Son of Beast roller coaster to be removed

Guest KingsIslandPR

This employee said there going to put a giga coaster in its place. When i asked if they would put a woodie there he said"Wooden rollercoasters are out of style". He said there going to start demolishing it in a week. I talked to an effiel tower employee and she said it was really hard to expand the park with SOB in the way.

this is just annoying. i loved SOB. people are just sissies & can't handle it.

RIP to the BEST roller coaster Kings Island ever had. it will be greatly missed.

Yet, if Firehawk was being torn down, you'd be all for it.

Everything is a matter of opinion, and in this case, facts.

• Like 1

I haven't even been to the park in 2 years and I can tell you this (after talking with my neighbor who hasn't been there in 6 years).....

They are gonna start removing SOB any day now and something will be going in it's place - even if it's just a lawn with a pond. My neighbor claimed that all of the people who take your picture when you first enter the park were asked to get opinions and ideas for what could be done to the land after the ride's removal, as Cedar Fair wants patrons input and will do what the majority wants - however - they're still asking the visitors, so there's no firm answer yet.

I tend to lean towards the photographer's knowledge more than the Eiffel Tower, Starbucks, Chick-fil-A, and Dippin' Dots workers all combined (especially on a Saturday!). Don't know why, but I do.

• Like 1

I"m all for saying goodbye to Firehawk and having B&M build a better flyer.

B & M's flyers are all very cookie-cutterish. Oh yeah. Twist. Turn. Helixy thing. Ope! Here comes the pretzel loop you find on every single B & M flyer! Woo! Brake Run!

And Vekoma flying coasters aren't either?

• Like 3

B & M's flyers are all very cookie-cutterish. Oh yeah. Twist. Turn. Helixy thing. Ope! Here comes the pretzel loop you find on every single B & M flyer! Woo! Brake Run!

Um Vekom Flying Duthchmans really are'nt cookie cutters only 3 are operating in the world while there like 20 b&m flyers

Let us see here... 8 B & M flyers which offer similar experiences vs 3 Vekoma Flying Dutchmans which offer similar experiences... Statistically, I'd want to stick with the Vekoma because to me, they are more thrilling with abrupt turns, crazy loops, and high speeds. Why would I want a flyer with elegant swoops over grass, gradual increase in speed, and non-interesting elements (maybe save for the pretzel loop, but that's being generous)?

The Vekoma Flying Dutchman sounds more appetizing to me.

EDIT: Stash, I don't understand what you're saying...

Um they really arnet cookie cutters only 3 are operating in the world while there like 20 b&m flyers

Also, not all B&M flyers are the same thing. In fact, most of them are different. Vekomas are EXACT replicas of each other.

Now I wouldn't say exact, 'cause Nighthawk at Carowinds has corkscrews instead of barrel rolls at the end! ;)

But all B & M flying coasters have pretzel loops. All B & M flyers have a curved drop. All flyers have in-line twists, etc.

Do ALL B&M Fliers have a splashdown?

Fake or not I'll take that splashdown over Diamondback's any day of the week.

Manta_Wing_Touch_Profile.jpg

http://www.agaxtur.c...world/seaworld/

Ive never been on a B&M flyer but I like the Vekoma flyers. I would say that Nighthawk is better than Firehawk. I think Nighthawk has some of the best scenery on a roller coaster. Firehawk is well, over dirt.

I highly recommend Manta at Sea World Orlando. One of the best coasters I have been on,

• Like 3

Also, not all B&M flyers are the same thing. In fact, most of them are different. Vekomas are EXACT replicas of each other.

Now I wouldn't say exact, 'cause Nighthawk at Carowinds has corkscrews instead of barrel rolls at the end! ;)

But all B & M flying coasters have pretzel loops. All B & M flyers have a curved drop. All flyers have in-line twists, etc.

You probably haven't seen this then.