Son of Beast roller coaster to be removed

Guest KingsIslandPR

The station will be dismantled along with the ride. I was told this by the lady at the top of the Eiffel Tower yesterday.

The station will not be dismantled along with the ride. I was told this by Don in front of Tower Drinks yesterday.

I stand corrected. Thank you for clarifying this.

Why would they leave the station for yet another Haunt Attraction? The Crypt is gone but they still left the building, and now SoB will be gone but the station will just stay there. This is just me I think this makes our park look less attractive and more crowded. I hope they reconsider this.

This is just me I think this makes our park look less attractive and more crowded. I hope they reconsider this.

It isn't just you. I think it makes the park look cheap.

The park might be reusing the structure (a la The Bat station). How does this come off as cheap?

You forget the context. Using it as a Haunt attraction is cheap; reusing it for a ride isn't.

• Like 2

Why would anyone in their right mind spend the $$$ to tear out half a million dollars of building, concrete, footers, walking paths for the que, exits, etc, then spend the same, if not more in 201(3? 4?) money to rebuild the same thing?

I would much rather they invest that money in the new ride, in redoing/retheming Action Zone as a whole, a new flat ride somewhere else, anything but waste it.

• Like 3

This is just me I think this makes our park look less attractive and more crowded. I hope they reconsider this.

It isn't just you. I think it makes the park look cheap.

The park might be reusing the structure (a la The Bat station). How does this come off as cheap?

You forget the context. Using it as a Haunt attraction is cheap; reusing it for a ride isn't.

No, reusing it for a Haunt attraction is using the park's available resources. Why waste the money on demolishing a pre-existing structure, only to erect a new one that serves the same purpose?

• Like 3

No, reusing it for a Haunt attraction is using the park's available resources. Why waste the money on demolishing a pre-existing structure, only to erect a new one that serves the same purpose?

No, that method hasn't been consistent. Why build a separate building for Club Blood, but no other attraction? Just because you re-use a building doesn't make it aesthetically pleasing, even for temporary use.

No, that method hasn't been consistent. Why build a separate building for Club Blood, but no other attraction? Just because you re-use a building doesn't make it aesthetically pleasing, even for temporary use.

I was under the impression Club Blood is in the former monorail maintenance building. Also, what may be aesthetically pleasing to you, may not be to another person and vice versa.

does anyone know how they are going to take down the first hill? are they going to tear it down the same way they did with the rest or are they going to try doing what they do to buildings and have explosives? and I know explosives would cause a huge mess and be unessescary but I was just wondering.

I have a question about re using old stations. How do they get track for a new ride into the old station? Do they have to take the roof off?

They can use large lift trucks to move the track into position in the station & then use a crane on either side to lift the track into position.
  • Like 1

Guest KingsIslandPR

The former Son of Beast station is now the location of one of our most popular mazes at Halloween Haunt, Wolf Pack. There are no plans to use it for anything else in the foreseeable future.

does anyone know how they are going to take down the first hill? are they going to tear it down the same way they did with the rest or are they going to try doing what they do to buildings and have explosives? and I know explosives would cause a huge mess and be unessescary but I was just wondering.

Same way the rest of the ride has come down.

• Like 4

Hey guys, I was reviewing the Google Map of the park and as always see things hidden from view. Such things like parts, graveyards, junk..... does anyone have close up pictures of these areas and what are being housed there? I am sure most is just old signs or ride parts but I would love to see those items. Google map doesn't get close enough. Thanks

Not to mention I would love it if DON could chime in on a back stage tour or these things as well as maybe a insider history of park finds,,, like here lies the base for flight commander or here is the cars for etc. Thanks

I dont think explosives work well on wooden coasters. There is a youtube video of it somewhere.