Son of Beast roller coaster to be removed

Guest KingsIslandPR

The station for The Bat was aesthetically pleasing, it had a Victorian sensibility to it. I like that they kept it. SOB station was supposed to reflect the mineshaft feel of The Beast to a certain extent? I don't know, I'd only been in it at night.

The station of Son of Beast is meant to reflect Outpost 5, the same outpost that Adventure Express is meant to "depart" to. See below:

16august2008pb-072.jpg

This is the side of the SoB station. Now listen to track number 3 below:

http://kiextreme.com/kitunes.php

• Like 9

Guest KingsIslandPR

True, but parts of Son of Beast have already been brought down in such a fashion. The video was posted here and elsewhere on the Internets.

No explosives have been used to bring down any parts of the ride.

• Like 9

Don, why does the park want to keep the station for Son of Beast? Dont get me wrong, I have great respect for you and the park but I really think that this is a poor choice and may make that part look "less tidy" and not as attractive. I understand the situation with Wolf Pack but couldnt you move it? This happened with the Crypt also and I feel as if the park is just wasting space. Please do not take this as an insult more of just a respectful question.

Guest KingsIslandPR

Don, why does the park want to keep the station for Son of Beast? Dont get me wrong, I have great respect for you and the park but I really think that this is a poor choice and may make that part of the park "less tidy" and not as attractive. I understand the situation with Wolf Pack but couldnt you move it? This happened with the Crypt also and I feel as if the park is just wasting space. Please do not take this as an insult more of just a respectful question.

Because it makes for a great location for a Haunt attraction. Wolf Pack is one of our most popular mazes. The station is pretty well hidden from view during the non-haunt season.

• Like 10

The station for The Bat was aesthetically pleasing, it had a Victorian sensibility to it. I like that they kept it. SOB station was supposed to reflect the mineshaft feel of The Beast to a certain extent? I don't know, I'd only been in it at night.

The station of Son of Beast is meant to reflect Outpost 5, the same outpost that Adventure Express is meant to "depart" to. See below:

16august2008pb-072.jpg

This is the side of the SoB station. Now listen to track number 3 below:

http://kiextreme.com/kitunes.php

Thanks. Now I understand the theming.

The only time I see the station is during Haunt, and on the way to Flight Deck. I've always seen it with the full moon scenery, so I thought that was part of the original station.

That audio track makes me ponder something...if the track the ride itself "goes" on is the one that's supposed to be closed (Track 2), and Track 1 goes to Outpost 5...then if there were a track 1...(imagines Adventure Express Track 1)...

Ride-Op: OK! Enjoy your ride on Adventure Express Track 1...

(Train departs and goes straight for about 30 seconds, climbs a chain lift, and then stops in a familiar station...)

Other Ride-Op: Welcome to Outpost 5! Enjoy your ride on Son of Beast!

:P

Or...during Haunt since SOB has been SBNO...

Same thing...but when you reach station...

Some Dude: Welcome to Outpost 5! Prepare to be mauled by werewolves!

McSalsa: AAAAAHHHH!!!

^_^

Oh, my crazy imagination...

• Like 5

Don, why does the park want to keep the station for Son of Beast? Dont get me wrong, I have great respect for you and the park but I really think that this is a poor choice and may make that part of the park "less tidy" and not as attractive. I understand the situation with Wolf Pack but couldnt you move it? This happened with the Crypt also and I feel as if the park is just wasting space. Please do not take this as an insult more of just a respectful question.

Because it makes for a great location for a Haunt attraction. Wolf Pack is one of our most popular mazes. The station is pretty well hidden from view during the non-haunt season.

Again, not trying to disrespect at all, only add a possible recommendation, but has Fight Commander's old queue been considered as a possible location for Wolf pack? It's even more well-hidden and while I don't know for sure (please correct me if I'm wrong) it seems like it would have as much room as Son of Beast's station.

• Like 2

I doubt Flight Commanders queue would be very good.

1) There is an access road behind it and not much space between the access road and the queue.

2) It is very small.

3) It is used as a storage area in the Fall/Winter.

Wolf Pack will stay in its location until it is no longer a Haunt or if they use that station for another coaster.

I doubt Flight Commanders queue would be very good.

1) There is an access road behind it and not much space between the access road and the queue.

2) It is very small.

3) It is used as a storage area in the Fall/Winter.

Wolf Pack will stay in its location until it is no longer a Haunt or if they use that station for another coaster.

The access road isn't used anymore as WindSeeker blocked it off and you can't access it during park hours. And storage? yeah for trashcans in the winter and perhaps a Coney Mall picnic lol.

• Like 2

Certain teases are simply part of this group. Becoming part of the group means learning the inside jokes. Sometimes it annoys me too but usually I quite like it. My wife would say the same thing about me on many...many things.

Hope it doesn't bother you too much :)

I should add it has never bothered me nearly as much as some avatars ;)

• Like 5

I think he is just trying to see if someone will post pictures.

That is the joke in itself...you came closer to getting to the point without even trying. :P

Personally I like that The Interpreter has put me and others on their toes around here...I always try and Interpreter-proof any questions that I post on here...an amusement park site. :)

• Like 6