Son of Beast roller coaster to be removed

Guest KingsIslandPR

Here we go again! Stop judging people for how they spell,put two and two together. I sucked at English and spelling and still make a smack load of money.If you want to be a school teacher thats great,my parents are,but i know what hes saying, so just let it go! Makes me sick when i read everyone correcting each others grammar! Doesnt pay my bills,and like i said,im not hurting!

Except that the Terms of Service require posters to use proper spelling and grammar. It's the very first item on the page. If you still have a problem with people correcting others' spelling, take it up with the admins. We're just enforcing the TOS as they stand.

But really?? Come on? Its not like he is writing his essay for the SAT or anything. He is on an online forum. Its not that bad. I find it just as annoying when Im trying to see what people are talking about for future plans for the park and its hidden by people correcting the way someone writes. Let it go.

Not trying to be rude to you, just stating my opinion.

The money was just my diversion to get people off his back.I have no more than the average,i could still smack you with it! :P In regards to terms of sevice,isnt that someone elses job to make decisions on that? I mean,i dont see any of you correct Don when he makes a two word post,but jump all over some kid who is still learning.

• Like 1

I've corrected Don, and he's corrected me. But then, that's what friends are for.* And what, pray tell, is wrong with a two word post, sir?

And nearly everyone in this country claims to be middle class.

*Yes, that sentence ends with a preposition. That preposterous rule is the type of foolishness up with which I will not put.

Terp...moderation in all things. (Did someone mention a DIVERSION?)

Yeah, I've noticed how obsessed most of you guys are about spelling & grammar...I like people to use it correctly too, but, it's not like we're gonna say "YOU DIDN'T CAPATLIZE THE FIRST LETTER OF THE SENTENCE! That's against TOS. Banned forever!" - that's being very nitpicky...

• Like 6

I keep a copy of Webster's New World Speller Divider, which is based on the Webster's New World Dictionary on my desk, right next to my keyboard. It has followed me throughout my days while in college and has been handy as I prepared my cover letters and resumes. Proper English should be used, in both written and its spoken form, in our everyday lives and not just for school papers. You never know when the need will arise that requires you to compose a resume and cover letter in your search for that job or while at your job, a written report in a meeting or in response to your supervisor's request during a meeting. Or in forums like this in which you either respond or create a message thread on a topic that you care about. You want to read something that is easy on the eyes and is written properly. If it is not, then you will just bypass it and go on to another topic. I have found some people's written responses on other forums (not this site) that were so poorly written that you could not even read it. They have lots of misspelled words, all in caps, errors in grammar, run on sentences, and so forth. Attempting to even read those responses would give you a headache. The sad thing about these examples is they were written by adults and not by kids in middle or high school.

If not, I will... Two roads diverged after some treated wood. Will the park take the road less travelled by? That wood make all the difference.

Even though I only live seven minutes from the park, Saturday was the first time I'd been by there since closing day. I said to Mrs. Gator, "Something seems to be missing." I can't wait to test GatorGirl about what's missing when we drive by there again this Saturday. It certainly looks different, but I'm old enough to remember quite a few years without it being there in the first place.

• Like 4

The road on the far left is the access road that was between the lift hill and the hills after the drop out of the station

To the right of the road on the far right was where the first drop and loop were.

The dirt at the bottom of the photo is were the helix after the loop used to be.

r600x600.jpg

Cant wait to see this area maybe 5 years from now.

• Like 20

I've corrected Don, and he's corrected me. But then, that's what friends are for.* And what, pray tell, is wrong with a two word post, sir?

And nearly everyone in this country claims to be middle class.

*Yes, that sentence ends with a preposition. That preposterous rule is the type of foolishness up with which I will not put.

:rolleyes: Winston Churchill paraphrase

• Like 1

I cannot wait for this field to get new life, organic and non-organic life that is. Life by the lush green field that one may glide by on a roller coaster or a flat, and life by a steel, or mechanical "beast" that rolls through the "prairie" of what once stood the kingdom of a dead son.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, thanks for coming to my defense, but HTCO was only making a joke. (By the way, I liked the meme. Even though it was about me, I still laughed :D)

I'm only human, I make mistakes, and others are allowed to take notice of my mistakes with great Bill O'Reilly memes.

Captain Nemo, your picture is really great. Thanks for posting it here.

• Like 5

I agree. This forum does have a tendency to take things much to seriously. People need to learn how to take things in strides. Especially on the Internet. It makes everyone happy campers.

Now with this being said, is there times that a line can be crossed? Yes absolutely. But most of the time, that just isn't the case.

• Like 5