Cedar Point Fast Lane

I will be taking a trip to Cedar Point starting Sunday the 12th, and leaving on Wednesday the 15th, and I was wondering if Fast Lane really cuts down the line that much or is there still a long wait even with the Fast Pass. I wanted to get peoples thoughts and experiences before I go out and spend 55 dollars on one.

Not to mention that, but I must admit that I got GREAT pleasure and amusement last Friday, watching a line of 30 or so Fast Laners standing outside Millies station in a nice, cold, Lake Erie downpour while I, a simple lowly Platinum Pass holder, was nice and dry inside the station thinking to myself "Hehe, hows that extra $65 (NOT $55) treating you now?". Yes, Im a jerk when it comes to things like that, sorry.

• Like 5

Since you are going for awhile, also during the week in August, I wouldn't use it, but when I did on my trip on a Friday, the lines were still an hour long with Fast Lane.

We stay for 1 or 2 weekends at CP during the fall, we were excited about having a fastlane option this year. Im not so sure now,if you waited an hour on a friday i hope they double the fastlane price in october!

Since you are going for awhile, also during the week in August, I wouldn't use it, but when I did on my trip on a Friday, the lines were still an hour long with Fast Lane.

We stay for 1 or 2 weekends at CP during the fall, we were excited about having a fastlane option this year. Im not so sure now,if you waited an hour on a friday i hope they double the fastlane price in october!

Interesting to hear that about the experience last Friday. I was there on Sunday for the Disaster Transport event and purchased a Fast Lane. LOVED it. Park was very busy. Dragster had a 90 minute wait, MF was 90 minutes, Maverick was 2 hours and Raptor had a full queue. Fast Lane for Dragster took 15 minutes, 20 for MF, 10 minutes for Maverick and Raptor I walked right up into the station both times. If you want a lot of rides, I highly recommend it. I was able to ride Maverick 5 times in about an hour on Sunday morning :-)

- Todd

• Like 1

Yes it cuts down on waits. Do you need it? No. Especially if you are going to be there from Sunday til Wednesday.

But, If you have money to blow then why not? :)

Well money to blow, probably not. I do not mind SPENDING the money to get more and more rides.

That is why I fear getting a Fast Lane, I mean don't get me wrong an hour wait is better than a 2 hour wait, but is it 55 dollars worth of getting an extra hour knocked off, probably not. I might just see how Monday goes and how crowded the park is and then see if I want to get one on Tuesday.

Interesting to hear that about the experience last Friday. I was there on Sunday for the Disaster Transport event and purchased a Fast Lane. LOVED it. Park was very busy. Dragster had a 90 minute wait, MF was 90 minutes, Maverick was 2 hours and Raptor had a full queue. Fast Lane for Dragster took 15 minutes, 20 for MF, 10 minutes for Maverick and Raptor I walked right up into the station both times. If you want a lot of rides, I highly recommend it. I was able to ride Maverick 5 times in about an hour on Sunday morning :-)

- Todd

I just hit the rides at the wrong time; i.e. Millennium first, but by the time the hour wait was over, Maverick already got a long line; and I pretty much went to all the rides at the same time as everyone else it seems like. I'm not overexaggerating though.

That brings up an intresting question.

Will FL be available for HW or HH given the reduced hours?

I have already puchased a FL for a Halloweekends Saturday, so I would say they are available. Last couple years Halloweekends on a Saturday has been unbearable, I waited over an hour to ride the corkscrew, over 3 hours for MF, so I was spending most of my time just walking around, because I couldn't stand the waiting, so hopefully FL will be worth the price.

I just hit the rides at the wrong time; i.e. Millennium first, but by the time the hour wait was over, Maverick already got a long line; and I pretty much went to all the rides at the same time as everyone else it seems like. I'm not overexaggerating though.

Oh, I believe you! It is definitely about the timing, as I did see the Fast Lane wait time for Millennium Force go up to about 30-45 minutes at one point and was starting to back up to the Fast Lane entrance. Saturday night I noticed that Maverick had a lengthy line for Fast Lane. The one ride that surprised me with a short wait every time was Dragster. Every time we walked right up to the ramps leading up to the station.

- Todd

I have already puchased a FL for a Halloweekends Saturday, so I would say they are available.

I am wondering more about Friday night (reduced hours & rides) & Sundays (reduced hours).

Saturdays are a no brainer. Halloweekend Saturdays are some of the busiest, if not the busiest, of the year for CP.

Unless you have never been to CP, I would avoid HW Saturdays like a certain group avoids Chick-fil-a. ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...

Did anybody on here use Fast Lane at Cedar Point this year?  I was wondering this same question as we are taking a trip up there from Indy next summer.  Trip is really for daughters dance competition on a Sunday in June, so will just have one day in the park that Saturday.  

Does Fast Lane make as much of a difference in wait as it does at KI?  Or is it oversaturated to the point where lines are still pretty hefty even with it?  Have not been there since before Maverick opened, so a lot of new attractions I'm looking forward to.

Any insight is appreciated!

7 minutes ago, MonteCristo said:

Did anybody on here use Fast Lane at Cedar Point this year?  I was wondering this same question as we are taking a trip up there from Indy next summer.  Trip is really for daughters dance competition on a Sunday in June, so will just have one day in the park that Saturday.  

Does Fast Lane make as much of a difference in wait as it does at KI?  Or is it oversaturated to the point where lines are still pretty hefty even with it?  Have not been there since before Maverick opened, so a lot of new attractions I'm looking forward to.

Any insight is appreciated!

I used Fast Lane Plus. This year I went on a VERY busy day, Steel Vengeance had over a 2 hour wait. I waited 30 minutes. Remember Millennium Force having an hour wait, while I again waited around 30 minutes. In the end I wouldn't of been able to do a whole lot of things I wanted to if I didn't have Fast Lane, so from my experience I would definitely say it makes a difference.

