Snack Lines

Voicetek

Maybe she was having a bad day, maybe she is just not very good in that role. We all have different things we are good at.

Seriously folks, we've likely all had good and bad service - why do we have to guess about what may have happened to bat and Medford in such an antagonistic fashion?

Maybe someone that works for KI will read this and make some changes so we don't have to repeat our order 2-3 times and we don't have to wait 12 minutes AFTER we placed our order.

The only thing that needs changed is your attitude. I help out at my grandma's diner all the time and nothing gets on our nerves more than an impatient customer. Stomping around, yelling at us, and calling us names is not going to get your food out faster. If anything it'll just make us call the cops on you. And would you rather take 30 seconds to repeat your order, or have to wait another 10-15 minutes if the wrong order is given to you? Patience is a virtue, ignorance is not.

• Like 8

I think some of you are giving the girl who took my order and the order of my mother in law 2 spots up way too much credit/offerring her way to many excuses.

Could she have had a bad day? Sure. Could there be something going on in her life that leaves her distracted? Sure. I never once got upset or raised my voice or anything, whe was working to make sure things were right, which I appreciated, but I'm guessing the manager of that location would have been less than satisfied with her order taking capability. If I have to explain a basic order 4-5 times, think how long that slows the line down, cuts into profits at that store b/c people see a line longer than it should be and get something else.

The food was good, that was about all i cared about. I ate at the same skyline in the park last year and the buns were so stale that I haven't been back since. In fact, if not for the instant reward, I wouldn't have gone back again the other day. The quality of the coney compared to the coney I get at any other skyline was similar enough that I might stop by there again this season. However, if I saw the same girl taking orders again (not sure I could even pick her out of a lineup, so I'm not sure I'd even know) I probably continue on my way to something else. At the end of the day, customer satisfaction is goal #1. Waiting 12 minutes w/o explanation (perhaps there was a good excuse) or having to repeat your order 4-5 times takes away from ones customer satisfaction, which reduces the odds that said customer becomes a repeat customer, which limits the amount of revenue generated in that location.

And to get off the skyline example, and move to another location w/ a constantly sub-par product this season, the diet Coke in the festhaus has been very watered down several times (if not every time) At one point I was convinced the carbination was out, waited for them to change it out and my diet Coke was still flat. If we eat in the park, we typical stop by the festhaus and get pizza and a couple of pops. The Diet Coke has been so consitantly bad that we went to the LaRossas by Diamonback instead last time we went that route for dinner in the park. The diet Coke at that location was what you'd expect. At the end of the day, it may not matter to the park, but the festhaus lost a family of customers this season to another spot in the park b/c they're pop isn't up to snuff. Interstingly, across the festhaus at panda express, they're pop has been good all year.

I'm sure we'll go back to the festhaus again next season, but if their pop is sub-par, it may be the only time we dine there. Certainly we'll spend the equivalent elsewhere in the park, but if a manager's pay is based upon sales (I have no idea if that is the case) the person who manages the larossa's side of the festhaus will be seeing less sales. I'm not one to regularly voice my opinion if my service is poor or food is a lower quality than it should be. I'll return food if its unedible, but I'm pretty easy to please so a mix up doesn't bother me too often. However, I am one to vote with my pocket book. If a place is consistantly below my expected standards, there are other places I'll spend my money at.

Maybe she was having a bad day, maybe she is just not very good in that role. We all have different things we are good at.

Seriously folks, we've likely all had good and bad service - why do we have to guess about what may have happened to bat and Medford in such an antagonistic fashion?

Maybe someone that works for KI will read this and make some changes so we don't have to repeat our order 2-3 times and we don't have to wait 12 minutes AFTER we placed our order.

The only thing that needs changed is your attitude. I help out at my grandma's diner all the time and nothing gets on our nerves more than an impatient customer. Stomping around, yelling at us, and calling us names is not going to get your food out faster. If anything it'll just make us call the cops on you. And would you rather take 30 seconds to repeat your order, or have to wait another 10-15 minutes if the wrong order is given to you? Patience is a virtue, ignorance is not.

Nothing like wasting valuable tax dollars by calling the cops on impatient diners.

Why did you choose to quote me again here? I'm suggesting that those responding to you and Medford be less antagonistic but you feel the need to restate your issues? I'm confused - maybe next time I'll hop on the bandwagon telling you to just get over yourself.

• Like 5

Nothing like wasting valuable tax dollars by calling the cops on impatient diners.

The owner of the diner, who also pays taxes (not to make this a political debate), would certainly disagree with you.

• Like 3

My only complaint with foodservice is that they close down many places when the park is less busy. Yesterday they closed down Hank's, and I only had brought enough money for nachos. Because of this, I was unable to eat in the park. You can't get a sufficient amount of food anywhere else in the park for less than like 8 dollars.

