What kind of coaster should replace Son of Beast?

McSalsa

^ (xxdrumerkidxx)

Umm...X2 is at Six Flags MAGIC MOUNTAIN in California. There is a ride called X-Flight at Six Flags GREAT AMERICA in Illinois. However, Six Flags GREAT ADVENTURE in Jackson, NJ has no ride "X" named...they have El Toro, Kingda Ka, Nitro, Green Lantern, Bizarro, Batman The Ride, Superman UF, Rolling Thunder, and more but nothing that even STARTS with "X".

I think you were thinking of Magic Mountain's X2...

• Like 1

Sorry, I meant X2 at Magic Mountain. Thanks!

I will go back and edit that in a minute.

X2 is one crazy ride and a crazy ride it shall stay. But would I like to see a coaster like X2 at Kings Island? Of Course!! It would add another odd roller coaster to KI and give them even More variety than they already have.

I agree with Unchained!

Kings Island needs a new "Exotic" ride. I mean, Firehawk is kind of exotic, but still a common CF ride. Diamondback.. Ehh..

It would draw a HUGE amount of attention if Kings Island brought in a ride like X2, the only ride that flips while you flip! And it would be the only kind on this side of the US.

Drummer, not knowing geography to well!

^

I can. An Intamin Plug N' Play is a wooden coaster that, instead of being built on-site, has its wood laser cut in a factory by computers. Then, the wood is transported to the park and put together- kind of like LEGO pieces, if you've ever used/heard of those. This process results in super smooth wooden coasters that can be built quickly, and go higher than traditional, but the drawback is they cost a bit more than "traditional" wooden coasters. El Toro @ SFGadv, one such coaster, was named 2011's best wooden coaster by the Mitch Hawker wooden coaster poll, and none of them ranked outside The Top 10- that should say something about them.

Also worth noting: X2 @ SFMM is what's known as a 4D coaster- where the cars actually flip around, and it's seated a bit like a wing rider. B&M is actually rumored to be designing their own 4D coasters, but for right now, S&S Arrow is the only company that builds them (formerly, it was just Arrow, but they were purchased by S&S Power a while back...)

Hope this helps. ;)

• Like 1

Here is a Photoshop I did to show what I think could happen. I left Son of Beast in the background to show where this is in the park.

http://s1146.photobucket.com/albums/o539/zachclapper/?action=view&current=photoshop.jpg

The Luminosity stage would go where Thunder Alley is and a Leviathan type ride would stand behind it. It would give great visuals, IMO.

• Like 1

^ I know we're all entitled to our opinions but... What exactly looks boring to you about these two coasters?

iSpeed: http://rcdb.com/4147.htm Maverick: http://rcdb.com/3570.htm

Also neither of these rides features multiple launches as Maverick's first "launch" (I'm guessing that's what you were referring to) is its lift hill. Of course, I don't think multiple launches is a bad thing. Go ride Maverick in the front seat and see how bored you are.

Back on topic, I vote for a Blitz coaster or an Intamin Plug N' Play.

Maverick looks very exciting...not sure where you're getting that from. Before riding it I looked at the POV's and it looked intense, just by those. The quick, sharp turns, inversions, the launch, etc. - it's great. And actually riding it really showed how intense it was!

Id like a b&m giga and a GG woodie. No intamin blitz because they look boring and have to rely on multiple launches

As others have stated, Maverick is the complete opposite of boring! Have you ever been on it? It easily ranks as one of my top coasters, just behind Millennium Force.

I would gladly stand in line for 2+ hours to get on Maverick (which I have done several times)