Son of Beast roller coaster to be removed

Guest KingsIslandPR

What could this "future park expansion" entail if all footings need be removed?

My opinion. Maybe they are adding litterally a park expansion. New area? Expansion again to Action"Less" Zone? Or maybe Oktoberfest gets an expansion finally. There is plenty of room for that.

Not likely, unless the park is removing Adventure Express and flattening the land.

But aren't footers for The Bat still present in the vicinity of The Vortex?

Yes. In fact, if you look to your right on the ground just before you enter the station part of the queue, you can see one next to the entrance of the shed where they park the trains at night.

There's also a few of them under the helix and the first four inversions. During any given cycle of mine on Vortex, I've counted at least 6 or 7, or maybe even 8, at the most.

• Like 1

We looked at it's ghostly form looming through the fog last night, and all went "Huh."

We then turned out attention to what can possibly be taking its place. With it all in pieces like that, you can see that there's a really attractive chunk of area with access from both X-base and Action Zone. There were quite a few people playing Theme Park with that area on the Tower. Everyone wants something different to go there.

The corpse of Sob is a good excuse to use the Tower. Kings Island really is such a cute little park.

Could someone who went to the final day post demo pics please? It was dark and foggy when I sawit.

Really not much left of Son of Beast. Just the lift and some track.

2523437c4af8c9149768067ce1559825.jpg

Sorry the picture was taken with my cell.

Wow....I havent been to KI for a few weeks...Thats ALOT of difference since last time I was there. Not much left, When its all gone, All that will be left is the station and the trees that outlined it.

Wow....I havent been to KI for a few weeks...Thats ALOT of difference since last time I was there. Not much left, When its all gone, All that will be left is the station and the trees that outlined it.

The station will be dismantled along with the ride. I was told this by the lady at the top of the Eiffel Tower yesterday.

• Like 1

The second half of the ride is still in tact, remember they are parts of the ride you can't see even from the tower becasue it's blocked by the lift. The second helix till the break run are still in tact.

I realize we're talking about the difference between the words of the PR manager and of a ride op, but I somewhat wish the lady was right. My new pipe dream: Wolf Pack moves to Tombstone Terror-tory's location. I think at this point that a "haunted woods with sightings of werewolves" theme would make more sense than the "well, we're on a train, and sometimes there are robbers, and--oh no, would you look at that--there are some robbers right now, speak of the devil, so now you have to inexplicably get off the train and take a walk now" thing the trail had going on this year. TTT was more coherent (and thus a lot more engaging) in past years, when, as the train story went, there was a Wally who came across some cursed gold, lost his mind, and killed an entire village. The characters on the trail then actually had a purpose, as they essentially were the ghosts of the villagers brought back by the curse to get their revenge--unlike this year, when they were, uh... something?

• Like 1

Has anyone heard from the park if their track has shipped yet? I heard that it probably wouldn't be until the end of the month (I know there is rest of today and tomorrow), but the guy I talked to did say he was having a hard time hearing me... I just hope he copied my information down correctly.