Snack Lines

Voicetek

Ok, so yesterday was pretty much my first experience waiting in line to by some kind of snack. Actually, I was only waiting for drinks because I decided to use one of my Fun Perks and get the unlimited drink wristband. Usually, we only go out for a few hours and don't really by any food or drinks. So I don't know if it was just yesterday, but my gosh, it took FOREVER to get through the line. The first time it was a snack station in Planet Snoopy. Not sure what it was called, but it was near what used to be Plankton's Plunge and they sold popcorn. There was literally only about 4 people in front of me and I stood in that line for atleast 15 minutes. I don't know what the workers were doing. These people were just ordering popcorn and drinks! Fill up the popcorn, hand it to the customer and keep moving. It was kind of ridiculous how long it took these people to do anything. Later that night before I left I decided to stop at the Cinnabon place and get a drink. There was only 1 family in front of me and again, I stood there for a good 15 minutes waiting. In the other line, these 2 girls had been standing there longer than me. After a while I started to wonder what they had ordered cause they must have been standing there for 20 minutes. Finally, the guy handed them a box with 4 Cinnabons in it. 4 Cinnabons...that's it! They waited 20 minutes for 4 Cinnabons! And it's not like they were out, the had shelves of them full and even some trays in the back with some on them that you could see. So the girls left and I'm still waiting. Finally I said screw it and left. I should've have to wait 20 minutes to get a drink. Is it like this all the time? Why was it taking the workers so long to do anything? 4 Cinnabons should take 5 minutes max. Take the money, grab the box, grab the 4 Cinnabons, hand them to the customer...next person. That's it. The family in front of me ordered some kind of smoothie thing. I swear the lady was making ice cream from scratch, and I must have watched her blend the mix 3 or 4 times. It was just frustrating. I had the free drink wristband, but was only able to make use of it twice because of all the time it was taking to get through the lines. Maybe it was just a bad day for them, but it seemed to be happening at multiple places. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

When I went to Soak City the line for the restaurant there (the one next to the wavepool) had about 6 people in it, and it took 5 minutes per person...you do the math. How hard is it to put in the person's order, then have them wait for their food? How can it take 5 minutes? At a sit-down restaurant, I think it takes one minute, not 5 !

The only problems I've had w/ food this year (other than it not being anything special) is the diet Coke in the festhaus has twice tasted very flat to me, even after taking it back once and waiting on them to change it out. The other problem is that it seems few bother to monitor how quickly they're going thru pretzels. I've had a few from places (like by The Beastie and dodge'em cars) that were hard as a rock. Thankfully the stand up by the great pumpkin coaster goes thru theirs on a regular basis and we able to replace the rock hard pretzels with fairly new soft pretzels.

I understand that food prices are high, the part I can't understand is why when you're willing to pay the price they are so slow serving you. If I were in management there I would want you in and served before you could change your mind, I guess being something approaching friendly is to much to ask for also.

• Like 4

There is healthy food at McDonald's. There are also less healthy choices. The same can be said of the park. Perhaps more so.

I woudn't say "healthy". Even the salads, which they say are fresh, filled with good nutrition, and what-not, have 400-500 calories. I remember my mom got a salad from some restaurant that was just salad with grilled chicken and italian dressing...she looked up the nutrition for it , and 700 CALORIES!

Unless you just want to eat apples as a meal at McDonald's! That's healthy! (Oh, and without the caramel dip) ;)

• Like 2

Add to it my first experience in Planet Snoopy of the season when my Wife refilled our souvenier cup and the lady dropped the lid/straw on the ground then gave it to the lady next to her who just ran it under water and then tried to give it back to us. needless to say, I pitched a fit. lady couldn't understand why.

There is healthy food at McDonald's. There are also less healthy choices. The same can be said of the park. Perhaps more so.

I woudn't say "healthy". Even the salads, which they say are fresh, filled with good nutrition, and what-not, have 400-500 calories. I remember my mom got a salad from some restaurant that was just salad with grilled chicken and italian dressing...she looked up the nutrition for it , and 700 CALORIES!

Unless you just want to eat apples as a meal at McDonald's! That's healthy! (Oh, and without the caramel dip) ;)

The salad itself is healthy but when you add all that cream dressing like thousand island, then it adds fat and other useless calories.