I used it this past season as well, mostly because it was my last CP visit for a while as I like to spread out my visits due to how often they add big rides and I wanted to really get to know Steel Vengeance before I go on my CP hiatus.  I'd say it was worth it, though, it was only really useful on Maverick, SV, Valravn, and TTD on the day I went.  When I do choose to go, I always go for 2 days, and I usually let myself splurge a bit. 

Awesome thank you both!

32 minutes ago, Arrow said:

In the end I wouldn't of been able to do a whole lot of things I wanted to if I didn't have Fast Lane, so from my experience I would definitely say it makes a difference.

16 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

I used it this past season as well, mostly because it was my last CP visit for a while as I like to spread out my visits due to how often they add big rides and I wanted to really get to know Steel Vengeance before I go on my CP hiatus.  I'd say it was worth it, though, it was only really useful on Maverick, SV, Valravn, and TTD on the day I went.  When I do choose to go, I always go for 2 days, and I usually let myself splurge a bit. 

Thank you to you both!

I wish I could go for the 2 days.  Not a bad idea, Maybe I will go up Thursday night of that weekend and Have Friday and Saturday in the park.  Something to think about for sure.

I have had Fast Lane Plus twice at Cedar Point: once at the end of October 2017, and once in August 2018. We won a trip to Cedar Point that included them in Late 2017, and in 2018 we renewed our season passes and used them on a Sunday (because Saturdays were no-go for using that perk).

I would say, if you have the money, it's worth it. You'll probably still have to wait for some rides, depending on how crowded it is and when you go to them, but the wait times will be a lot shorter than without Fast Lane for most popular rides. Steel Vengeance, Maverick, and Valravn are probably your worst chances for running into a big line even with Fast Lane Plus- at peak, I saw all of them go above 30 minute waits for Fast Lane, with SV going up to 45 because it only was running 2 trains at the time. Still, that's way better than the 2-hour waits all of them had in the regular line. However, early and later in the day Maverick and Valravn were near walk-ons with Fast Lane and Steel Vengeance was down to 10-15 minutes. The other rides that you'll see huge time savings on are Millennium Force (you can skip the main que and go straight to the ramp with Fast Lane) and Top Thrill Dragster (You don't wanna stand in line for this too long, that's giving it too many chances to break down and TTD loves breaking down), and Raptor (I got on it in less than 10 minutes when the main line was 90!).

GateKeeper, Magnum XL-200, Rougarou, Blue Streak, Gemini, Wicked Twister, Corkscrew, and Cedar Creek Mine Ride all usually don't have much of wait anyway, unless it is very busy or various other rides are down due to wind or other factors. Iron Dragon does not have Fast Lane, if it has a 45-minute wait (Rare but possible), you have no other option if you wanna ride it than to wait 45 minutes.

• Like 1

Unless they have changed it at CP (we last went 2015), the FL and FLP line merge with the regular line about halfway through rather than have a ending at the station (like KI does).  An employee is stationed there to sort it out.

I have not been to any other Cedar Fair Parks (yet).  I wonder how they do their FL line (like KI or CP).  Can anyone shed some light on this?

• Like 1

Just a bit of revisionist history here, and I'm probably wrong to some extent.

I recall back in the mid 2000's they had a FastPass system for some of their bigger rides, Millennium Force, Dragster, etc.  It was a hand stamp and they would tell you what time to come back.

I definitely remember those two specific rides had the merge near the base of the ramp that goes up to the station.  

• Like 1

@MonteCristo if you're going to Cedar Point be cautious before buying a FL or FLP pass. During my internship this past summer there were days where I rode Top Thrill Dragster 4 times in under 15 minutes and Millennium Force had no wait; granted Steel Vengeance had insane wait times which thinned out the rest of the lines. 

If you're staying with a Cedar Point Resort like Breakers or Lighthouse Point you get early access into the park so you can knock out a lot of coasters like Steel Vengeance, Maverick, Millennium Force, Valravn and GateKeeper before the park even opens to the GP. I always told hotel guests to do this first before considering purchasing a FL or FLP. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, teenageninja said:

Just a bit of revisionist history here, and I'm probably wrong to some extent.

I recall back in the mid 2000's they had a FastPass system for some of their bigger rides, Millennium Force, Dragster, etc.  It was a hand stamp and they would tell you what time to come back.

I definitely remember those two specific rides had the merge near the base of the ramp that goes up to the station.  

I think you are correct; I got a hand stamp for Dragster when it first opened (I think it was around this time; I know I was in Middle School), but I ended up chickening out.

• Like 1

Yeah MF and TTD both did hand stamps. I think they just did this as crowd control. They would give so many out at certain times, for getting into a shorter line. TTD you would go to where the two lines go up and into the station, MF was kind of the same, but I think it goes to where the current FP line ends (going up the ramp alongside the exit station).

I think it was mainly a way that they could make sure people got to ride it at least once without spending an abundance of time in line and not enjoying other aspects of the park. That was before Maverick, Valravn, GateKeeper etc. So pretty much everyone went there for MF and TTD. Crowds are much more dispersed now.

• Like 2

@SonofBaconator That is some great advice, thank you.  We are staying at Breakers.  Definitely good to know about the early ride time.  And the Fast Lane was included with the ticket.  It was one of those holiday sales around Thanksgiving, I think it was for Black Friday, for like 65 bucks it was admission, with Fast Lane plus, and I dont know what all, similar to what Kings Island does from time to time.

I had not been aware of the early ride times so I will definitely be checking into that for when we are there.  

Thanks you to everyone else who has commented also, all very helpful.

• Like 1