Son of Beast roller coaster to be removed

Guest KingsIslandPR

Depends on how many wants to buy them. There's plenty of wood, bolts and rails they can put on sob plaques. There is plenty they can sale if they wish. A couple years ago, I bought a new Titanic model that was listed as a "limited edition" and only made 1500 and each kit was numbered. This year the kit maker came out with the exact same kit and added a booklet and called it the "centennial edition" kit.

I can see it clearly, half of the second helix is gone and everything else after that (aside from the brake run). The first photo makes me feel some what sad, but at least hopeful, but the second photo just breaks my heart, especially looking at the places were the track used to travel under the lift for some reason.

EDIT: Nevermind, now that the pictures are showing up on the page (not as links) they are flipped.

Hopefully if they are building a whole new wooden roller coaster, they leave part of the 1st hill up and work out a new layout from there. I would love if they put in a new generation wooden roller coaster similar to El Toro which has the per-fabricated track.

That would be great!! I would still love to see a new woodie at Kings Island in the coming years, And If they were to save part of the first hill it would literally have to be part of it because most of the first drop is already almost gone. I highly doubt any of it will be saved though.... :mellow:

Guest KingsIslandPR

The only part of the ride's structure that will still be standing by the end of the month will be the station, which will continue to be used for the Wolf Pack maze at Halloween Haunt.

• Like 11

The only part of the ride's structure that will still be standing by the end of the month will be the station, which will continue to be used for the Wolf Pack maze at Halloween Haunt.

Thanks for the information Don!! And Are you guys going to be releasing anymore photos of the 1st hill being dismanteled?

Hopefully if they are building a whole new wooden roller coaster, they leave part of the 1st hill up and work out a new layout from there. I would love if they put in a new generation wooden roller coaster similar to El Toro which has the per-fabricated track.

I would love an Intamin pre-fab. It would probably be my first choice for the parks next coaster. I mean we could use a good new woodie and they are good with capacity, people love them, and they have a good track record (unlike RCCA). To me it is between an Intamin woodie and a B&M invert for the ride that would be the next best addition to the park.

• Like 1

Will the paint scheme remain intact? I'd kinda like to see you guys repaint it to resemble a ranger station overlooking the woods, to further aid Wolf Pack's theming.

Greg Scheid just posted something on twitter that said "Watch the Skyline change thursday......" I'm sure that is directed towards SOB......

Especially if the S is s.

Perhaps tomorrow I'll go towards Kings Island if they plan on bringing it down at a set time. I'd like to watch.

• Like 1