Son of Beast roller coaster to be removed

Guest KingsIslandPR

Seing the people on the ground really puts the size of SOB into perspective and makes that structure falling... something so dramatic I'm lost for words. I can't imagine how loud that was, and that's coming from a guy who plays Mesa Bogie Triple Recs..

Schrute, I can't imagine them wanting to risk the liability.

• Like 1

Don and Greg have really been great providing all of this for us! Now my 1 suggestion for Don is if that last section is a pull down, put a gopro cam on the top or inside a 55 gal half barrel in the fall zone catching it falling on top of it.

"Good to the last drop!"

• Like 1

Those are some awesome pics...the skyline will be pretty different here in only a short period of time...then again, TOPGUN1993 always has cool pics... ;)

Oh, and for that first pic, here's a "before" picture for you all, not sure who took it...could have been TOPGUN1993 again but I dunno, got it from google:

cincy09_67.jpg

• Like 3

Random thought here guys.... Has anyone thought of a Cedar Fair hotel potentially replacing SOB? It makes sense with ALL of the footings being removed. IMO the area is too large for a connecting path and why bother removing every footing if another coaster is going in the same area?

Random thought here guys.... Has anyone thought of a Cedar Fair hotel potentially replacing SOB? It makes sense with ALL of the footings being removed. IMO the area is too large for a connecting path and why bother removing every footing if another coaster is going in the same area?

Why build a hotel when they can buy GWL? This would allow them to generate income all year long, plus they can create a new entrance in that area. Just my thought.

• Like 1

I think Kings Island needs another new ride to show up in the skyline. With the loss of SOB, the only rides people see from the highway is Diamondback, Eiffel Tower, and WindSeeker. So hopefully the next roller coaster that is built becomes a record breaker like SOB was. I'm not saying build another wooden roller coaster, but if they want to, go right ahead. I think this would be a great time for improving the foundations by building something the state of Ohio doesn't have yet. My vote would be a Floorless roller coaster!

• Like 2

I think Kings Island needs another new ride to show up in the skyline. With the loss of SOB, the only rides people see from the highway is Diamondback, Eiffel Tower, and WindSeeker. So hopefully the next roller coaster that is built becomes a record breaker like SOB was. I'm not saying build another wooden roller coaster, but if they want to, go right ahead. I think this would be a great time for improving the foundations by building something the state of Ohio doesn't have yet. My vote would be a Floorless roller coaster!

Drop Tower?

Invertigo?

Not to mention that for many years ONLY the Eiffel Tower could be seen from outside the park.

Ohio had a floorless. Cedar Fair moved it to Virginia.

Terp, who likes to ask questions

From 71 I also can see (along with the other mentioned rides) Vortex, Delirium, Sling Shot, Xtreme Skyflyer, Congo Falls, a tiny bit of Firehawk, and maybe even Flight Deck if I look close enough. I've even seen the very top of The Beast's first lift hill all the way from there.

Quite a few of the rides can be seen from 71 and Kings Island Drive, let alone the parking lot itself. :)

• Like 2

I drive past every morning and again every evening along I-71. You can see Invertigo, delerium, Vortex, lift hill of The Beast, top gun, Firehawk, slong shot, skyflyer, etc...

Lossing SOB changes the skyline for sure, but there is certainly plenty to catch your eye as you drive north or south on 71.

• Like 2

Why build a hotel when they can buy GWL? This would allow them to generate income all year long, plus they can create a new entrance in that area. Just my thought.

That's assuming Appolo Global Management would be interested in selling them that property.

My bet is, they wouldn't.