Son of Beast roller coaster to be removed

Guest KingsIslandPR

^ Yeah maybe they're setting up for now by getting all the bulldozers into place. Now I remember the guy in charge of Kings Island saying they would take it down piece by piece. Wouldn't it seem easier if they just took the wrecking ball to it? Also what about how they took down that one tower ride at a six flags park? Does anybody have the link to that?

^ Yeah maybe they're setting up for now by getting all the bulldozers into place. Now I remember the guy in charge of Kings Island saying they would take it down piece by piece. Wouldn't it seem easier if they just took the wrecking ball to it? Also what about how they took down that one tower ride at a six flags park? Does anybody have the link to that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSK30Cx0HQ0

• Like 2

Imagine the mess they would have to clean up if the entire Son of Beast roller coaster was literally demolished with a wrecking ball. I'm not in the industry, but it seems dismantling it would be both safer and easier. Dismantling in an orderly fashion vs knocking the structure down into splinters and nails and bolts to go recover. Maybe someone who actually knows will chime in, because I'd like to find out actually :)

They should wait until after haunt, and decorate the heck out of that thing. I would make a haunted trail going back into it. You could put all kinds of strobes on it, hang bodies/skeletons from the track, etc. Make use of the trees around it, and of it's own shadow. It could be pretty awesome.

• Like 2

They should wait until after haunt, and decorate the heck out of that thing. I would make a haunted trail going back into it. You could put all kinds of strobes on it, hang bodies/skeletons from the track, etc. Make use of the trees around it, and of it's own shadow. It could be pretty awesome.

SoB already has a large enough black cloud over it.

FB will blow up with: "did you see SoB during HH???? KI put out all the bodies to display what the ride has done!!!!!"

Imagine the mess they would have to clean up if the entire Son of Beast roller coaster was literally demolished with a wrecking ball. I'm not in the industry, but it seems dismantling it would be both safer and easier. Dismantling in an orderly fashion vs knocking the structure down into splinters and nails and bolts to go recover. Maybe someone who actually knows will chime in, because I'd like to find out actually :)

Actually asked Don Helbig about the removal plan during the backstage Beast tour.

He said it would basically come down the same way that it went up - section by section.

• Like 2

AND if this wasn't already pointed out, SOB is about 15 feet (over or under exaggerated) away from Top Gun and AE, which causes a HUGE threat to those rides if SOB was taken down with a wrecking ball.

Am I missing somthing? Or is my mind telling me he just said AE and FD are 15 ft. away from each other... Im confused :blink: