Winterfest 2012

BB1

Well I told her that Winterfest was only done once in 2005 (recent years) and hasn't been done since. I asked her and she seemed to be serious! Perhaps she did just get a little muddled about what her time frame would be! I don't know....and no I'm not joking!

Is she by any chance the dippin dots lady? (BB1 who takes everything with a grain of salt)

Well I told her that Winterfest was only done once in 2005 (recent years) and hasn't been done since. I asked her and she seemed to be serious! Perhaps she did just get a little muddled about what her time frame would be! I don't know....and no I'm not joking!

Is she by any chance the dippin dots lady? (BB1 who takes everything with a grain of salt)

No, it's not her.(were you even here when he posted?) Like I said she doesn't just start rumors..we never know, this one might be true! Never know! Further, she didn't just post OMG I'M WORKING THIS WINTER AT KI!!!11

No, she said she just got a job and I mentioned well that's weird they close in like 2 weeks. She then said, well I have this, haunt and then winter. She may have very well been confused and didn't know they didn't do Winterfest anymore....But I doubt that...

I always loved winter fest since I only lived 30 minutes away. Had a great time each time. My wife's granddaughter got a job for fear fest and she said there may be a winter fest this year. Unfortunately, I believe the greed factor will prevent this from EVER happening.The last time I was at Kings Island was winter fest in 2005. I know that in my family alone there would be around 20 of us going, many of us multiple times. I always enjoyed just walking around and enjoying the beauty of the park/season. I have been attending the beach water parks winter fest but they are out of business until supposedly next year, which I will believe it when I see it..hopefully, Kings Island big-wigs will do the right thing this year.. With all the bad news going on, it would be a nice thing to see

I got a job for fear fest and she said there may be a winter fest this year.

Uhhhhh that may be against the ToS.......

(Lets ask LongLive about the subject, he always has fun with spoilers!)

Yepp. You're new so I'll cut you some slack, but when posting information like that you must state the name of the source. Either that or edit the infromation out of your post so further people can't see it. There have been quite a few people banned from this, but if you take my advise you should be fine.

http://www.KICentral...rms-of-service/

You know....there are several places around that have a Winterfest celebration in January. WINTER doesn't just mean Christmas. There could be activities such as ice skating, ice carving, dinos in the snow, etc.......

No, it's not her.(were you even here when he posted?)

Wait, Dipping Dots guy was actually a user on here? I just thought he was supposed to be the epitome of the guy with "insider information"! I really want read this guys posts now.

There was really a Dippin Dots guy also to answer Long's question yes I was "visiting" the forums even then.

Here's a fine fellow... http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/user/4425-dip-ndots-guy/

As I have said before Winterfest is awsome, it should come back the last try was price was to much, the weather for opening night was cold, and when you price yourself out of fans, that is what you will get.

Could they add a couple attractions, and good christmas ride in the boo hill building etc.

Maybe some of the haunt buildings could be santa workshop, mrs. clause cookie decorating station, etc.

This could work.

It all is about the costs involved to stage the event and the revenue expected and the extra time and expenses related to getting the park ready for the next season. The park has to remove all the Haunt attractions and set it all up for the WinterFest. All this will take away from the time spent in rehabbing all the rides and making general improvements to the rest of the park. It would be labor intensive and bound to put strain on the staff working on this. I would think if it ever happen, it would be low key to start and gage the fan reaction through various surveys and focus groups. It would all be geared towards the holiday events rather than just trying to operate rides like it was during the fall. Believe me, I have worked during the first season when we were open in the first weekend in November and we FROZE!