Possible Ride Station Location?

If I were Kings Island, I wouldn't name it Mammoth because of Holiday World. Still, there's no reason why they couldn't....

Let's start a rumor that Kings Island is building a new coaster called Mammoth... ;)

Yes there is. Trademark. Lawsuit. Confusion.

There's three. Just to start.

No Mammoth at Kings Island. Not now or any time soon.

• Like 1

Even if we don't get a new coaster, it will be fun to speculate like it was for Diamondback all through 2008 when it was being built. Like trying to figure out the name, and logging on to the website at midnight to see the teaser thing that scared the crap out of everyone. Good times

• Like 6

If I were Kings Island, I wouldn't name it Mammoth because of Holiday World. Still, there's no reason why they couldn't....

Let's start a rumor that Kings Island is building a new coaster called Mammoth... ;)

Is Mammoth trademarked?

Is Mammoth trademarked?

I personally don't see how a name like Mammoth can be trademarked. I could see names like Top Thrill Dragster or Intimidator 305 being trademarked but not "Mammoth". The name is to simple. It would be like trademarking the name of a ride "Viper" or "Hurricane".

How about a ride like Wild Eagle from Dollywood!? I haven't been on it but that ride looks amazing! Could you immagine something like that in the trees? .......awesome

I was not impressed with the ride at all. Maybe I was expecting too much. For a winged coaster, Skyrush was much, much better one.

How about a ride like Wild Eagle from Dollywood!? I haven't been on it but that ride looks amazing! Could you immagine something like that in the trees? .......awesome

It does look amazing! The eagle design of the cars is very cool (and nicely crafted). I've only seen some POV's on YouTube, and from what I've seen, the surrounding environment isn't quite ready to make that ride as thrilling as it has the potential to be; however, the terrain and foliage around Kings Island could bring a whole new and unique dimension of enjoyment to a ride like that one.

If they build a new ride in the general area of Son of Beast I hope they DON'T use the station. The queue line leading up to the station is a confusing mess to most people. Many people get lost trying to get to flight deck. That area seems to be poorly planned and just plain confusing, especially in october when they throw in club blood for line number 3. Hopefully they re-work the queue so that it only goes to flight deck. A new line for future attractions could go between thunder alley and the restrooms.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't care what the name will be as long as it's a giga. Haven't experienced a B&M giga, but I have been on Millenium and I love that one. If the B&M's are as good as what folks are saying, then I'm all for it.

I like what Shaggy posted, but I was figuring that they would utilize the old SOB spot considerably more...I had heard an old rumor that the folks at KI don't want to place anything in there that at least "appears" to be larger than the Eiffel Tower. Then again, that may have changed by now. Was that some of the reason that SOB was built where it was and the way it was? Meaning, it appeared to be lower than the tower from the interstate.

• Like 1

If they build a new ride in the general area of Son of Beast I hope they DON'T use the station. The queue line leading up to the station is a confusing mess to most people. Many people get lost trying to get to flight deck. That area seems to be poorly planned and just plain confusing, especially in october when they throw in club blood for line number 3. Hopefully they re-work the queue so that it only goes to flight deck. A new line for future attractions could go between thunder alley and the restrooms.

If a new attraction was placed in the station that formerly housed Son of Beast, it wouldn't be a confusing mess. The reason not many know where Flight Deck is is because of the lack of a beacon that draws the crowd that way.

When Son of Beast operated, you would find a train cresting the towering wooden lift hill, with the perilous riders screaming "Hey! A ride's over here! Come over! And you might find a little something next to it!" But now, that area of Action Zone is dead because the GP who only visit the park once a year assume it is just a dead end.

If a new attraction was placed in the station that formerly housed Son of Beast, it wouldn't be a confusing mess. The reason not many know where Flight Deck is is because of the lack of a beacon that draws the crowd that way.

When Son of Beast operated, you would find a train cresting the towering wooden lift hill, with the perilous riders screaming "Hey! A ride's over here! Come over! And you might find a little something next to it!" But now, that area of Action Zone is dead because the GP who only visit the park once a year assume it is just a dead end.

Another thing about that area, it seems like they true to hide flight decks sign. Unless you walk past x-treme sky flyer, you can't even see the sign, let alone the ride itself. They need to make sure the guests know "HEY THERE'S A RIDE OVER HERE!" and one sure fire way to not do that is to tuck the sign of the only ride back there into a little corner. And that sign would have to be one of my favorites in the park:) shame

^ (On how a Giga might look if placed where SOB now sits)

Driving up to Kings Island from Indy, the way we usually come up to it, Diamondback, when the park first comes into view, while not quite as big as the Eiffel Tower, clearly "challenges" it for dominance in the skyline...

cincy09_67.jpg

While it doesn't appear taller than the Eiffel Tower, you can see that Diamondback DOES come close. Son of Beast is also clearly visible in this picture as well as Drop Tower. Not sure in WindSeeker would show up in a modern version of this photo due to its location. If a B&M Giga were built where SOB now stands, it would appear, from this angle to be about the same size as Diamondback...because it's further away...(Drop Tower would actually be closer, so unless we are talking a 350-foot giga coaster or something...)

At least, from this direction...from the other side, a B&M Giga might actually look bigger than the Eiffel Tower...

the park does need some rollercoasters but it also needs something else more than anything...

New flats! I know WindSeeker was added last year but the park just needs more flats there are only 3 flats in the Action Zone, 2 in octoberfest i mean seriously! Octoberfest was originally the flat ride centre but look at it now!

Dissagree or agree but its just MO