Son of Beast roller coaster to be removed

Guest KingsIslandPR

Hmm...out of the blue, I looked up how all RCCA wooden coasters did in Mitch Hawker's 2011 wooden coaster poll:

The Rattler @ SF Fiesta Texas: 132nd/164 woodies

White Canyon @ Yomiuriland: 154th/164 woodies

Magnus Colossus @ Terra Mitica: 159th/164 woodies

The Bandit @ Movie Park (Germany): 162nd/164 woodies (^ this is the ride that uses the Premier rides trains similar to the original SOB trains)

Coaster Express @ Parque Warner (Madrid): 163rd/164 woodies

Montezum @ Hopi Hari: Too Few Riders, would have ranked 167th if counted (out of a now 188 woodies)

Son of Beast @ Kings Island: Not counted due to SBNO, would have ranked 176th if counted (out of a now 188 woodies)

Ouch. When their best effort is a 132nd place finish out of 164 woodies, and Colossos @ SFMM is nearly 20 spots ahead of the best coaster they ever built, it's not a good idea to hire them to build a 200-foot looping wooden coaster.

• Like 3

I actually wish they would have ranked Son of Beast. It would be interesting to see where it is after all the incidents.

http://www.ushsho.co...results2011.htm

Like McSalsa said, it would have a 176 ranking.

These five rides scored lower than SOB's .0281:

Son of Beast (SBNO) Kings Island OH 198 5 173 0 0.0281

The Grizzly Great America CA 140 4 158 1 0.0276

Antelope Gulliver's World UK 30 1 155 5 0.0217

The Bandit Movie Park DE 114 3 160 0 0.0184

Coaster-Express Parque Warner Madrid ES 85 2 160 1 0.0153

Anaconda Walygator Parc FR 77 2 161 0 0.0123

Yep, the bottom has some other RCCA coasters.

Also, this is the bottom of the list from 2010, nearly full of RCCA:

175 Magnus Colossus Terra Mitica ES 32 6 168 2 0.0398 13

176 The Bandit Movie Park DE 78 4 167 6 0.0395 8

177 Coaster-Express Parque Warner Madrid ES 53 6 171 0 0.0339

178 Son of Beast (SBNO) Kings Island OH 177 3 172 3 0.0253

179 The Grizzly Great America CA 97 3 175 0 0.0169

180 Anaconda Walygator Parc FR 54 1 172 3 0.0142

* Montezum Hopi Hari BR 0 0 0 0 0.0000

(Edited post to add the 2010 numbers)

Hmm...out of the blue, I looked up how all RCCA wooden coasters did in Mitch Hawker's 2011 wooden coaster poll:

The Rattler @ SF Fiesta Texas: 132nd/164 woodies

White Canyon @ Yomiuriland: 154th/164 woodies

Magnus Colossus @ Terra Mitica: 159th/164 woodies

The Bandit @ Movie Park (Germany): 162nd/164 woodies (^ this is the ride that uses the Premier rides trains similar to the original SOB trains)

Coaster Express @ Parque Warner (Madrid): 163rd/164 woodies

Montezum @ Hopi Hari: Too Few Riders, would have ranked 167th if counted (out of a now 188 woodies)

Son of Beast @ Kings Island: Not counted due to SBNO, would have ranked 176th if counted (out of a now 188 woodies)

Ouch. When their best effort is a 132nd place finish out of 164 woodies, and Colossos @ SFMM is nearly 20 spots ahead of the best coaster they ever built, it's not a good idea to hire them to build a 200-foot looping wooden coaster.

It wouldn't surprise me if they were the only ones willing to build a 200ft, looping, wooden coaster. Regardless, even if a park wanted those records, they seemed like a poor company to build any wooden coaster at all!

Speaking in possibility, had RCCA actually done the construction of the ride, could SOB still be running today? It would be interesting to see whether it was truly the design of the ride, or just poor construction of Paramount's part.

I think we have The Beast to blame for raising such an illegitimate punk for a son! :D

Speaking in possibility, had RCCA actually done the construction of the ride, could SOB still be running today? It would be interesting to see whether it was truly the design of the ride, or just poor construction of Paramount's part.

I think we have The Beast to blame for raising such an illegitimate punk for a son! :D

I think it's time The Beast introduces us to his sexy metal wife.... Haha Wife of Beast... That just sounds odd.

Any speculations on if they are going to be able to save Wolf Pack for one more season?

Sorry if this has already been mentioned. After reading about the last 8 gender posts I felt I needed something to get the topic back on course.

• Like 1

Guest KingsIslandPR

Any speculations on if they are going to be able to save Wolf Pack for one more season?

Sorry if this has already been mentioned. After reading about the last 8 gender posts I felt I needed something to get the topic back on course.

Wolf Pack will be back this season and beyond.

• Like 2

You say Wolf Pack will be back this season and beyond, but you don't say where Wolf Pack will be this season and beyond!

Your vagueness hasn't gone unnoticed and is muchly respected. :ph34r:

• Like 7

I read this as: "Wolf Pack will be back this season.... [thunder clap, and eerie, low-register music builds; a distant howl echoes menacingly nearby. A barritone, growling voice is heard:] and beyond. Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!"

:lol: I wish "Chiller" was one of the fonts on here Oh, well.

• Like 2