If Six Flags owned KI

Trainman12

It would be a dump with poor operations.  Six Flags parks are neglected with weeds growing instead of landscaping.  They want to force sales of atlas passes with their slow operations.  And there would be incoherent superhero rides in the park.     They really are the bottom of the barrel in theme park chains. 

Cedar Fair has done a great job at the mess they were handed to by Paramount. 

It's been awhile since I've been there, but the Six Flags in Arlington, TX was one of my favorite parks at one time---for a long time. The one in San Antonio was nice, too. Are they dumps now? If so, that's a shame but I can't say because it's been so long. I hope not. For sure it does not appear that the chain gives their full attention to all of the parks under their ownership, and that's too bad.

• Like 1

There is something to be said about judging a chain by its worst location, but Six Flags Magic Mountain and Six Flags Great Adventure are nothing like Six Flags Discovery Kingdom and Six Flags America. There are some very nice Six Flags parks.

• Like 4

I don't want to give any business a free-pass, but when it comes to amusement parks I think there is something to be said for the participation of the community-at-large. Is the place clean? Do the guests do their part to keep it so? Is the place well-policed? Do guests feel safe? Does the community want it, and do they show that they want it? All good questions...I think.

On 7/23/2019 at 1:09 PM, Fitzcoasts14 said:

What is your opinion on what it would be like if Kings Island were bought by six flags?

I merged your thread with this one. It is always cool to have a thread bumped, and see the comments from a few years ago.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...