Possible Ride Station Location?

Hey Guys!

I was puttsin around on bing maps looking around KI when i noticed a large area of land between Adventure Express and Delirium behind Sling Shot. Do you think that KI would consider placing a station there for a new coaster in 2013-14? Since we now know that SOB will be gone very soon, this location could be a potential spot for a ride to begin and take course on the once SOB land. It would expand the small oktoberfest area.

If you don't understand, heres a pic of what im talking about:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kitchenslayer/7674252994/in/photostream

Can't wait to see what you guys think,

DBI

All of that stuff in the area is what remains of King Cobra. So no, its not for a new coaster unfortunately. I do love the idea of putting a coaster there though! With Son of Beast being removed it could occupy much of that soon to be available real estate also!

• Like 2

Hey Guys!

I was puttsin around on bing maps looking around KI when i noticed a large area of land between Adventure Express and Delirium behind Sling Shot. Do you think that KI would consider placing a station there for a new coaster in 2013-14? Since we now know that SOB will be gone very soon, this location could be a potential spot for a ride to begin and take course on the once SOB land. It would expand the small oktoberfest area.

If you don't understand, heres a pic of what im talking about:

http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream

Can't wait to see what you guys think,

DBI

That makes a lot of sense DBI. I've seen that empty space but never really thought about Kings Island using it for a coaster station, I just thought it was going to be extra storage space. Great Idea

I would definitely put the line entrance in between the go-cart entrance and the Ice-Scream stand. The path by slingshot gets so congested, people tend to just stop mid walk and stare at slingshot, I can't even imagine another ride entrance being right there.

• Like 1

If I may be so bold... submitted for your consideration...

1. An aeriel view of Canada's Wonderland, pre Leviathan. The highlighted areas show the grounds as they existed before the coaster was installed.

Wonderland-1.png

2. An aeriel view of Kings Island, with an unmistakably similar area highlighted.

KIOverview-1.png

3. Hmmm..?! ;-)

Am I saying Kings Island is getting a clone, or version of Leviathan?

No.

But I do think there's a great place for one at the park. From what I understand, Leviathan is an absolute shash hit at Wonderland... as was Behemoth. And if you recall, Diamondback followed Behemoth in installation.

None the less, Wonderland and KD both feature coasters over the 300 mark. I wouldnt be at all surprised to see KI and Carowinds follow suite someday.

*Sigh* Wishful dreaming? Maybe. But fun to speculate ;-)

• Like 13

I would definitely put the line entrance in between the go-cart entrance and the Ice-Scream stand. The path by slingshot gets so congested, people tend to just stop mid walk and stare at slingshot, I can't even imagine another ride entrance being right there.

True. I also think there would be more room over there (for a giftshop) incase they wanted to "reel" more money in. Sad, but true.

All of that stuff in the area is what remains of King Cobra. So no, its not for a new coaster unfortunately. I do love the idea of putting a coaster there though! With Son of Beast being removed it could occupy much of that soon to be available real estate also!

I didn't mean that. I knew about the King Cobra remains. i just thought itd be cool to put a ride there lol

I didn't mean that. I knew about the King Cobra remains. i just thought itd be cool to put a ride there lol

I would be "cool" with a new ride of any kind in any place at Kings Island, But I do think it would be cool to see an extension of Action Zone, going into Son of Beast's old resting grounds.

Shaggy, almost all of the land you hilighted in your post of Kings Island is maintenance roads. I'm not saying it is impossible to work it's way around them, I'm just saying that Canada's Wonderland's was all empty land.

As my stepfather's fraternity buddy says, "I ain't sayin' anything, I'm just sayin'."

I hope and pray we don't get a B&M Giga. I just don't see the point. We have Diamondback, I just don't think we need bigger Diamondback. Now an Intamin Giga... I'd take one of those happily in a heartbeat. But you'd not see me show up on opening day and wait in a 5 hour line for a ride we essentially already have.

OK PICTURE YOU ARE AT Kings Island AND YOU WENT UP ON THE TOWER AND THE FIRST THING YOU SAW OFF THE ELEVATOR IS THIS?.......COME ON Kings Island......YOU CANT JUST REPLACE SOMETHING BIG WITH SOMETHING SMALL......JUST GO BIGGER......GIVE FOLKS A REASON TO GO TO Kings Island.......

36f2e8oq4ehe457i4d8000.jpg

• Like 2

aqafb.png

I quickly made this in paint, so don't mind the awful quality of everything.

Obviously the green is the layout of the roller coaster, this being a B&M Giga similar to Leviathan. One black box is the station, the other being a gift shop that the exit passes through. An entrance plaza would be behind Delirium and connect to Oktoberfest by Slingshot, and also to Action Zone near the go-carts.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

The layout is cool. I like that. But the location stinks, quite frankly. I guess one could call me an Adventure Express activist, but I will reiterate what I have stated in the past: No rides by Adventure Express! And while you're at it, plant some trees that will actually grow tall (unlike the few dogwoods we got in Rivertown) and plant them by the first tunnel so as to obstruct Drop Tower and our Skycoaster!

What happened to our secluded Express? :(

• Like 5

The layout is cool. I like that. But the location stinks, quite frankly. I guess one could call me an Adventure Express activist, but I will reiterate what I have stated in the past: No rides by Adventure Express! And while you're at it, plant some trees that will actually grow tall (unlike the few dogwoods we got in Rivertown) and plant them by the first tunnel so as to obstruct Drop Tower and our Skycoaster!

What happened to our secluded Express? :(

OK PICTURE YOU ARE AT Kings Island AND YOU WENT UP ON THE TOWER AND THE FIRST THING YOU SAW OFF THE ELEVATOR IS THIS?.......COME ON Kings Island......YOU CANT JUST REPLACE SOMETHING BIG WITH SOMETHING SMALL......JUST GO BIGGER......GIVE FOLKS A REASON TO GO TO Kings Island.......

36f2e8oq4ehe457i4d8000.jpg

This picture absolutely amazes me.

Why?

Because I have such vivid memories of going to KD in it's early years (1970's) and thinking how enormous the Rebel Yell was. Then they built Anaconda when I was in my first year of college and I thought "My Lord that's a big coaster." Now... by comparison... !!!

• Like 2