to be removed

Guest KingsIslandPR

Wow!!! I'm shocked. On one hand, I'm glad KI is finally going to do something about SBNO. On the other hand, I'm sort of sad as Son of Beast was my first looping roller coaster and was (at one time) one of my favorites. This ride was truly one of a kind, RIP Son of Beast.

• Like 2

But wait, so many claimed they had inside info and that this isn't what was going to happen! To quote the Bosstones: "Where did you go?"

Yes, some did. That is why I had to retract my statements I made. I have learned that lesson of letting the cat out of the bag. I'll just keep my mouth shut for now on. :)

• Like 1

As a long time backer and lobbyist for the reopening and re envisioning of the ride, its a sad day for ne. The Kings Island skyscape will certainly be different without that big wooden structure in the front. As sad as I am to see it go, I am excited to see what the future may hold for the area. There does need to be a plaque or something in that general area that that mentions it though. It was a record breaker and shouldn't just go unknown forever...

• Like 2

^^ (On the post about Flight Deck being hidden by SOB...)

Actually, you could see Flight Deck pretty well with Son of Beast still there. From the parking lot, and the main walkway down to it, and from several other spots in the park...SOB being gone will do little to effect Flight Deck's visibility. I recall very fondly eating lunch in the parking lot (thank you, high food prices) and watching Flight Deck climb its lift and do its first drop...as well as seeing that same sight from next to Thunder Ally (the go-karts). And then, of course you have it clearly visible as you walk down to it...Son of Beast was, in no way, making Flight Deck hard to see.

In fact, some of the best views I ever got of Son of Beast were from the path that leads to Flight Deck- you can see some sections of the ride from there that are not normally visible elsewhere, such as the MCBR and Rose Bowl. I remember watching the trains dropping from the MCBR in 2009 when the ride was closed due to a breakdown, but testing. I never got to ride it, and then it closed...for good.

• Like 1