Crowds This Season

tento18

I make a promise to myself to only go on week days because weekends are too crowded. Last year, weekdays were never really crowded and there was a 30 minute wait maximum at any ride. I'm not complaining, but does anyone else think that KI is much more crowded this season?

Yes - it's been much more crowded. I went on a Thursday planning out my marathon on Diamondback but there was a twenty minute wait for it for the first hour of opening and eventually a 30 minute wait. I also wanted to ride Firehawk, because I hadn't in awhile, and there was a 45 minute wait for it. The day reminded me of Disney World during the week!

We can blame the sunny, hot days for all the crowds over at Soak City and the dry part. But then if the park was not crowded, it would not stay open for long. Crowds means guests spending money and the more money they make, the more revenue that allows it to expand. When I visit an amusement park, I take for granted and allow the extra time it takes to wait in line for rides.

• Like 1

Kind of funny I went to KI on sunday a few weeks ago and it was dead! Max wait was 20 min I think and that was for FoF. 5 min for Beast, 7-10 min for DB, 15+ min for FD (didn't ride it.) becuase only one train running and DT and Deleruim was down. Everything else was walk on or 5 min or less.

just came from a date night with my wife... no kids. I don't think I have seen the parking lot that full in a while. We were there from 8-midnight. 2 (two) rides, one of which was Adventure Express, which I must say- I think is the best "themed" ride there now. Playing the Raiders of the Lost Ark theme in the line was a nice touch... didn't know they could do that.

Idea! Someone needs to develop an app that chronicles wait times for rides and attractions. Disney World has one of those... and it was THE most useful tool while there. Kings Island has an app- but between us girls... it's pretty useless. something that people can check their phones for wait times would be GREAT. we need to get some 10-year old on that!

• Like 2

Yes - it's been much more crowded. I went on a Thursday planning out my marathon on Diamondback but there was a twenty minute wait for it for the first hour of opening and eventually a 30 minute wait. I also wanted to ride Firehawk, because I hadn't in awhile, and there was a 45 minute wait for it. The day reminded me of Disney World during the week!

Hmmm the week before Christmas Magic Kingdom is a ghost town best time to go to Disney :).

Was at the park tonight too and it was jam packed! Full lines for just about everything! Some were overflowing too! Got much busier and got thier at 4pm. Busy= money, money= more improvements, more improvements= more FUN, (in stocks and guests.) more FUN= more happyness, more happyness= more equals.

just came from a date night with my wife... no kids. I don't think I have seen the parking lot that full in a while. We were there from 8-midnight. 2 (two) rides, one of which was Adventure Express, which I must say- I think is the best "themed" ride there now. Playing the Raiders of the Lost Ark theme in the line was a nice touch... didn't know they could do that.

Idea! Someone needs to develop an app that chronicles wait times for rides and attractions. Disney World has one of those... and it was THE most useful tool while there. Kings Island has an app- but between us girls... it's pretty useless. something that people can check their phones for wait times would be GREAT. we need to get some 10-year old on that!

That has always played that even before the Paramount days!

Cedar Point was also very busy today, they even sold out of Fast Lane passes.

I know that more guests equals more money, and that's okay with me. I guess It's just randomly crowded on some days. Every day that I go, it is very crowded. I haven't been on DB all season :(. I guess some days are just more crowded than others for some reason.

one of which was Adventure Express, which I must say- I think is the best "themed" ride there now. Playing the Raiders of the Lost Ark theme in the line was a nice touch... didn't know they could do that.

You sir deserve a cookie. Yes I can agree that AE would have to be the most themed, I can only wonder why CF doesnt like theming...

Also is it just me or may the Flight Deck may be up there with AE, with all the aeroplanes props and flight carrier props, it can be considered to be the 2nd or better yet the first soon if AE keeps on with the dilapidation..

Hmmm the week before Christmas Magic Kingdom is a ghost town best time to go to Disney :).

Besides holidays! ;)

Yes! My girlfriend and I were there lastnight with my niece. We were there from like 6 to 12:30 and I haven't seen the park that crowded in a long, long time. I did notice on the sign though that it was saying "Welcome" to quite a few groups and companies. If they're going to do group days, I wish they wouldn't try to accomodate like 5 or 6 groups in one day. You're just asking for un-Godly crowds and wait times on rides. I noticed even the Fast Lane lines were long. I wouldn't have called it "Fast Lane" lastnight! Maybe just "Faster Lane" lol. At one point, the Fast Lane line for The Beast stretched the entire length of the exit! I would estimate that the Fast Lane line for The Beast then was probably the weight for The Beast on a normal night. I don't know if I would've wanted to pay that kind of money to wait a half hour for The Beast! lol. Anyways yeah, super crowded and parking was insane! We got there at 6 and had to park down by Soak City and walk to the dry park. Definitely a crazy time!

I was at the park today and it was a busier then average day in my opinion. Good for the park. I caught myself staring at SOB a lot today, reminiscing the times I got to ride it - with and without the loop. Any day at the park is a good day - regardless of crowds in my opinion.

• Like 1

one of which was Adventure Express, which I must say- I think is the best "themed" ride there now. Playing the Raiders of the Lost Ark theme in the line was a nice touch... didn't know they could do that.

You sir deserve a cookie. Yes I can agree that AE would have to be the most themed, I can only wonder why CF doesnt like theming...

Also is it just me or may the Flight Deck may be up there with AE, with all the aeroplanes props and flight carrier props, it can be considered to be the 2nd or better yet the first soon if AE keeps on with the dilapidation..

Um... 2 things: 1. Adventure Express is looking better and better each time I go. What puzzles me is the fact that the 1st tunnel is dark (for now) and some lights in the 4 tunnel are out (pre-tiki men, tiki-men, and post-tiki men). 2. If Flight Deck is the 2nd best themed ride in the park, I guess Flight of Fear is somehow #3?