Son of Beast roller coaster to be removed

Guest KingsIslandPR

^Thats good.. We could knock out two birds with one stone and take out Thunder Alley too.

Nothing wrong with Thunder Alley, it just needs a major expansion to make it more fun. Like I said a couple pages ago, they should take this opportunity now to make the track longer like the one at Cedar Point.

I would say once they start no more than 2 months to take it down. It will be gone before the first snow flakes hit the ground this year.

the 2 month part I agree with, or something on the shorter side, however snowflakes have fallen in october in season's past, this year may be no acceptions, so Son of Beast may be like Freddie the Leaf and live just long enough to experience 1 more snow flake.

Six Flags Over Texas gets The NEW Texas Giant for 2011 and it becomes a huge success. Six Flags Fiesta Texas in planning on opening a renovated version of The Rattler called Iron Rattler in 2013. But Kings Island gets rid of the tallest, fastest, wooden roller coaster in the world? Seems like a roller coaster's life cut short to me.

• Like 1

I also guess it will be gone by opening day 2013.

I would say once they start no more than 2 months to take it down. It will be gone before the first snow flakes hit the ground this year.

Um, lets think logically here. If it is in fact going down the same way it went up (piece by piece,) would it not take at least 3/4 of the time it took to put it up? I bet we will see some structure left standing at the start of next season.

• Like 1

they already said its going to come down in sections, so I'm not trying to insert something that's not there. But for those that say demolition would be too complicated with AE and FD 15 feet next to it- go back to 2002 when Cinergy Field was blown up with brand new GABP next to it... with its closest point having the feature that a tall person could extend their arms and touch both structures. Demotion is literally an art.

They said it would come down in sections, which eliminates the above. BUT, it would be possible.

Um, lets think logically here. If it is in fact going down the same way it went up (piece by piece,) would it not take at least 3/4 of the time it took to put it up?

No, and logically speaking, much less than half.

The precision necessary to remove a structure like SoB can only be compared to black and white to the precision necessary to construct a structure like SoB.

they already said its going to come down in sections, so I'm not trying to insert something that's not there. But for those that say demolition would be too complicated with AE and FD 15 feet next to it- go back to 2002 when Cinergy Field was blown up with brand new GABP next to it... with its closest point having the feature that a tall person could extend their arms and touch both structures. Demotion is literally an art.

They said it would come down in sections, which eliminates the above. BUT, it would be possible.

Thanks for posting that video, it make me do a wiki search on riverfront and i wasted an hour looking at it and various links from it lol

• Like 3