Son of Beast roller coaster to be removed

Guest KingsIslandPR

I know Don has stated it both the old ride station and the Crypt would be used for the haunt events, but things can change in the years to come.

So Don is wrong?

Also, just because you "prefer" a wood coaster doesn't make it a likely possibility that the station would be reused. In fact, I'd say that it's highly unlikely.

My point wasn't that you can't have an opinion, it was that your prediction is highly unlikely.

Why is my prediction unlikely? Designers survey the lay out of the area of future expansion and see if any older ride stations could be incorporated into the new attraction. I am not saying Don is wrong but that things can change once designs are made and announced in the next few years. Nothing has been designed yet and until it has, construction plans and budgets finalized, nothing will be announced. Just wait and see what happens in the next 2 to 4 years from now.

Why is my prediction unlikely?

Read my original post instead of ignoring it. Logic would dictate that there's no good reasoning for building an attraction to specifically suit that station or build an attraction specifically around it.

Nothing has been designed yet

How do you know nothing's been designed yet? You like to point out time and time again how they don't tell line employees things. If they're designing something, I doubt they're going to let the Pet Care Shop in on their plans.

• Like 4

Look, I have stated my opinion on any new ride that might be made. It is no different than the roller coaster experts here that have voiced their opinion on this board regarding what might or not replace SOB. If you can not read into my message it is my opinion and not any one else like ice cream server guys, people in suits, ride ops or any one else, don't state that I have somehow been informed of any ride expansions because I work there. If you go back a few years, you will see how roller coaster fans have stated their opinion on hat new ride Cedar Fair will put in. Then after Firehawk, the threads began on a new coaster again, we got Diamondback. Now we have the same thing and with SOB being torn down, the predictions on what new expansion will take its place. Some want a wooden coaster while some want a steel coaster. Just as some have been opining what to do with the area with maps outlining what they think it has room for. Now if you think I have said they told me about their designs, then please point it out to me. I am no different than the KIC user that voices their opinion about any new future ride. If you can find where I have stated I heard it from this person, from these people walking around in suits, or the ice cream serving guy or any upper management type, then please point it out. Until then, please refer to my message that stated, "IN MY OPINION." I, like others here have an opinion on any new ride in that area.

KI ORIG EMP, for some reason your text has come up in an incredibly small Times New Roman font. I enlarged it here.

Look, I have stated my opinion on any new ride that might be made. It is no different than the roller coaster experts here that have voiced their opinion on this board regarding what might or not replace SOB. If you can not read into my message it is my opinion and not any one else like ice cream server guys, people in suits, ride ops or any one else, don't state that I have somehow been informed of any ride expansions because I work there.

Again, I'm not saying you're not allowed to have an opinion. I'm saying what you've predicted is unlikely. Sure, it's your opinion, but it's an unlikely possibility. Read into "my message" please.

If you go back a few years, you will see how roller coaster fans have stated their opinion on hat new ride Cedar Fair will put in. Then after Firehawk, the threads began on a new coaster again, we got Diamondback. Now we have the same thing and with SOB being torn down, the predictions on what new expansion will take its place. Some want a wooden coaster while some want a steel coaster. Just as some have been opining what to do with the area with maps outlining what they think it has room for.

Again, not saying there's anything wrong with having an opinion. You submitted your opinion for discussion, I discussed it. I can have an opinion that the earth is flat, doesn't mean that the earth really is.

Your opinion is that they'll re-use the station, I submitted an opinion that such a design is incredibly unlikely.

Now if you think I have said they told me about their designs, then please point it out to me.

Please read my posts. I never accused anyone of telling you their designs, I was questioning you when you said this:

I was asking how you knew NOTHING had been designed yet?

I am no different than the KIC user that voices their opinion about any new future ride.

Correct, you are no different and any other KIC user who posts something has given other users the opportunity to discuss their post. Which is what I'm doing here.

• Like 5

I tried to use the quote function and when I wrote my reply and clicked enter, it gave an error message of "quoted text to short" and would not post. So I copied it and pasted it in.

