Son of Beast roller coaster to be removed

Guest KingsIslandPR

Ended up changing the one picture. Can easily put the original back if I want, but for now, I think I'll keep the one with the loop.

Sorry I can't give credit for the original image, I'm not sure where I initially found it, it just happened to be in my image folder.

SOB.jpg

• Like 2

Guest Department47

I have a friend that drives concrete trucks near there. They were pouring concrete for the footings and casings late in the summer overnight. The footings were disguised with plants and things like that during the day. Steel coasters can go up in no time, but preparation is quite the different story just as any new construction would be. Imagine what they go through with insurance, legalities, etc...

Disguised? Oh please. Construction started in October 2007 with some tree clearing. That offseason, Swan Lake was drained and more trees were cut. It was common knowledge a roller coaster was under construction by the time footings started to appear, whether an oversized plant was placed on them or not.

With floorless and invert coasters being yesterday's designs, I would guess B&M giga twister is in the works? If not, a winged coaster may take SoB's place although winged coasters have been rather forceless.

Who said Son of Beast's replacement has to be a B&M roller coaster? Last I checked, there are several other available coaster companies.

I'm still hoping KI decides to call up Gravity Group and that Gravity Group will answer the call. With the changes they are making to Hades and the handle they seem to have on the Timberliner's I think GG could come up with a very good use for this much land.

Yeah, those Timberliners on Voyage or China's High-Five roller coaster sure work great, right?

• Like 3

Department47, Russ was probably referring to my post one time when I said I would love to see a Floorless go in SOB place. That's my mistake, he might want the same thing that I'm hoping for. The second type of roller coaster I wouldn't mind seeing would be a Gravity group type of roller coaster similar to Voyage at Holiday World. I'm sure with that design, they could throw a loop in there along with some 90 degree turns. B)

Guest Department47

Yeah, those Timberliners on Voyage or China's High-Five roller coaster sure work great, right?

Dauling Dragons uses PTC trains. Just sayin'.

Reference coaster_junky's post. Dauling Dragons was supposed to get Timberliners, just like Voyage. Neither coaster currently operates with them. Sure sounds like they have quite the handle on them.

• Like 3

Dauling Dragons uses PTC trains. Just sayin'.

Reference coaster_junky's post. Dauling Dragons was supposed to get Timberliners, just like Voyage. Neither coaster currently operates with them. Sure sounds like they have quite the handle on them.

Every prototype in the theme park industry has its struggles and problems whether thats during the designing stages or the testing stages, including Timberliner wooden coaster trains.

If anybody was there to witness this in person...could somebody please discribe the sounds it made coming down and your final thoughts as it happend. I would have been there if I had known Today was the Day. I'm very sad to see this go.

It sounded like wood breaking and my thoughts? Good riddance.

• Like 3