• Like 1

My only complaint with foodservice is that they close down many places when the park is less busy. Yesterday they closed down Hank's, and I only had brought enough money for nachos. Because of this, I was unable to eat in the park. You can't get a sufficient amount of food anywhere else in the park for less than like 8 dollars.

Lots of areas besides food service reduce or close down locations when the park is not as busy to warrant keeping the location fully staffed. Why have all the food stands open when there are other locations that can take up the slack? Why keep all registers open when they are not busy? Just keep open one line rather than two or three. Fully staff the locations during the very busy times and when business slacks off due to small crowds and fewer employees, close some locations and send others to other locations or send them home. Same thing goes with rides during the end of August when students start going back to school. No need to keep all job locations fully staffed when the crowds die down and start sending employees home. Why pay employees when there is not enough work volume to justify staying open.

Lots of areas besides food service reduce or close down locations when the park is not as busy to warrant keeping the location fully staffed. Why have all the food stands open when there are other locations that can take up the slack? Why keep all registers open when they are not busy? Just keep open one line rather than two or three. Fully staff the locations during the very busy times and when business slacks off due to small crowds and fewer employees, close some locations and send others to other locations or send them home. Same thing goes with rides during the end of August when students start going back to school. No need to keep all job locations fully staffed when the crowds die down and start sending employees home. Why pay employees when there is not enough work volume to justify staying open.

I see your point, but why not close places that sell similar food? For example, close one of the two Skyline locations, or one or two of the three LaRosa's. Perhaps close one of the various places that sell hot dogs and hamburgers, or one of the two Potato Works (just not Rivertown). But of all places to close, Hank's makes the least sense. It's by far the most affordable for many guests, and they serve a type of food not available anywhere else in the park, as well as having two of the three Coke Freestyle machines. Not to mention, unless I've forgotten something, it's the only place to eat in Oktoberfest besides Festhaus.

Since when are nachos considered 'sufficient' food?

• Like 1

I'm 6 foot 2 and weigh 135, so I'm very small. But not small enough that I can get by on an Ice Cream cone. Nachos, however, will easily hold me over for at least a few hours. And to be honest, the portion sizes at Hank's are not small. Also, the fact that you can get anything on them at no added cost (except meats, which only add a dollar) means that you can get a reasonably sized plate of nachos and it will be affordable.

Nothing like wasting valuable bandwidth on ignorant posts.

I love how you compare bandwidth and cops time in the same breath.

You posted that you will call the cops on people if they complain on the service they receive. Are you serious?

In order to properly reply to a post, one must fully read and comprehend, said post.

He didn't just reply with "complain".

• Like 1

Nothing like wasting valuable bandwidth on ignorant posts.

I love how you compare bandwidth and cops time in the same breath.

You posted that you will call the cops on people if they complain on the service they receive. Are you serious?

I'm guessing you never learned about analogies. Since your Royal Highness only picked out certain parts of my post and disregarded the rest, you made an assumption that had nothing to do with the post. Calling workers and customers names is considered verbal abuse. Therefore we will call the Fuzz on you. I'm going to be the bigger person and end the debate here. So cheers, adios, and let's hope we never run into each other at the park.

• Like 2

Interesting thread, but the personal attacks are not customary to KIC.

I've certainly done my time in fast food, and I've seen it done well and not-so-well same as most of you.

The customer should reasonably expect to have their order hot, correct, and quick (3-5 minutes) after they place it - it's 'fast food'. They should also be polite, and bring any issues to the attention of the management.

I love KI, but the food is premium-priced, and it seems as though slow is the rule. End of season is tough - folks are tired, and many/most are heading back to school. The fun-raising groups have no exprience at all in many cases, so service might be slower but should still be acceptable.

There is so very much opportunity for improvement in this area, but it has to start with the management. They have to be attentive to the business, set the example, and get involved when necessary Gasp! the horror! YES - you have to help the staff by actually working with them, when necessary.

KI is definitely not unique in this. I asked the 'supervisor' at Hanks at King's Dominion to please top off my draft (it had ~2" head), and she said to me, "I thought that's why you drink draft beer". Um, no. I want the full portion for the price paid. If service is the same across the CF parks, then the change either has to start at the top so that the operating model can be changed, or food service management at the parks have to have some autonomy in the area so leaders can make a difference.

• Like 3

I would like to share my experience at the Skyline next to the scrambler today. I waited in line for only about 2 minutes before I could order which was fine but AFTER I ordered (large 3-way and six cheese coneys) I waited for over 10 minutes and my order was still not ready. I contacted the girl working and she took my receipt and walked in the back to ask and then came back and handed the receipt back to me without saying a word. At this point after watching the guy making the food move about as slow as one can move, I yelled into the window that I wanted my money back NOW!! She went ahead and refunded my money and I moved on my way.

