Son of Beast roller coaster to be removed

Guest KingsIslandPR

Anyone who knows construction might be able to answer this. When taking down large structures such as Son of Beast, what do they do with all the wood? Do they give it to paper companies or try to salvage some of the wood to Home Depot stores? I was also thinking, would Kings Island be able to save the massive chain from Son of Beast? I already have a feeling they'll keep the station as is after demolition is over with like they did with The Bat.

Anyone who knows construction might be able to answer this. When taking down large structures such as Son of Beast, what do they do with all the wood? Do they give it to paper companies or try to salvage some of the wood to Home Depot stores? I was also thinking, would Kings Island be able to save the massive chain from Son of Beast? I already have a feeling they'll keep the station as is after demolition is over with like they did with The Bat.

That has been asked several times but I never think their was a sound answer.

But, I think what we all agree on is that that wood has a lot of toxic chemicals on it to keep it from eroding. I dont see them selling them due to safety procedures.

• Like 1

I would think that everything belongs to the demolition company that was awarded the contract as to how the wood and other items are salvaged, unless terms on certain items are not included. As for if they give the wood to a paper company, nothing is given to anybody. They are sold, not given away. As for the wood, I would think that a pulp mill would handle the treated wood. Just like when Yankee Stadium was torn down, the salvage company had title to everything and they sold what they could to all interest parties, even the locker of their stars. I would think that all the medal from SOB would be sold for their scrap value.

• Like 1

Seems to be a LOT of assumptions there.

In my experience, when an entity writes a contract, it decides what and how it wants something done; examines the law, regulations and relevant policy; puts out a request for proposals or solicits bids or hires a contractor; and entertains counterproposals, if applicable.

Stadiums in New York are very different animals from roller coasters in Ohio.

• Like 1

But, I think what we all agree on is that that wood has a lot of toxic chemicals on it to keep it from eroding. I dont see them selling them due to safety procedures.

The wooden structure could be easily sold to a paper company.

You wood be shocked to know what chemicals are used in the paper making process.

• Like 3

Seems to be a LOT of assumptions there.

In my experience, when an entity writes a contract, it decides what and how it wants something done; examines the law, regulations and relevant policy; puts out a request for proposals or solicits bids or hires a contractor; and entertains counterproposals, if applicable.

Stadiums in New York are very different animals from roller coasters in Ohio.

Oh, and then there's the ubiquitous red tape of letters of professional aggrievement by losing bidders, bid-stage and post-contract assumption and qualification addenda, multi-eschelon government regulation and oversight review, and ex parte complaints by special-interest parties, etc., etc. etc...

;) Tb, who once almost died of being an assistant project manager for an independent electrical contractor in Maine. Oy.

• Like 3

In regards to the webcam, there IS a camera pointed toward the general SOB area... If you're on the upper platform of the Eiffel Tower, there's 3 or 4 white domed cameras. Two of which are the ones already on the website: DB and WindSeeker/DA. The one that's pointed toward SOB may not be on the website till they announce what will be built in that area, but at least they're thinking ahead and COULD have it up and online to view the demolition...even though that isn't too likely...

We're now beginning to talk about counterfeit souvenir Son of Beast wood. Fast forward 30 years, watching "Antiques Space Show" on my Dyson Air Couch...

:o"Well, if this were real Son of Beast wood, it'd be worth about twenty million kilodollars; however, this is obviously fake, so it's worth only about two thousand."

:unsure:"Aw, shucks! I can't even buy a Veggie Pepsi with that. Oh well." ..."how much for this ACE tile?"

• Like 4

Ain'tNuttinElse2Do,

I found myself thinking of that, too; a stretch of park that would extend Action Zone into Xbase, with a compliment of attractions.

I'm excited to find out what they are going to do. The new feel about the park makes me think it's something great.

Ain'tNuttinElse2Do,

I found myself thinking of that, too; a stretch of park that would extend Action Zone into Xbase, with a compliment of attractions.

I'm excited to find out what they are going to do. The new feel about the park makes me think it's something great.

I hope that maybe Kings Island will extend Action Zone into X-Base, along with new rides and attractions. But also, If you consider how long it would take just to clear things out and build the new sidewalks etc. The new area probably wouldn't be open until 2014.