Son of Beast roller coaster to be removed

Guest KingsIslandPR

So about five minutes after I complained of not being able to get through, I got through. Was told they are making them as the orders come in, and I will receive a phone call when it ships. I wish I would have asked approximately how long the track will take to ship. Maybe someone else here on these forms asked and would like to share?

• Like 1

The lady that took my order seemed exhausted. :lol:

She said the phone had been ringing non-stop.

She told me that the orders would not be shipped out until the end of the month...and that is when they would charge your credit card.

She also told me that the piece of wood would be just that, a pretty decent sized piece with a nameplate attached to it. She did not know about how the bolt would be "packaged".

• Like 2

Guest KingsIslandPR

The lady that took my order seemed exhausted. :lol:

She said the phone had been ringing non-stop.

She told me that the orders would not be shipped out until the end of the month...and that is when they would charge your credit card.

She also told me that the piece of wood would be just that, a pretty decent sized piece with a nameplate attached to it. She did not know about how the bolt would be "packaged".

We will post photos of the bolt and wood before the end of the week.

• Like 9

More info about the other pieces, as told to me by the phone operator:

The bolt is a 13" bolt, weighs approx 5 lbs, will not be on a plaque and will not have any sort of nameplate on it.

The wood is a 6"x9" support post, cut to between 18" and 24" long, with a Son of Beast nameplate on it.

The lady that took my order seemed exhausted. :lol: She said the phone had been ringing non-stop. She told me that the orders would not be shipped out until the end of the month...and that is when they would charge your credit card. She also told me that the piece of wood would be just that, a pretty decent sized piece with a nameplate attached to it. She did not know about how the bolt would be "packaged".
We will post photos of the bolt and wood before the end of the week.

That is, if there's any left! I seriously hope there will be some, though. I have been frantically searching for the funds to buy at least a bolt.

I was not going to go back through this thread to see if this has already been discussed but does anybody know what will be taking the place of Son of Beast? Personally I'd like to see something similar to Cedar Point's Top Thrill Dragster or Millenium Force. If KI puts in something like either of those two coasters, they'll start approaching Cedar Point in terms of overall coaster quality.

But i mean if they're making money on these then I don't see why they wouldn't make more.

No doubt Kings Island is charging more money than they were manufactured for, but keep in mind they are making very little money off these items. At least, relatively speaking. I see this as a nice gesture put forth by the park, to give it's fans and lovers of all things Kings Island a memento of the world's tallest, fastest, only looping wooden roller coaster.

• Like 9

Part of the value is the rarity of it. That's why there are numbers at the bottom of the plaque. To make more defeats the "limited edition" angle.

I really doubt that things will be worth anything in the future. I just dont see a market for old roller coaster pieces soon.

I said that once about a set of lithographs. I'm glad I got them when I did. Will Eisner's autograph still means something to collectors.

But i mean if they're making money on these then I don't see why they wouldn't make more.

No doubt Kings Island is charging more money than they were manufactured for, but keep in mind they are making very little money off these items. At least, relatively speaking. I see this as a nice gesture put forth by the park, to give it's fans and lovers of all things Kings Island a memento of the world's tallest, fastest, only looping wooden roller coaster.

Not to mention the extra hours put in by associates, which endes up costing CF even more to pay for the employees. I'd bet half the money they make goes straight back into an employee check.