Possible Ride Station Location?

Does anyone else think something like a dive machine would fit in well over where SOB is? I mean its alittle off the Action Zone, but it would definatly bring people to that side of the park. That side of the park will look empty in the skyline once that mamoth is gone, and something of similar size would fill the void. In my opinion dive machines look very impressive, and although their ride experience is not my favorite, the GP loves them and it would drawpeople to the park.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

After visiting the park yesterday, specifically visiting the Action Zone (something I usually don't do), I looked over into this area, glanced up at SOB, and then down at Thunder Ally. Then I really got to thinking about how they have to up something there soon, and with the rumors about them retiring TA with SOB, I thought of an awesome and at least semi practical idea for the park. I know I'm just dreaming, but I think that a B&M invert similar to Talon would fit in great there. Just make it taller, faster, and lengthen/modify the layout to fit the area. Paint it bright colors kind of like Talon's, give it some cool lighting, and add a flat spin (like Talons final element) right about where the entrance to TA is, but put it over a pool with colored fountains (similar to those on I. Street). It would fit the Action Zone really well and give it a breath of fresh air and along with a renovation/clean-up of the rest of the AZ, this would make that area really come back to life. Any thoughts?

I never said the Action Zone has nothing, it actually has a lot, I'd say second to maybe the Coney Mall. But the Action Zone has nothing NEW. The last new thing there was Delirium right? And it seems as if every section of the park aside from the AZ has got some thing new in the past 10ish years (except maybe I. Street), and that leads to the area being over looked more or less. I think it's the Action Zones turn to get a new coaster to draw people to the area, clean it up, and make it look brand new.

• Like 1

I never said the Action Zone has nothing, it actually has a lot, I'd say second to maybe the Coney Mall. But the Action Zone has nothing NEW. The last new thing there was Delirium right? And it seems as if every section of the park aside from the AZ has got some thing new in the past 10ish years (except maybe I. Street), and that leads to the area being over looked more or less. I think it's the Action Zones turn to get a new coaster to draw people to the area, clean it up, and make it look brand new.

The best Action Zone was when they still had King Cobra and SOB. You can't make it any better than that.
  • Like 2

I think Oktoberfest needs something, just not a coaster. A coaster wouldn't fit (unless we remove the pond and put in a dive machine with a splash down! (kidding)), but I agree, maybe like a new log flume behind Sling Shot by Adventure Express, just one that doesn't destroy the area(shoot the rapids). But the reason I think AZ needs something first is not only because the park needs a coaster, but AZ seems to be in a state of disrepair, or at least the paths and the general feel. Where as there may not be a whole lot in Oktoberfest, at least it feels clean and kept well.

• Like 1

My take on Oktoberfest is this, its more of a path way connecting Action Zone to Coney Mall. I know people probably hate hearing that but that is just my opinion. Out of every 5 visits I take to the park, I probably stop in Oktoberfest once. I personally beleive that it is one of the prettiest places in the park, just not much thrill; which is what I am looking for. I like it that way too. In my opinion, here are the real areas of the park: INternational Street, Planet Snoopy, AZ, Rivertown and Coney Mall.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...