Possible Ride Station Location?

Here's a general topography of the area from Google Earth:

28vg02e.png

While it's tough to see, the track on the middle-right side of the picture is Adventure Express and the shadowy building in the distance is FOF. Now, unless you want to want to walk down and up that big downgrade, I wouldn't want a path going down that way. Plus, it would subtract even more from Adventure Express's experience.

• Like 3

^I hope you're Just Kidding. ( ;))

I'm really not.

Aside from the obvious terrain issues that would add to the overall cost and the fact that its way too long, there are access roads that would need to be re-routed. The service point going from the bottom of the hill (where guests would queue up for Trail of Terror) would have to go all the way around Dinosaur's Alive, the nearest adjacent point being the fireworks site. Not to mention, maintenance crews would have a difficult time getting their vehicles into areas such as Firehawk, Flight of Fear, The Racer, Adventure Express, and Delirium while the park is open since there is a path blocking them in.

• Like 1

Well that path would certainly open up a "new area" I don't think they'd just put a path in to put a path in, but rather put a path in to take you along a new set of rides, games, shops, eateries, restrooms, etc....

Sure the earthwork would be costly, but if they ever want to use that land in that area, earth work is going to be required anyways, might as well start it in 2013 in anticipation of a couple big additions in 2014, 15, 16, etc..

• Like 2

Maybe....?

ScreenShot2012-10-29at95729PM.jpg

Do you realize how long this path would be??

Exactly! You'd be able to get to X-base in the same amount of time by going around through Coney Mall. Why anyone would think this is a good idea is beyond me.

In my eyes it's not a "path", but a new area. New rides, shops, restrooms, etc.

• Like 3

I think the park could develop out into areas not previously thought of before. In 1972, who would have thought a major use of the train would be give people rides to a water park? Or, when they built the International Restaurant, would they ever have imagined that it would later be used for an event by a group of people that typed messages about Kings Island on a (probably not-yet-invented) personal computer?