Son of Beast roller coaster to be removed

Guest KingsIslandPR

I think we should merge the two topics. There are too many SOB topics. Why can't photos of SOB be locate here in the official SOB to be removed page?

^^ That is your opinion, I think the two topics you mentioned are fine. As for your question... if you click on the link I gave, and at least read the first sentance, I think your question would be answered...

I thought that It would be kinda cool to make a big thread for everyone to share their Son of Beast photos from over the years!!

I understand that there is a general Son of Beast discussion thread but I think we should have a place to share all of our photos of this giant SOB.

Helpful? :)

I am going to the park Friday, but with it being dark I do not think I will be able to see anything. It is really weird to see something being demolished that has been at the park since you can really remember, seeing this thing go down piece by piece will really be interesting.

• Like 1

I enjoy seeing that the park is actually putting light upon the dismantlement of the ride. Seeing how many of the posts and updates about SOB continually reference future park expansion, fills me with hope that there are currently plans for the area. Reminds me of how Disaster Transport and Space Spiral were announced for dismantlement before Gatekeeper was announced. But realistically, nothing will be there in 2013, hopefully 2014.

• Like 7

Why have two topics that are basically discussing the same thing: SOB removal. What topic is next, SOB replacement topic and SOB replacement construction pictures? I say merge both topics into this topic, which was here first.

Exactly. The one topic discusses SOBs removal (and God knows what else ;)) This page...what'da you know! It, too, covers the removal of SOB.

^Uh...don't the pictures have pretty much EVERYTHING to do with this topic? Sounds rather pointless to have one topic for discussion and the other for pictures (which btw, the pics have already been posted on this thread, rendering the other pretty much obsolete). It sounds easier to have them one in the same.

I'm a mod/staffer at COASTER-Net.com, and we try to limit the number of threads and merge mutliple threads on the same topic into one thread. Trust me, its easier for new members (or any members/visitors) to navigate.

• Like 1

I made the other topic to post pictures and only pictures of the removal of Son of Beast, they may be similar but there is No reason to merge the 2 threads because they were obviously made for 2 different purposes.

I'm sure tons of people said that about the billions of new topics about SOB pre-demolition announcement. If I had the power I would merge as well.

Ok, speaking as someone who often visits this site, its hard for me to keep track of the different threads on one topic to keep track of what information/pictures are where. I come here often to relay news on KI to Coaster-Net, which focuses on more parks and stuff and its harder for them to keep track of Kings Island. It feels like a chore shifting through all the different topics. It would definetly make KIC more organized IMO.

OH, and Coaster-Net does NOT run like TPR. We keep it organized while treating others kindly. Just go over to see what I mean.

I think we should merge the two topics. There are too many SOB topics. Why can't photos of SOB be locate here in the official SOB to be removed page?

^^ That is your opinion, I think the two topics you mentioned are fine.

It is a fact KIC has been dealing with SoB: rumors, facts, & useless crap since 2003. We have learned that one SoB topic is more than enough.

More than one becomes an insane amount of regurgitated clutter between both topics.

• Like 1

And how it's done elsewhere is of little to no relevance here. We ain't elsewhere. Glory be!

I beg to differ. While this site isn't like others, there are things that other sites do that could make this site better IMO. This is the premier website on Kings Island information out there and I see soooo much room for improvement. Just sayin'.

Is it really too hard to ask for a little organization?

• Like 2