Would You Wait 2 Hours?

TheBEASTunchained

Quite a few of you guys wont wait in line over 2 hours for anything at Kings Island, But what about The Beast? Isn't it worth waiting 2 1/2 hours to ride?

Not when I can use my season pass to come back another day when it's not as busy.

• Like 1

The only ride I will wait for Is The Beast at Night.

When we went to Kings Island on 6-23-12 We ended up waiting a mere 3 and a half hours due to a ride fault. We didn't even leave the park until about 12AM and we got inline at around 9:45 We where the last ride that night and had a lot of fun It was VERY cold at the low parts.

Although I probably wouldn't wait two hours for most Kings Island rides, I would wait (and almost expect to wait) two hours for Millienium Force, Top Thrill Dragster and possibily Maverick or Raptor at Cedar Point. And while I'm on the topic of two hour waits, there was that one time I waited 2+ hours for the Dark Knight at Six Flags Great America (in '08-opening year) and it was only worth about a 15-30 minute wait...

• Like 1

The Beast to me so the most over hyped roller coaster out there. Very, very dull to me. It just gus the ground the entire time. Not many G's until the last helix and so over all a boreing ride to me.

I waited about 10 minutes or so for Dark Knight and though it was a pretty nice coaster for what it is. Why a park needs two wild mouse coasters though IDK.

• Like 1

A lot of the turns have some good laterals on The Beast. Now, I think the magnetic brakes absolutely kill the opportunity of air time, and the laterals and negatives are nowhere near the likes at Adventure Express, it's still a great coasters.

I like to think like I'm a beast, rampaging through the woods (hence why you're hugging the ground), chasing your next victim. When you go through the tunnels, all you can hear is your own ferocious roar. When you are flung out of the tunnels at great speeds, you are plastered to the side of the car as you chase through the woods, getting faster and faster, until you are almost within killing distance of your prey, and BAMMO! It gets away.

It's a lot more fun to ride rides with a story line. :)

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Now? It depends on the situation. Possibly Diamondback or a night ride on The Beast when there's a "new moon". Other than that, probably nothing.

However, I have "been there, done that" on two different occasions.

First time: The year Flight of Fear opened. The line extended all the way into Coney Mall but my dad and I didn't believe the signs. Then we got inside the building and realized they weren't joking...

Second time: The day Firehawk opened. Worth the wait for a "first rider" shirt and riding my first "flying" coaster the day it opened at KI. It's highly unlikely I would ever wait that long for Firehawk again.

• Like 2