7-30-12 TR

jdawg1998

I haven't been to Kings Island since early June so I was very excited to go today! I went with my neighbor, Jake, who I'd never been with before at Kings Island. We expected to be there on an empty day but, of course, it was packed. I just don't understand the crowds.

We got there at 11:30 (so no ERT :( ) but we only waited about ten minutes for Diamondback (long looking line, but it moves very fast). I tried to get Jake to put his hands up the whole ride but he didn't. Oh well! As always a great ride, but it's honestly getting tamer and tamer everytime I ride it. The Racer is more intense than Diamondback!

Since it was noon, instead of riding another ride, we ate at the Rivertown LaRosa's. I was really confused; the combos had two pizzas on the plate instead of one, like I was used to. When going up to the cashier, she asked, "Did you ask for two or is it part of the meal?" So I guess this is new...

By this time already we'd drinken about 9 cups of water - it was hot! After our quick lunch break we thought we would ride Vortex, but the line streched the outside and more. Guessing about a half hour wait. Who would've thought that? I was disapointed because I haven't been on Vortex in more than a year.

Of course, once again, we thought we would be able to get on Flight of Fear and Firehawk in about twenty minutes, but no. The wait signs said 50 minutes for both, with Flight of Fear's filling up the whole outside queue. Firehawk wasn't full, but with the slow operations, I can see how it's 50 minutes. Since we're impatient, we skipped both. I was disappointed about that too because I haven't been on Firehawk since 2010!

Finally! We both thought as we saw The Racer's 10-15 minute wait. Just because it was such a short wait, we waited for front seat on Red. Unfortunately, we lost. Also, I tried to put my hands up on it but I just couldn't. Too rough. I can't be the only one on here that puts there hands up on Diamondback but not Racer (and Beast)?

Our impatience had already gotten annoyed so we waited for Adventure Express, which looked long (almost extending to the entrance) but was only about 15 minutes, add on the 5 minutes we waited for front seat. I love the ride, it's actually a pretty cool ride with decent lateral G's, but everytime I get to the second lift hill it disappoints me when it ends on such an exciting note.

On our way into Action Zone, I noticed Delirium was closed...again! Oh no! There was no work being done on it, either. What's up with that?

Invertigo - long wait. Drop Tower - long wait. Even the ice cream place - long wait (this is all relative; for a Saturday these lines would be normal). Like always, Flight Deck had a 15 minute wait. We real quickly got on and off it. It's a very fun ride. I really hope it doesn't go anytime soon. It's actually really intense (more than Diamondback!).

My butthead friend decided he was "tired" after two hours at the park. The plan was for my dad to pick us up at 5:30 (he works on Fields Ertle...however you spell it) but he called his mom to pick us up (she wasn't too happy!)

While waiting, we were right on time for Ed Alonzo's Pyscho Circus of Magic & Mayhem. I was so excited to see it. The theater was full; a great sight to see. I'm not exaggerating; the show was the best show I'd seen, even being only 20 minutes, and this is also competing against The Jersey Boys on Broadway! Everyone in the audience laughed hysterically, the magic tricks left me completely puzzled, and I loved the duck riding the toy car! The dancing girls were not inappropriate at all. They were not revealing anything at all except their legs; not even that much clevage...seriously. People get upset over nothing!

I hope that Soak City guy isn't lurking here anymore...

The day was very nice and relaxing, instead of long and tiring. I was expecting to stay till 5:30, but it was still fun.

EDIT: Dang it! Just now realized I didn't use my Gold pass for FUN Perks! :angry:

• Like 4

Wow it's kind of crazy that it was that packed on a Monday. I haven't been on a Monday in years, but I remember that Monday's were always the best day to go! I was there on Saturday evening and could hardly move it was so packed! Waited 2 hours for The Beast! The crowds do seem a lot worse this year for some reason. Glad you had a good day and that you enjoyed the magic show. I haven't gotten to see it yet, but I plan to at least once before the end of the season!

without getting in depth too much- the Circus show IS very inappropriate for kids. Wait about 15 years when you have young kids, daughters particularly, and try to sit while several 18-24 year old girls are scantily dressed dancing seductively on stage at a family attraction.

By your post, I'm guessing your a mid-teen boy. not surprised you liked the dancing; I would have too at that age. When half their audience is kids, I'm not sure who they're dancing for.

without getting in depth too much- the Circus show IS very inappropriate for kids. Wait about 15 years when you have young kids, daughters particularly, and try to sit while several 18-24 year old girls are scantily dressed dancing seductively on stage at a family attraction.

By your post, I'm guessing your a mid-teen boy. not surprised you liked the dancing; I would have too at that age. When half their audience is kids, I'm not sure who they're dancing for.

Very inappropriate for kids?

The dancing was not even that inappropriate at all. It was just like any other dancing you'd see at a show. The clothes they were wearing, like I said, revealed nothing but legs, arms, and some stomach..also, the reason I liked the dancing was because it was good, not because they were dressed the way they were and the way they danced.

we'll circle back on this point when you're 35'ish. We were there at the show yesterday and were not alone in vacating the theater. A non-dipping dots employee of the park even remarked that the number of families with young kids that leave by the middle of the show is staggering.

did you turn around after every act and every joke to see what was going on?

I'm not going to argue the point. You're entitled to yours.

I've owned a season pass for 23 of the 40 years of the park, spend a fist full of cash every time we go- and as one of their long-time patrons- I'm saying the show is inappropriate and they could do better. the guy even asked an 8-year old boy (audience volunteer)- what the he## he was doing? granted it was jokingly, but...

Will that keep us from the park, no. We're taking our kids tonight.

Anyway, like I said, jot in your calendar to circle back on this conversation with Mr. Schrute 20 years from now when you're in your mid-thirties.

Seriously, not sure what you are expecting, but those waits on DB, FD, AE, Racer and the ones you didn't ride sound like summer normal not excessively long/packed/crowded.

Even Vortex didn't seem too bad as there are no real station queues anymore (with Fast Lane) and it chews through a line like DB.

Walkon Days for everything don't exist unless weather is involved - and that is a good thing for the park.

Last year when I went on any weekday there were 5-10 minute waits for everything, with the exception of Firehawk and Flight of Fear being 20 minutes. I remember going on Sundays and it wasn't even as bad as it was today.

Also, those four rides we rode had the shortest waits - that's why we rode them.

Just because it was such a short wait, we waited for front seat on Red....Too rough. I can't be the only one on here that puts there hands up on Diamondback but not Racer (and Beast)?

Just curious, do you "anchor" your feet on the bottom of the car? If so you are absorbing/transferring all of the bumps and roughness throughout your body. It took me a long time to realize that I was making a ride worse by holding on...if I lifted my feet up, and had a slightly loose lapbar the ride was not bad at all.

Thanks for the report! :)