Healthy...Unhealthy...what difference does it make when they both taste nasty? McD's is the pits these days.

On the 2 occasions I have had a Burger in PS, they were great. The service was decent as well. Even had someone come up to our table and ask were we got our food. The wife's plate was LOADED with Chicken Tenders.

I have to ask the same question as terp...Did you tell Guest Relations?

Healthy...Unhealthy...what difference does it make when they both taste nasty? McD's is the pits these days.

On the 2 occasions I have had a Burger in PS, they were great. The service was decent as well. Even had someone come up to our table and ask were we got our food. The wife's plate was LOADED with Chicken Tenders.

I have to ask the same question as terp...Did you tell Guest Relations?

I should point out that these were not restaurants where I experienced the problem. It was mainly just the snack type places where they sell like popcorn and drinks and what not. And also the Cinnabon place. And to answer your question, no I did not tell guest relations but was wondering if maybe I should. I agree with some of the stuff some other people said, if you're going to pay those types of prices they should be mindful of getting you through the line with the best service possible. Waiting in line for 15-20 minutes to get a drink isn't acceptable in my opinion.

• Like 1

I will agree that getting a drink can be slow. They fill the cup then dump most of it out, fill again, dump again. I had one girl do this 4 times filling one cup. All the while she had to deal with a swarm of Bees.

They're dumping out the foam, because it's faster than waiting for it to go down. This is especially true for Coke and root beer, which foam more.

• Like 1

I will agree that getting a drink can be slow. They fill the cup then dump most of it out, fill again, dump again. I had one girl do this 4 times filling one cup. All the while she had to deal with a swarm of Bees.
They're dumping out the foam, because it's faster than waiting for it to go down. This is especially true for Coke and root beer, which foam more.

I used to work in fast food. I agree that Coke and Root Beer are the worst for foaming! I worked mainly through lunch rush and I didn't have time to wait on foam. So I figured out that if you tilt the cup and let the pop run down the side it doesn't foam as bad. I saved a ton of time during lunch rush once I figured this out. The customers were happier too lol. I still do this to this day any time I'm getting pop from a soda fountain. My girlfriend used to ask me why I tilted my cup and I showed her how it kept it from foaming. It's a pretty useful trick!

• Like 2

Sticking your finger in the foam also makes it go away faster. I found this out with my own drinks. Later when one of my kids friends saw me do this he said they do it at the fast food place he worked at too.

Oh lord! I think I'd rather wait on the foam then to have people sticking their fingers in my drink :blink:

• Like 2

You shouldn't have to take more time out of your visit to go to guest relations to explain what should be a minimum expectation. With all the blue shirts I see walking around I would think there should be some observation to see how guests are treated. Before I hear about low wages I would like hear from some members here that live in the Cedar Point area that may have been to Summit Motorsports Park. The track there uses some wierd law that allows them to pay less than minimum wage. Dispite that the employees are always friendly and bend over backwards to serve their guests. The owners are also no stranger to the guests, they are always visible thanking everyone they can for coming. Another note you can't get any of the employees speak poorly of their employer.

We were there about 1 1/2 weeks ago, and man it was like pulling teeth to get drinks. About 1/2 the places I would normally go were closed. Since we had the wristband, it was even harder. Between Planet Snoopy and International Street, The blue ice cream place was open, the popcorn/cotton candy place were open; Chick Fil A wouldn't take the wrist band; fudge shop wouldn't take wristband (Coke Freestyle machine), drink stand under tower was closed, the pretzel place was closed, the funnel cake place was slower than a 7 year itch (about 15 minute wait with the employees running around clueless about who ordered what and where)....The best place I was able to get a refill was in Skyline (went in there and was able to get 3 drinks w/o hardly any wait).

We still have four drink wristbands, but man, if that is what it takes to get a drink with it, not sure I will use it again.

I've always wondered why Skyline and LaRosa's will fill drinks with the wristband, but not Chick-Fil-A or Panda Express. Are the contracts for those places different than the others? All four of them are chains that exist outside of the park, so it seems like they would work the same way. Though obviously, they do not.