Son of Beast roller coaster to be removed

Guest KingsIslandPR

Sorry for bringing back a thread that was almost dead....but this I think is worth it :)

Pictured below is the Son of Beast station as of Today. Note the open ends (no Wolf Pack). My friend John C. took this picture while on rounds at the park.

sobstation_zps114b1407.jpg

P.S. this is my 1,000th post! :)

I see tons of potential there for a new/improved Haunt. Wall that structure up and make it look like a Haunted House! you could have plenty of room to expand the Haunt with four floors and no need for all the mechanical stuff to stay there.

So they (including I) said about the Cavern of Terror...

Cavern of Terror has an elevator lift for guests requiring a wheel chair as well as wheel chair accessible exits throughout the attraction.

I see tons of potential there for a new/improved Haunt. Wall that structure up and make it look like a Haunted House! you could have plenty of room to expand the Haunt with four floors and no need for all the mechanical stuff to stay there.

The other "floors" are just catwalks.

So they (including I) said about the Cavern of Terror...

Cavern of Terror has an elevator lift for guests requiring a wheel chair as well as wheel chair accessible exits throughout the attraction.

>I see tons of potential there for a new/improved Haunt. Wall that structure up and make it look like a Haunted House! you could have plenty of room to expand the Haunt with four floors and no need for all the mechanical stuff to stay there.

The other "floors" are just catwalks.

I understand but there is potential to make them into actual floors :) It is probably more money than they would want to pour into the building, but it could be really cool.

• Like 2

According to the park Wolf pack will remain in that building.

I know, which is why I find this pic odd, with the walls on the inside of the station down. This past regular season, the props/walls for Wolf Pack stayed up. However, the walls and props aren't there.

Haha guess you are right! Probably should wear my glasses more often!

I was also about to point out that that is the side the station that the train left out of, not entered. From the midway you saw the train enter the station not leave.

• Like 1

Sorry for bringing back a thread that was almost dead....but this I think is worth it :)

Pictured below is the Son of Beast station as of Today. Note the open ends (no Wolf Pack). My friend John C. took this picture while on rounds at the park.

sobstation_zps114b1407.jpg

P.S. this is my 1,000th post! :)

"Track two is no longer in use, and has been permanently... abandon" - Station Master

Never thought of it as a hint. :blink:

• Like 5

Also keep in mind the building wash't structurally designed for such a use. Having catwalks with a few people occasionally on it is totally different than enclosed rooms with props and crowds.

Glad I'm not the only rain parader. The first thing I thought of was sprinkler systems if it were walled up.

While I can't find the specific photos to back me up, something to note of Sonny's Valley:

The former loop stood at 118 feet tall at "ground level" (the bottom of the valley). On the midway right by the bathrooms and Thunder Alley, you could just barely see the top of the loop through the lift hill structure. Also, the station (where the Haunt attraction, Wolf Pack, resides now) rests a good 60-70 feet off the ground from the Valley, even though it sits at just above eye level from the Action Zone midway. Lastly, Adventure Express's lowest point - the dip before the turn into the final tunnel, I believe - is still maybe 10-20 feet higher than what Sonny's lowest point was at the bottom of the 214-foot drop.

Most of this conjecture is speculative; I'm only basing this from memory riding Sonny and Adventure Express numerous times and just looking at the surroundings.

If that valley is nearly 100ft deep, then a giga coaster with a 400ft drop would be feasible. Not saying that thats probable by any means, just saying its possible, and would be pretty outstanding in my opinion. Not to try to sound like one of those crazy giga coaster enthusiasts or anything either.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Today was the day Son of Beast opened, 13 years ago. It gave a whole new meaning to wooden roller coasters. it was the world's tallest, fastest, only looping wooden roller coaster.

here is some 1999 construction:

This coaster was opened later than it was supposed to due to problems while building it. One of the problems was the main hill (I think?) got half way knocked down because of strong winds and snow. Many people were hoping to ride it opening day but all they got was this:

The ride then opened today May 26 2000. Many people liked it, many people were scared of it and many people thought the ride was way to rough.

later in 2006, the ride hit a new low. The ride was taking passengers up the main lift hill and 27 people were injured at the rosebowl.The train in the rosebowl continued along the track because no sensors showed a structural fault has occurred. When the train returned to the station they made a e-stop so the train going up the hill was stopped and the passengers were gotten off.

. The park was owned by CF at the time of the incident and then after they shut it down for the rest of the season, they added new trains that were lighter. The loop was also removed.

After that things went a little better for Son of Beast, until 2009...

Little did we know that 2009 would be the last operating season for Son of Beast, an indecent with a woman happened were she had a aneurysm while riding the ride. The ride was then shut down a few weeks later and was being investigated for it's safety.

From 2010-2012 the roller coaster was removed from the park map as the plans of waht was gonna happen where unclear.

In 2011 the station was transformed into a Halloween Haunt attraction called Wolf Pack, the station is still used for that to this day.

People were in a frenzy of back and forth battles of will the ride reopen or not and for the 2010-mid 2012 the park remained mute on the subject.

July 2012 the park announced its plans for Son of Beast, the ride will be taken apart piece by piece starting later the 2012 season.

In early 2013 the ride was completely removed and construction was started for a new attraction. Not many people know what they are building for the future but those who know won't be talking until the park decides to make a public announcement.

R.I.P. Son of Beast 2000-2012 (or 2000-mid 2009)

Happy 13th birthday. :unsure:

• Like 4