KI needs to either pay their workers more money or get rid of these stiffs that they have working for them. I know that they are not all like this but ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!

I would like to share my experience at the Skyline next to the scrambler today. I waited in line for only about 2 minutes before I could order which was fine but AFTER I ordered (large 3-way and six cheese coneys) I waited for over 10 minutes and my order was still not ready. I contacted the girl working and she took my receipt and walked in the back to ask and then came back and handed the receipt back to me without saying a word. At this point after watching the guy making the food move about as slow as one can move, I yelled into the window that I wanted my money back NOW!! She went ahead and refunded my money and I moved on my way.

KI needs to either pay their workers more money or get rid of these stiffs that they have working for them. I know that they are not all like this but ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!

I just wanted to do a little critque about this scenario.

If I was in The Bat's shoes, I would not have been a happy camper either. If I am not mistaken, Skyline is already made, so how long should it take to make his order? I must agree that 10 minutes passing where the order was not ready yet is unacceptable.

What is most unacceptable to me is that the associate did not apologize to him after seeing how upset he was. I work at a busy call center and may have to deal with a customer who is very angry because of others' mistakes. While the others' mistakes may not have been my fault, guess what? The customer does not ( and should not) care and he is going to take his anger out on me. It is my job as an associate to de-escalate that call by apologizing to him and doing everything to correct the problem. Yes, maybe yelling is not the answer but I don't see anywhere that The Bat cussed at the associate. If you are in customer service and expect customers to not be angry, then you have no business in customer service.

I agree that everyone has the right to be treated with respect and dignity, including employees. It just seems like I am seeing too many excuses for employees' doing a mediocre job. ( They may have had a bad day, etc.) In my opinion excuses are simply unacceptable.

Bat might think it was 10 minutes, but how often do you time your order from start to finish? How many orders were made before he placed his order? That preparer is making the orders in the order in which they were received. At what time was it placed? I know when business slacks off during a period of time, it is not uncommon for employees to be sent home rather than have more employees for the level of business. I bet the actual time was around 5 or 8 minutes and it seemed like it was 10 minutes. But if in fact if did happen or it was slower than what it should had been, then the proper thing would had been to report it to Guest Services at the front gate and tell them what happen and the location and what you expected to be done about it. But I would not come on to this site and rant about what you thought was poor service. I have been a customer service rep for FedEx and I know about irate customers that call to complain. But any cussing a customer makes to the CSR is when we state to them that tone of voice is not called for and if it continues we can and will hang up on them as per our SOP. Now if I was a fast food employee and I had a customer start yelling at me about an order like this and I thought it was unwarranted and he kept on getting abusive to me, I will tell him to serve him self as I told him where to shove it as I quit. I don't care how you feel about the lack of service that you received, never yell at the order taker (making minimum wage) but contact the corporate office, but in this case, Guest Services. Cussing or not cussing, any type of loud voice or yelling is not called for.

^I do agree with you that any complaint should have been brought to the attention of Guest Services or a manager. ( One of the "blue shirts"-lol.) I have had only a few issues over the years with service and have always been very happy with the way Guest Services has responded. While I do agree with you that employees should not have to put up with verbal abuse, I do not think it is reasonable to expect a customer who has not had a good experience not to be angry and to not express this anger. Again, if a customer service associate is not prepared to deal with a customer expressing anger at mediocre service, then he or she has no business in customer service.

The person behind the counter at the food stand is not trained to the same level as the person at Guest Services is. When I was a CSR at FedEx and when a customer was so angry and it was evident that I could not do anything further, we had a team of CSR's that soul job was to handle these type of complaints and had more authority to solve and handle them, all without having to be bother by their handle time (a measurement of time from when a called is taken to its conclusion), which we as CSR only had 120 seconds to take a call and finish it. But look at the way that lady from Chic-Fil-a handled that jerk that berated her. Any other might had dumped that order in his lap but their training allowed her to keep her cool and make him look as the fool he was. Associates at the park are not hired by the chains such as Skyline but by the park and their customer service skills might be different at the actual Skyline restaurant. But do take into account how busy the stand was and the number of employees filling the orders. Or try working behind the food counter and ask yourself, how would you react if a customer acted like this to you? How would you feel?

• Like 1

Are you serious?

I am and you're done.

Why was I suspended for saying "Are you serious?"

I posted earlier in this thread that I had a problem with the workers at Skyline and I was attacked by some posters for voicing my displeasure.

Why weren't they suspended?

I never cursed or threatened anyone and I was suspended for giving my opinion on a bad restaurant experience.

• Like 1