Son of Beast roller coaster to be removed

Guest KingsIslandPR

I can't speak for UPS, but when I worked for FedEx, if you shipped an item with us that was a local delivery, it would be sorted at the local station, transported to the airport for them to sort it into carriers to go to the station that serves your location. It would not go to Memphis to be sorted and then shipped back here. Depending on the service selected, it would arrive anywhere from next day to 3 day delivery. I would think UPS would be the same way. Go to their main sort location in Sharonville and then to your house.

^ If it helps put those of you at ease who are still waiting on a call and a charge, the lady I spoke to on the phone told me I was the first one to order one. I'm sure you'll be getting your call and package sometime soon. They are rather heavy so I'd assume packing them isn't fun.

• Like 1

Mr. Scheid's signature is weird. I like it.

"Gg COO"

Maybe he was thinking of Vortex and drew the loops.

I can't be the only one that draws little roller coaster looking designs when I sign my name, right? (At least on cash register machines, not official documents or anything)

• Like 1

Someone just posted this on instagram http://instagram.com/p/SBvakGEGUt/

It won't let me copy the image link.

That almost looks like a construction photo?..... Seeing the support on the left corner of the photo....

I believe that is AE. After checking google maps, i believe your right. good call. Has anybody here been by KI today with a camera to document the progress of deconstruction of SOB?

I haven't received mine yet, but I notice in the pictures that you can clearly see the wear marks from the trains' wheels. That is super cool B)!

It would be nice to preserve that somehow. I'm no metallurgist, but I do know that some forms of steel is VERY prone to rusting over varying lengths of time, even when exposed to nothing more than atmospheric moisture. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on a good way to preserve the piece in its current state? Some kind of clearcoat, perhaps polyurethane or something? Or will these pieces be fine as-is?

(I know the track has been sitting exposed to the elements for years now... but I'm just curious if anyone seriously in-the-know can say whether or not this particular kind of steel will be fine as-is, in the long run. I would hate to see those wear marks vanish among a uniform surface coat of rust 10+ years down the road)

A little oil here & there will preserve the track look.

Even motor oil.

Good idea. I use a drop of motor oil on pocketknife blades to keep them looking nice; I don't know why I didn't think of that for this application as well! :rolleyes:

They decided not to make the wood available for purchase. I know this because I bought the wood and track and we got the call to verify my track and they said the wood was not available for purchase and they would not be sent out. That includes even if you called the first day because I ordered mine on the first day as well... I wonder why they did this?