Your reply came through as if my position working in the pet care was I somehow over heard future ride plans as being how I knew instead of my just stating my opinion, just like al others have. But I say time will be the indicator if the park decides to incorporate the old station into any future designs and if not, will it interfere with anything else. I think designs will be made once everything will be removed from the old SOB site and surveys can be conducted. Any designs now would only be what something might look like on paper and not actual design drawings.

No, I do not design roller coasters and do not engage in any roller coaster simulation on the computer. I have been into model trains but would try to put a layout on paper on how I would like it to look like before did it for real. I have drawn how the layout of my rooms would look in a rough outline and then use a home design program to lay out the room according to scale and know what I need to do it or how things will look like. I just think the same way a ride designer might do it. Put it in a rough drawing before using a CAD program to design it. I am old school when it comes to putting things, on paper, just like I would write my computer code by hand, first starting with my flow chart, design layout and then write the code.

I was asking how you knew NOTHING had been designed yet?

Don has stated that planning for the cleared land will begin after Son of Beast is removed.

Management at Cedar Fair likes riding coasters, too. I'm sure options for this plot of land, among others, get a lot of thought on a continuous basis.

...and any other KIC user who posts something has given other users the opportunity to discuss their post. Which is what I'm doing here.

I agree 100%. When you post to a forum, you're inviting others to engage in civil debate and discussion. This may include disagreements and rebuttals. If your opinion about Kings Island is contrary to what the park's PR manager has announced numerous times, expect to be called out.

I've certainly made misstatements here, and I'm grateful to anyone who calls me out on it.

Nothing personal

What follows those words usually is personal. Could we please keep this debate civil?

Also, sarcasm gets old quickly.

• Like 3

I am about to invite the wrath of Jerome Silberman...my gut tells me that "he" is an alias for another poster here on the board. The majority of Jerome's 26 posts (so far) are negative. (You would think a member of a park fan site might have something nice to say about the park instead of just critiszing other member's posts.) I am guessing "he" does not want "his" other name to be connected with these type of comments and saves them for Jerome to post.

I might be wrong about this...but one thing is painfully obvious, "Jerome" has an axe to grind with KI-ORIG-EMP.

(Where's Avatar when we need him?!)

• Like 5

Either way, this is the most interesting conversation on this website for a long time. I don't see a problem with it.

Discussions tend to work best without people being needlessly rude or needlessly defensive. A little bit of respect can go a long way.

This isn't a posting on Twitter or face book. The objective of a discussion thread is to have a civil conversation, not to create pointless drama for the sake of entertainment.

• Like 2

There was no name calling or flaming. I don't see how it was rude or defensive. People's opinions and ideas differ, and if you can't handle some one disagreeing with you then you probably shouldn't express your opinion in the first place.

People disagreeing with each other isn't "pointless drama" or "entertainment."

• Like 5

(joining in really late on the conversation)

The Bat station had queues, a station floor and a transfer track. It was also very aesthetically pleasing. It was also compatible with other Arrow track. Son of Beast's station, on the other hand, was basically the opposite (save for the station platform).

I guess what I'm trying to say is this: The Bat station had more to offer than Son of Beast's, hence the repurposing and preservation of the building.

• Like 4

There was no name calling or flaming. I don't see how it was rude or defensive.

True, but you can be rude without resorting to name calling. Several of the posts seemed rude to me, hence my comment. Everyone is different, which is why it's important to be as respectful as possible if you want to keep conversations civil.

People's opinions and ideas differ, and if you can't handle some one disagreeing with you then you probably shouldn't express your opinion in the first place.

I couldn't agree more.

People disagreeing with each other isn't "pointless drama" or "entertainment."

My comment wasn't intended to imply that disagreement is "pointless drama". Rather, I was trying to make a point about social media sites seeming to thrive on "drama" that doesn't necessarily advance the discussion of the topic-at-hand. The purpose of these sites is to be as interesting (read "entertaining") as possible, so users keep checking their feeds every 2 minutes. Discussion threads, on the other hand, are best to read when they're civil and on-point.

I should have been clearer with that comment; thanks for pointing that out.

• Like 1