If Six Flags owned KI

Trainman12

This is a strange question. Me and my friend were having an ordinary KI discussion last night and he thought that KI was owned by Six Flags. I corrected him and said Cedar Fair owns KI and I showed him http://cedarfair.com/ That got me thinking, what would KI be like if they were owned by Six Flags? Would it benfit the park or not?

• Like 2

Well, if Six Flags were to own th park, Firehawk would be Superman, Invertigo would be Batman, and The Beast would be Catwoman! The Ride!

And Catwoman! The Ride! would have Stride advertisements on the trains.

TheCrypt, who is watching Batman: The Animated Series, where coincidentally, Catwoman is sentenced to 5 years probation!

• Like 2

If Six Flags owned Kings Island, I'd have a working season pass. Parking would be more expensive. The park would be named Six Flags Over Kings Island.

And a lot more decisions about the park's future would be made in Mason, Ohio (not Grand Prairie, Texas) rather than in Sandusky, Ohio.

In addition, the COO would be a former KI GM, Paramount Parks CEO and Chairman, well aware of the park's heritage and potential.

• Like 4

KI has a lot of issues with season passes apparantly?

And Terp, I would hope your comment about decisions has changed. John (hildebrandt) has been given pretty much the reigns at Cedar Point since Kinzel took a step down. This is a BIG change. I hope whoever the KI equivalant is has also seen an analgous shift.

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls we have the new reincarnation of RailRoader19. I would despise it, the whole chain is just terrible in my opinion, also although CF may not be on my happy go go list at times, enough experiences at SIX parks in SIX years made me say no to the parks.

No one said that the former Chairman and CEO of Paramount Parks knows more about Kings Island than current management. Rather, decades of employment at Kings Island gives the COO of Six Flags a unique perspective about a competitive park, just as being a former Chairman and CEO of Paramount Parks gives a woman in Norcross, Georgia and Herschend a different but also unique perspective.

• Like 1

So, you've been to Six Flags Over Texas, Great Adventure, Six Flags Over Georgia, Fiesta Texas, Magic Mountain, Six Flags Great America, Six Flags New England?

If not, how can you make such an all encompassing judgment?

Thats why I said "one of the Six Flags parks" not All of the Six Flags parks, Thank you.

I've never been to Six Flags, but looking at Great Adventure, Magic Mountain, and Great America, how can people hate it? Those three parks have great rides and SFMM has the most coasters in the world, and GA has Kingda Ka, the tallest coaster in the world.. Really hoping to make it to a Six Flags park someday - there just aren't so many a close drive away.

• Like 2

I really don't understand where all this hate for Six Flags is coming from. Three Six Flags owned properties that I have been to, Great Adventure, Magic Mountain, and Over Texas, I actually prefer over Kings Island. The other two I have visited, Great America and New England, are by no means bad parks either. Be sure to visit these parks before making hasty assumptions about them.

• Like 2

I'm very happy with the improvements current management has made and expect it only to get better. If Six Flags were to buy KI tomorrow, I would not stop going to KI-I feel darn lucky to have a world class park in my own backyard no matter who is managing it. Besides, we would have Mr. Six dance parties on the grandstand. ( Love to see that man dance. )

• Like 3

I've only been to one Six Flags Park, Six Flags Over Texas, and as someone said earlier both chains have their strengths and weaknesses. I'll explain briefly...

Going into my visit back in 2007, I was expecting to enter a very bland and generic corporate park with lots of rides but little to no charm, as a lot of what I had heard about Six Flags parks was similar to what has been posted by some in this thread. I was very surprised with what I found. The park itself was beautiful and I would have to say it was more of a theme park than Kings Island is, as for the most part the rides all fit their respective areas, even if I didn't care for some of the themes (ex. I prefer Congo Falls "theming" over Aquaman for a splash ride and I think Zephyr is a much better looking swing ride than The Gun Slinger, etc.). The rides were good and I had a great time, of course I was also dropped off and didn't have to pay for parking. My day at Six Flags Over Texas left me wanting to get to more Six Flags parks, something I've yet to do, but hope to change soon.

Six Flags and Cedar Fair are both good park chains, do I wish Six Flags owned Kings Island? Not necessarily, but I don't think it would be the end of the world and they would probably do a lot of things I'd like, as well as some that I wouldn't (advertising wraps on coaster trains anyone?). I was one of the people who, after hearing CBS wanted to sell the Paramount Parks, was keeping their fingers crossed that the parks weren't made into a package deal and that Kings Island would've become a Busch Park (now SeaWorld Parks). When I heard Cedar Fair purchased the parks I was a little disappointed, but they have surprised me and done a lot of great things for the park, as well as some questionable things.

I've gotten a little sidetracked but my point is that you shouldn't overgeneralize about park chains, they all have their strengths and shortcomings, their strong parks and their less than strong parks. The end.

• Like 4