If Six Flags owned KI

Trainman12

I don't see what's so bad about SF. I mean I guess they're a poorly run company due to the fact they went bankrupt several years ago but when I went to Six Flags Great Adventure I had a blast; and I didn't even get to ride Kingda Ka!

Six Flags has different management now. What got it in trouble was borrowing way too much money to buy too many parks and too many coasters, an overemphasis on new product and an underemphasis on customer service and taking care of the infrastructure and significantly underpricing season passes and gate pricing while overcharging for nearly everything else.

Much of this has been fixed. Much remains to be done.

• Like 2

He didn't have to make such a big deal about. It sounds like he wasted a lot of time trying to get to ride operations manager to complain and then writing a giant article about it on ultimaterollercoaster.com. Who cares? It's not like this article is going to make me never go to a Six Flags park again. I mean it may be because I'm 14 and really don't give a darn about things like customer service and park cleanliness. All I care about are COASTERS, and SF has tons of them! :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

In light of Six Flags announcing their 2018 line up, I decided to bump this thread.

Action Zone would be themed entirely to DC. Invertigo would themed to Wonder Woman, Banshee would be themed to Bizarro and later repainted and rethemed to Superman, and The Bat would be named Batman the Ride. Drop Tower would be renamed Drop of Doom, Delirium would be named Harley Quinn's Spinsanity. Congo Falls would be removed for a 4d freespin named the Joker. 

Coney Mall would turn into Bourbon Street and the whole section would be a Mardi Gras theme. Racer would get RMC'd. WindSeeker would be renamed some generic Six Flags name. Vortex would be removed. BLSC might just stay the same. The rest of the flats would either be named after a DC character or given a cloned name. 

Firehawk would be renamed X-flight and Flight of Fear would stay the same. 

Diamondback would be the same but the colors would fade. The Beast would be neglected, and the theme in Mystic Timbers would slowly die. There'd probably be a really bad flat put in the section somewhere. 

Planet Snoopy would turn into Looney Tunes land with really off colors and dance parties. Boo Blasters would most likely be turned into a Battle for Metropolis ride.

Oktoberfest would perhaps stay the same. 

Operations would be long as well as the lines. VR would come to a lot of the rides increasing ride time and all the roller coasters would have some type of advertisement on them.

• Like 4

Personally, the Six Flags parks that I have been to (Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Over Georgia, Six Flags Magic Mountain and Six Flags St. Louis) all had a certain quality about them.  I wouldn`t describe it as "cheap," but they all seemed to have a sense of being superficial and only after making money.  The theming seems cheap, and not maintained really well.  I wouldn`t say dirty, but they feel a little more seedy than a Cedar Fair park.  I would prefer to visit a Cedar Fair park any day over a Six Flags park.

• Like 2

I concur and to add many years ago SFSTL completely gave up on grounds keeping.  When I was a kid it was always full of bright colorful flowers then the switched to low maintenance drab plants and lawns in the ghetto have less weeds.   They could never pull off something like the KI Calendar.  Add in all the hair gel billboards and othe sponsored content and I think "cheap" fits and the passes are cheap.  

• Like 1

On August 1, 2012 at 8:17 AM, jasonondropzone said:

If Kings Island was owned by Six Flags, and they ran it like SFKK, I would never return. SFKK was horrible, most of the rides were small and the only good coaster there was T2.

T2 was a good SLC (Yes, I said it) considering how crappy SLC's are and the whole company of Vekoma for that matter. Watch Mind Eraser at Elitch Gardens reverse Pov and stare as men's heads are bashed around like rag dolls. I'm just glad Invertigo at KI isn't too bad.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I'm the first to criticize, but it would be a tough sale to convince anyone that's been around for any amount of time that Cedar Fair (Ouimet and beyond) have been the best thing that's happened to KI since it's original ownership group.  They/we have a lot going on, and it's an exciting park to hang around.  Six Flags just isn't right now.  

Six Flags would give us a Larson Loop, a Free Spin, and not allow employees to run more than one or two trains. Honestly, the whole Kings Island fan base would take a hit because we would always know that we were getting a cheap cookie cutter ride and that it would not be open until halfway into the season!

• Like 2