Your Kings Island HAUNT Attraction

TheBEASTunchained

As the Kings Island Halloween Haunt months approach, I thought it would be an appropriate time to seek new and different ideas for the coming years. If You could make/design your own attraction for Halloween Haunt at KI what would it be? What type of effects would it have? Where would its location be in the park? and Do you think your idea could help Kings Island with future HAUNT ideas?

Although I know this is not possible due to many multiple reasons, I would love it if the train took you out to SC, dropped you off, and they said, "Find your way back." The good part is that the train tracks and pathways are blocked off, so you have to wander through the woods filled with military-themed screamsters, until you find the park again. Of course they would have to have some lighting, checkpoints, and areas blocked off, but that would be freakin scary. The screamsters would have rifles (with blanks of course), ghillie suits, tree stands, and other fun military-type things :)

That would be intense.

Although I know this is not possible due to many multiple reasons, I would love it if the train took you out to SC, dropped you off, and they said, "Find your way back." The good part is that the train tracks and pathways are blocked off, so you have to wander through the woods filled with military-themed screamsters, until you find the park again. Of course they would have to have some lighting, checkpoints, and areas blocked off, but that would be freakin scary. The screamsters would have rifles (with blanks of course), ghillie suits, tree stands, and other fun military-type things :)

That would be intense.

that would be awesome

1. Australian/BB revenge

2. Fog, indoor attraction/outdoor, scaractors, hydrolic props, props, didges, etc (Look at Halloween Haunt thread for more details)

3. Soak City area/walkabout

4.Yes, its a new idea (I may use it for a haunted house this year (Aussie nightmare time)) that has not been used often to my knowing.

Off the top of my head: do one themed to Davy Jones and the Flying Dutchman (a la Pirates of the Caribbean, though obviously with no actual references) in Soak City. All props (such as treasure chests, crewmen barracks, cannons, weaponry, etc.) and walls would have that crusted, calcium-deposited look of something that's been underwater for years and years, and the scareactors' costumes would blend into the scenery (in the same vein as CornStalkers) so that you're never quite sure what's a prop and what's about to scare you. Sounds of a creaking ship mixed with very distant-sounding, slow-tempoed organ music and evil-sounding laughter would be played over the Soak City speaker system.

The trail would "climax" with the victims entering the Flying Dutchman, a large, intimidating ship facade mounted on one of the buildings in Soak City, where Davy Jones himself would make an appearance. From the entrance, the guests would weave their way through various wooden halls of the ship, with physical scratches running with increasing frequency down the halls as the theming indicates you're nearing Jones' lair (including a gradual increase in organ volume.) The guests would reach the main "chamber" of the ship, complete with a flashy distraction, Jones' floor-to-ceiling organ, which is framed in shadows. Upon the victims' entrance, the organ music mysteriously cuts off--and they are quickly rushed by the fiercest of Davy Jones' crew, who were hiding behind the organ.

Guests would then move (run?) for the exit, a simple doorway down a hall off to the side. However, Jones himself steps into the doorway--and just as the guests reach him, several trap doors along the hallway slide open, revealing rows of cannons that immediately "fire" with a loud boom (played through additional speakers hidden nearby) and a cloud of "smoke" (which is actually fog that's placed to cover Jones as he disappears to wherever the actor decides to hide nearby.) The guests then exit the "ship" and follow a path back to wherever the entrance would be located.

Perhaps it could replace Cut-Throat Cove. Then again, with how heavily it (unintentionally) borrows from PotC, it's probably copyright infringement to use the idea. Oh well--you asked, didn't you? :P

This is an interesting topic... I'm sure I'll be thinking about this some more.

• Like 3

That would be intense.

It makes me think, what would be cool is an actual haunted maze. With dead ends, mirrors, etc. But at dead ends there's a monster as well as roaming around the maze.

• Like 2

That would be intense.

It makes me think, what would be cool is an actual haunted maze. With dead ends, mirrors, etc. But at dead ends there's a monster as well as roaming around the maze.

Man with a bit of fog and lights that would be awesome :P !

• Like 1