Son of Beast roller coaster to be removed

Guest KingsIslandPR

^Sometimes not acting like a pompous jerk works too. Had it not been for already knowing that was a picture os Son of Beast's field post deconstruction, I would have thought it was from pre-construction.

I presume that this was directed at a post made after mine that has since been deleted? I have missed out on this thread for the last week or so.

But to stay on topic, it's amazing how much the land was actually levelled for SOB. I never really realized that. I'm excited to see what's coming in the next year for the site! Can't wait to start following the "clues"

• Like 2

While I can't find the specific photos to back me up, something to note of Sonny's Valley:

The former loop stood at 118 feet tall at "ground level" (the bottom of the valley). On the midway right by the bathrooms and Thunder Alley, you could just barely see the top of the loop through the lift hill structure. Also, the station (where the Haunt attraction, Wolf Pack, resides now) rests a good 60-70 feet off the ground from the Valley, even though it sits at just above eye level from the Action Zone midway. Lastly, Adventure Express's lowest point - the dip before the turn into the final tunnel, I believe - is still maybe 10-20 feet higher than what Sonny's lowest point was at the bottom of the 214-foot drop.

Most of this conjecture is speculative; I'm only basing this from memory riding Sonny and Adventure Express numerous times and just looking at the surroundings.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Sorry for bringing back a thread that was almost dead....but this I think is worth it :)

Pictured below is the Son of Beast station as of Today. Note the open ends (no Wolf Pack). My friend John C. took this picture while on rounds at the park.
sobstation_zps114b1407.jpg

P.S. this is my 1,000th post! :)

• Like 21