What will take SOB's place?

Dill

There's all sorts of speculation about what will or should happen to the area occupied by SOB. What do you think will be the "future expansion" to Kings Island? This is the place to post anything about what you think will happen. Hopefully this organizes all the chaos

How about a steel 310 foot big blue coaster Giga-coaster ? Made by Intimin AG, which has a 300 foot drop, an 80 degree maximum vertical angle, runs smooth as glass with lots of air time. You can name it anything you want.

• Like 1

How about a steel 310 foot big blue coaster Giga-coaster ? Made by Intimin AG, which has a 300 foot drop, an 80 degree maximum vertical angle, runs smooth as glass with lots of air time. You can name it anything you want.

Son of Millennium Force?

• Like 2

If it were me making decisions, I'd rule out:

- a wooden coaster

- anything with the name Son of ...

As you don't want comparisons

- a connection to X-base

As I don't think the landscape makes sense

- a single ride

As the space exists to build out Action Zone more efficiently.

If it were today's Flags management in charge of Cedar Fair, it easily could actually BE Millennium Force, but called something else, probably named for a superhero. And someone here would call it a big blue B&M.

• Like 5

What I would think will go into Son of Beasts place Is another coaster Obviously. We all know that they are keeping the Station for Halloween Haunt 2012 and most liekly 2013 so what's the point of doing that. Or they might keep it as a HH attraction for a long time and add something into that place. Son of Beast looked to be a very fun ride. I never got to ride it. But hopefully in it's place Will go something just as exiting as the Coaster. Everyone wanted it gone. So glad they are getting rid of it.

Something along the lines of Verbolten at Busch Gardens VA would be awesome back in that area and leading into the trees. The theming would pretty much fit well too. Depending on how they plan on theming the rumored Action Zone remodel they could theme the ride to that.

Yup your right I fixed it. And it's themed around different countries but that ride is just based on a sports car that goes for a cruise and ends up in a "black forest" with a freefall drop and two launches. Very fun, way better than Flight of Fear

Who said they would put a coaster in its place? Who said they were using the station for 2012 and 2013?

Umm Apparently the stuff they still got in the station that is for Halloween Haunt. They used it Last Year and their making use of it. and Apparently you don't get the point. This is a discussion of WHAT MIGHT COME in it's place. I'm saying it's possible that a new Coaster will get put there. Maybe even a Flat Side of some sorts.

Who said they would put a coaster in its place? Who said they were using the station for 2012 and 2013?

Umm Apparently the stuff they still got in the station that is for Halloween Haunt. They used it Last Year and their making use of it. and Apparently you don't get the point. This is a discussion of WHAT MIGHT COME in it's place. I'm saying it's possible that a new Coaster will get put there. Maybe even a Flat Side of some sorts.

Some people on here just think its cool to be rude because they've been members longer than us. It's kinda pathetic when newbs are more respectful than the veterans. This is a forum for a fun, happy place so why can't we show the same attitude on here. Get over yourself

It's they way you put your words;

What I would think will go into Son of Beasts place Is another coaster Obviously.
We all know that they are keeping the Station for Halloween Haunt 2012 and most liekly 2013

I wasn't trying to be rude, I was just questioning your thoughts on what Kings Island will do for 2012 and 2013. Things change. There might not be a coaster in Son of Beast's place. They may not use the station for HH 2012. Or 2013.

Also, Dill, the "veterans" are not being rude; most of them (I don't consider myself one) are just trying to help you as posters, as to how to post, what to post, etc.

• Like 8

I think Don said the station would be used this season for Wolf Pack. I'm not sure where I remember seeing that, probably the "sob to be removed" thread... But that doesn't mean they won't demolish it soon after haunt is over... I hope that's the case:)

• Like 3

I don't think they can expand Action Zone to replace SOB. The space for the rides shouldn't be an issue, but the area in discussion as is feels sort of like a dead end (Restrooms + Ride Entrances) But if they manage to expand back out that way, we could see a shorter line for Flight Deck? I feel Cedar Fair will build a single replacement coaster, whatever the type may be, along with renovations to the current Action Zone area.

Would love to see a GG woodie go in that area, just met the guys at Gravity Group yesterday they're a great bunch and we could use another home built ride to go with Diamondback.

Couldn't agree more! Imagine one of those rippin through the trees back by top gun! Personally I think they're going to add actual park area behind coney mall and in between Action Zone and x base, if you look on the map, with the Eiffel Tower and international street being the balance of the park, the area I discussed is the only part that throws the park out of being equally balanced. You've got a big empty space that ends up making the park look crescent shaped vs an oval. Hope that made sense lol

Yup your right I fixed it. And it's themed around different countries but that ride is just based on a sports car that goes for a cruise and ends up in a "black forest" with a freefall drop and two launches. Very fun, way better than Flight of Fear

I think we already have a car themed ride. (Backlot Stunt Coaster)

Maybe the ride is better (but no quick launches IT APPEARS, no inversions?), but Verbolten doesn't have an amazing on-ride soundtrack! ;)