Would You Wait 2 Hours?

TheBEASTunchained

2 Hours...probably just The Beast @ Night, heck, I'd wait 3+ for that one. Other than that, if it was really really crowded...Flight of Fear (indoors mostly with a fun pre-show) and Diamondback (line moves fast, so at least we'd be moving for most of the 2 hours)...and those 2 are stretching it, if there were other rides in the park with shorter waits, I'd skip them for the other ones.

Besides those, however, there really isn't anything else at Kings Island I'd wait that long for...thankfully, you don't really see many 2+ hour waits for rides other than Firehawk at Kings Island unless it is really, really crowded anymore (I try to avoid those days too). If the park were that crowded, you would see me heading for the more high-capacity rides and attractions as well as the less popular ones (Adventure Express, Racer, Vortex, Flat Rides)...and throw in a Beast ride or two, I'll wait for that one. ^_^

Well I've pretty much ridden everything (excluding some rides in Planet Snoopy). So I wouldn't wait 2 hours for a ride unless it's a night ride on The Beast or the ride was going to be removed. I still can't believe I waited an hour for Delirium....

2 Hours...probably just The Beast @ Night, heck, I'd wait 3+ for that one. Other than that, if it was really really crowded...Flight of Fear (indoors mostly with a fun pre-show) and Diamondback (line moves fast, so at least we'd be moving for most of the 2 hours)...and those 2 are stretching it, if there were other rides in the park with shorter waits, I'd skip them for the other ones.

Besides those, however, there really isn't anything else at Kings Island I'd wait that long for...thankfully, you don't really see many 2+ hour waits for rides other than Firehawk at Kings Island unless it is really, really crowded anymore (I try to avoid those days too). If the park were that crowded, you would see me heading for the more high-capacity rides and attractions as well as the less popular ones (Adventure Express, Racer, Vortex, Flat Rides)...and throw in a Beast ride or two, I'll wait for that one. ^_^

I would ALWAYS wait 2 hours or more for The Beast because it is we'll worth the wait at any point during the day but especially at night.

I would ALWAYS wait 2 hours or more for The Beast because it is we'll worth the wait at any point during the day but especially at night.

Dang, you guys are killing me! I want to ride it in the dark soooo bad!

• Like 1

I don't think I'd wait for any ride I've already been on for 2+ hours...if it were a new ride I hadn't been on, then maybe. The Beast in the dark is pretty amazing, but I still don't think I'd wait more than an hour for it, personally.

Diamondback (at night only), The Beast, Firehawk (if I get to ride in the front and it's not hot outside), Invertigo, Intimidator 305, Magnum XL-200, Mean Streak, Raptor, Millennium Force, Volcano:The Blast Coaster, Dominator, Mantis, and probably Wicked Twister.

I would not wait two hours to ride any ride, no matter how great it is. However, I did wait 2 hours back in 81 to ride The Bat, but only because it kept breaking down and I had never rode it. Do you remember the paw prints that began around RiverTown Pizza that lead up to The Beast in the 90's? But why spend a good chunk of your day at Kings Island waiting in line for a handful of rides With a season pass, I would have the entire season to ride the rides and they will still be there when the crowds are thinner.

• Like 2

I wouldn't go out of my way to wait two hours for any coaster on a whim, but I'll do it if there's a reason to do so. Very recently, I waited something like two to three hours for Flight of Fear while a strong storm blew through, prompting all the rides to close. A full queue diminished to ten people, making our group the front of the line. (Where else were we going to go? It's not like there was anything else to do in the park, save for maybe the shows.)

Flight of Fear, The Beast, Diamondback, Vortex, Flight Deck, and.... Adventure Express! Those I would wait 2, maybe even 3 hours.

Has the Adventure Express line ever been two hours? Even on busy days, I've never waited more than 30 minutes.

Flight of Fear, The Beast, Diamondback, Vortex, Flight Deck, and.... Adventure Express! Those I would wait 2, maybe even 3 hours.

Has the Adventure Express line ever been two hours? Even on busy days, I've never waited more than 30 minutes.

I don't have access to any data that would prove otherwise, but in my many years of riding Adventure Express, the longest I've ever waited was 35 minutes (BAFF day '04; the line was almost to the ladder game). Therefore, I don't believe AE's line has ever been 2 hours.

PS - Cap'n Planet. Nice.

The good thing about living near an amusement park, and having a pass, is the fact that if the waits are 2+ hours you can just leave and know that you can come back another time.

The only ride I will wait for 2+ hours at the park is Beast at night, or a ride on its opening day.

Now if we stretch the 2+ hour wait time to other parks in the world that I may only visit once, the wait doesn't matter as much to me.

The only times I've ever waited more than two hours for anything were all rain delays where I was in line when the ride was shut down and elected to wait it out in the shelter of the station. 2 hours, 30 minutes on The Racer (though that was during Coasting for Kids, so probably doesn't count), 2:15 on Diamondback, and 2:00 flat on TTD, all in 2011. That's also the only way I would wait two hours for anything aside from the opening of a new ride.